• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden reportedly mulling sending tank-destroying kamikaze drones to Ukraine

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

President Biden is considering giving Ukraine so-called “kamikaze drones” that can demolish tanks from up to 25 miles away as part of more than $1 billion in military aid,

many experts call "kamikaze drones” the game changer in Ukrainian - Muscovite war, terrible news for Putin´s LONGGGGG unprotected columns 😁
(y)

He'll probably end up changing his mind and not send them, fearing it would "escalate things".

With all due respect, "he" is not mulling anything.

It is his "advisers" who are mulling the idea.

Just heard that someone asked him whether the Kremlin sadist is a "war criminal."

He immediately said, "No" and left the microphone.

He then quickly returned and said, "Yes."

Apparently one of his "advisers" had to tell him the correct answer!

He'll probably end up changing his mind and not send them, fearing it would "escalate things".

Just heard that someone asked him whether the Kremlin sadist is a "war criminal."

one for sure soon we will see more of 0:42 flying "russians" 🇷🇺

President Biden is considering giving Ukraine so-called “kamikaze drones” that can demolish tanks from up to 25 miles away as part of more than $1 billion in military aid,

many experts call "kamikaze drones” the game changer in Ukrainian - Muscovite war, terrible news for Putin´s LONGGGGG unprotected columns 😁
(y)

I pray he provides them. Switchblade drones are the latest technology, they are very cheap compared to Hellfire missiles, and 1000 of them with 50lb javelin warheads would have wiped out that 40km Russian column.

What a shame they weren't deployed far earlier...indicative of another blunder on Biden's part.

(y)
These drones are basically small cruise/anti-tank missiles.

Also I disagree with calling them Kamikaze drones, if only because in my mind that implies humans committing suicide attacks, not drones programmed or controlled to hit targets.

Send a limited number. This is technology we don't want to fall into the wrong hands.

I pray he provides them. Switchblade drones are the latest technology, they are very cheap compared to Hellfire missiles, and 1000 of them with 50lb javelin warheads would have wiped out that 40km Russian column.

What a shame they weren't deployed far earlier...indicative of another blunder on Biden's part.
LOL! You're describing 10 lbs in a 5 lbs. bag. The larger Switchblade model only weighs 50 lbs. so it cannot deliver a 50 lbs. payload.
How much fuel capacity/thrust is available to push any anti-armor capable warhead to 15,000 ft altitude at 100+ mph, if the presumably
light as possible Javelin warhead requires a 50 lbs. "package"?

How difficult is it to "backpack" a 50 lbs. "600" model vs the 5-1/2 lbs. "300"?

How effective a "tank killer" is the much lighter "600" warhead than the Javelin warhead?

How many "300" models were lost to the Taliban? IOW, is it best practice to be proliferating this 5-1/2 lbs., anti-vehicle, "tinkertoy"?
News reports describe the cost of the small "300" Switchblade is $6,000

LOL! You're describing 10 lbs in a 5 lbs. bag. The larger Switchblade model only weighs 50 lbs. so it cannot deliver a 50 lbs. payload.
How much fuel capacity/thrust is available to push any anti-armor capable warhead to 15,000 ft altitude at 100+ mph, if the presumably
light as possible Javelin warhead requires a 50 lbs. "package"?

How difficult is it to "backpack" a 50 lbs. "600" model vs the 5-1/2 lbs. "300"?

How effective a "tank killer" is the much lighter "600" warhead than the Javelin warhead?

How many "300" models were lost to the Taliban? IOW, is it best practice to be proliferating this 5-1/2 lbs., anti-vehicle, "tinkertoy"?
News reports describe the cost of the small "300" Switchblade is $6,000

Your correct, I misread the 50lbs as the warhead, rather than the enitire vehicle with warhead. BUT as for how much lighter the 600 warhead is that the Javelin warhead? According to specs IT IS the Javelin multi-purpose warhead. And that alone settles all questions of effectiveness.

And like the Javelin it is cheaper than a Hellfire, and is state of the art in its features. With a range of over 40KM, 40 min. loitering, and the ability to discriminate between vehicle types, this is a real game changer. See this video and cease channeling Putin:

AND:

"new main warhead, now called the Multi Purpose Warhead (MPWH). The main warhead designed to give improved effect against soft targets, while maintaining lethality against tanks. This is probably accomplished through the addition of a fragmentation ring or sleeve to the warhead. Missiles with the new warhead are known as FGM-148F."

Just awesome.

Last edited:

(y)
That would be some of the newest of the new tech.

My concern is that they will also send “advisors” in to help train the Ukraine army in its use and that would be a mistake without more nations joining in .

My concern is that they will also send “advisors” in to help train the Ukraine army in its use and that would be a mistake without more nations joining in .
I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the US volunteers that are already in Ukraine are also secretly advisors.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the US volunteers that are already in Ukraine are also secretly advisors.
That would horrible if it’s found out and would really ramp things up a few notches

That would horrible if it’s found out and would really ramp things up a few notches
I assume that if any such exist, they have plans for that.

Here it is in case anyone tries to say it didn’t happen.

many nations are ready to fight Muscovite barbarism

Never said there weren’t, but not sure exactly what a bunch of useless tweets proves.

(y)
While Biden mulls Putin bombs.

Trump withheld critical military assistance to Ukraine because he wanted Zelensky to fabricate a fake investigation into his political opponent first.

By contrast, Biden is sending everything to Ukraine that can’t be easily targeted by Russian missiles and doesn’t risk an attack inside NATO borders, and he’s not demanding personal favors first.

Back
Top Bottom