• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden reverses cruel family separation policy and works to reunite traumatized children with their loved ones.

Like I said before, CNN "news" consumer, show us the "cruel family separation policy" that Biden's EO "reversed." Hopefully you can do better than our German friend who dug up something that hasn't been a policy for years, and pasted it it here without reading it.
Yes, you said it. You then gave a snarky comment, and misinformation. You did not support anything. I am sorry, but I can not take your efforts seriously.

Yes, you said it. You then gave a snarky comment, and misinformation. You did not support anything. I am sorry, but I can not take your efforts seriously.
No? You don't have any idea what this "policy" CNN refers to could be, or how Biden's EO "reverses" it? 😂

Didn't think so.

This is my first time posting a thread, so I hope I followed proper protocol. I protested the family separation policy when it first began, and it is one of the many reasons I voted for Biden was to help undo some of the damage from it.

more from the article:

"The Biden administration is committed to remedying this awful harm the Trump administration inflicted on families," a senior administration official said, calling the policy a "moral failure" and "national shame."
Biden called the policy a "stain" on the country's reputation.
"By the grace of God and goodwill of the neighbors, we'll reunite these children and reestablish our reputation as being a haven for people in need," he said.
The Justice Department also officially rescinded the policy last week in a memo to federal prosecutors, even though it had already been ended.
Cases of separated families will be examined on an individual basis to determine next steps. "The goal of the task force is one to identify, but two to make recommendations as to how the families can be united, taking into account the menu of options that exist under immigration law," the official said.
He.... he does realize that the original person that caged children was his buddy Obama while he served as VP.... right?

Oh, nevermind, this is Biden, he couldn't remember what someone told him a minute ago.

Oh, look!

CNN must have caught a bunch of flak over the idiocy of their "news" article...

They've edited it and changed the title. 😂 😂 😂

Biden signs immigration executive orders and establishes task force to reunite separated families
The orders signed Tuesday largely direct reviews of policies and do not have an immediate impact

So sad for W_Heisenberg and RAMOSS who are left defending a bunch of BS.

Translation: Biden will release illegal immigrants into the U.S. as that is the only way to keep them together due to a court ruling that made it illegal to have kids be detained with adults, even if they are family. A lawsuit that was pushed by liberals in the first place.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Biden's change in policy, which actually took place on Jan 26th allows the government to deport illegal immigrants through civil deportation procedures, instead of charging them with a crime. This is what our government has been doing for about 30 years until the idiot-in-chief began charging each and every illegal immigrant with crimes as means to separate their families in order to terrorize would-be illegal immigrants.

Biden's change in policy, which actually took place on Jan 26th allows the government to deport illegal immigrants through civil deportation procedures, instead of charging them with a crime. This is what our government has been doing for about 30 years until the idiot-in-chief began charging each and every illegal immigrant with crimes as means to separate their families in order to terrorize would-be illegal immigrants.
If they violated immigration law, why shouldn't they be charged with a crime?

Uh huh...and where will they be waiting while their date comes up in court?

Oh, look!

CNN must have caught a bunch of flak over the idiocy of their "news" article...

They've edited it and changed the title. 😂 😂 😂

Biden signs immigration executive orders and establishes task force to reunite separated families
The orders signed Tuesday largely direct reviews of policies and do not have an immediate impact

So sad for W_Heisenberg and RAMOSS who are left defending a bunch of BS.

You still don't know what you're talking about. The Trump admin never officially ended the policy.

Uh huh...and where will they be waiting while their date comes up in court?

There is no court dude. They put them on a bus/plane, read to them a bunch of crap about not coming back, and then tell them to go home. It takes hours or days to process improper entry using civil procedures, not weeks and months like it does for criminal procedures. If they process the illegal immigrants using the civil statutes they don't need to go to court.

What Trump and his idiotic supporters wanted is to make the illegal immigrants suffer. So they began charging them criminally in every single instance. They did this so they could have an excuse to separate their families and so it would scare the shit of them and as a means to discourage future illegal immigrants from coming.

He.... he does realize that the original person that caged children was his buddy Obama while he served as VP.... right?

Oh, nevermind, this is Biden, he couldn't remember what someone told him a minute ago.

But only for 20 hours...not for years.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders/index.html

CNN)President Joe Biden signed three executive orders Tuesday that take aim at his predecessor's hardline immigration policies and try to rectify the consequences of those policies, including by establishing a task force designed to reunite families separated at the US-Mexico border.
The latest orders build upon the actions taken in Biden's first days in office and begin to provide a clearer picture of the administration's immigration priorities.

I'm not making new law, I'm eliminating bad policy," Biden said at the White House, flanked by Vice President Kamala Harris and newly confirmed Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, of the stream of executive orders he's signed as President.
"This is about how America's safer, stronger, more prosperous when we have a fair, orderly, and humane legal immigration system," Biden said.

What happened were nothing less than gross human rights abuses. These executive orders are welcome developments.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/biden-immigration-executive-orders/index.html

CNN)President Joe Biden signed three executive orders Tuesday that take aim at his predecessor's hardline immigration policies and try to rectify the consequences of those policies, including by establishing a task force designed to reunite families separated at the US-Mexico border.
The latest orders build upon the actions taken in Biden's first days in office and begin to provide a clearer picture of the administration's immigration priorities.

I'm not making new law, I'm eliminating bad policy," Biden said at the White House, flanked by Vice President Kamala Harris and newly confirmed Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, of the stream of executive orders he's signed as President.
"This is about how America's safer, stronger, more prosperous when we have a fair, orderly, and humane legal immigration system," Biden said.
So, we can look forward to more human trafficking; Way to go, Joe!!

This thread amounts so much bullshit!

For starters....the seperation policy was started several years before Trump took office.

By whom you ask??? By none other than Barrack and Joe.

And its been a good policy! ....For starters anyone in this country who breaks a law and gets caught for breaking that law while they have children with them....the children are always seperated from the adults.

Lets say you get pulled over for driving drunk and you have your kids with you.....you will get arrested and taken to jail.....your kids will not!

They will be taken to a place where kids are kept till someone can pick them up

So its no different.....the parents got got breaking the law breaking into our country uninvited) and the kids are seperated from the adults where they are frankly...safer as many times the children come into the country accompanied by adults who are not family or even related.

Simply put, everything you said here is bullshit. Befire you posy crap like this do some himework so that you don't come across as an idiot.

What happened were nothing less than gross human rights abuses. These executive orders are welcome developments.
First of all, how can you know they are the child's parents? In fact, there were 500 children that Fed found the REAL parents but they did not want to have them back. They wanted them to stay at the US

There is no court dude. They put them on a bus/plane, read to them a bunch of crap about not coming back, and then tell them to go home. It takes hours or days to process improper entry using civil procedures, not weeks and months like it does for criminal procedures. If they process the illegal immigrants using the civil statutes they don't need to go to court.

If that's what's happening, then I'm fine with that. However, I don't think that's what's going to be happening, especially since it's well known that all you have to do is come and claim asylum and the Biden admin will likely cut them loose and give them a date to review their case.

I see you are taking things out of context. those 'cages' were temporary holding pens when the system got overwhelmed, and the max time that anybody could spend in them was 72 hours. That's opposed to the months and months were poor care was given, medical treatment was denied, and you had 10 and 12 year old kids taking care of toddlers under Trump. I will also point out that at least 7 children died under the conditions that the Trump administration provided.

Do you enjoy giving misinformation.
The Obama era cages were necessary. Ok.

Which "cruel family separation policy" was "reversed"?

CNN gets it wrong again.
Yes. Why were these “illegals” treated so nicely? We need to send them back with bruises and stories of the harsh American rule! That will teach those damned rapists! In the mean time we should create “camps” where we can “concentrate” them, in the future. Long live American power and rule over the poor countries! Let’s extract their resources and give nothing back. Yes, yes, mua aaa mua aa!

The Obama era cages were necessary. Ok.
For a short period of time. Like I said, the max time children could be in there was 72 hours, and those were in use for only a short time in 2015

For a short period of time. Like I said, the max time children could be in there was 72 hours, and those were in use for only a short time in 2015
Isn't it embarrassing to demonstrate such partisan hackishness?

In 2019, border patrol detected 6,200 fraudulent family members. A third of women coming across the border will be sexually abused (including minors). Criminal adults belong in adult prisons/jails. Children of criminal parents belong in child protective services.

These failed policies result in increased child exploitation where coyotes know their get out of jail free card is to bring a kid with them across the border. Many of those kids will be sexually abused. This isn't a sound policy of law enforcement.

Last edited:
Long overdo. Undoing yet another sadistic Trump policy.

The Obama administration started the policy, and it is designed to protect children when it is unclear if the adults they are with are their parents or not. Reason being that quite often these children are being used as shields by criminals and coyotes to try and pose as illegal immigrant families.

The easy answer is to continue the current program of forcing assylum seekers to staying in their own country, or in Mexico, until their case is heard in court. Especially stay in Mexico since Mexico is willing to offer temporary residency, and allow them to work if they can find work. If the left Hondurs or some place like that due to a saftey need. Well, when they are in Mexico or Guatamala then they aren't in danger anymore, so wait there.

Plus, by stopping the catch and release on this side of the border, then we are miitgating the INCENTIVE for coyotes and criminals to use and exploit children in order to get across the border and stayin the USA. Especially since most of these people never show up for their court dates here anyway.

Back
Top Bottom