• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Releases 50 Million Barrels of Oil Pretending Fight the Biden Inflation

I will ask you the same question I have asked a lot of people and still can't get an answer
Just what Pipeline did Biden shut down that would have caused oil prices to go up so fast?
People on the right cried that he shut down the Keystone XL pipeline and that caused it . well I have to ask HOW?
seeing the Keystone XL pipeline is / was only between 8 and 10% complete and wouldn't be finished for several more years yet and has NOT transported one drop of oil .
So how could that have driven up oil prices so fast?
and another question is How come we didn't hear a word out of the people on the right when the Keystone LINE 3 was actually shut down under Trump in 2017?
it was rebuilt and put back on line and actually transporting oil last March and transports almost as much oil as the XL would WHEN it WOULD have been finished
and as for Biden stopping the leasing of Federal land to oil companies Trump just leased them something like 16 MILLION acres right before he left office and all leases run for 10 years and IF they actually drill on those lands and are producing oil from those lands the leases are almost renewed automatically
and there isn't anything saying he can't open them up for lease any time he wants
and with Millions and Millions of acres of Federal lands already leased to the oil companies how does stopping new leasing drive up oil prices so fast
So just what is your point / question
Have a nice afternoon

I will ask you the same question I have asked a lot of people and still can't get an answer
Just what Pipeline did Biden shut down that would have caused oil prices to go up so fast?
People on the right cried that he shut down the Keystone XL pipeline and that caused it . well I have to ask HOW?
seeing the Keystone XL pipeline is / was only between 8 and 10% complete and wouldn't be finished for several more years yet and has NOT transported one drop of oil .
and another question is How come we didn't hear a word out of the people on the right when the Keystone LINE 3 was actually shut down under Trump in 2017?
it was rebuilt and put back on line and actually transporting oil last March and transports almost as much oil as the XL would WHEN it WOULD have been finished
and as for Biden stopping the leasing of Federal land to oil companies Trump just leased them something like 16 MILLION acres right before he left office and all leases run for 10 years and IF they actually drill on those lands and are producing oil from those lands the leases are almost renewed automatically
and there isn't anything saying he can't open them up for lease any time he wants
and with Millions and Millions of acres of Federal lands already leased to the oil companies how does stopping new leasing drive up oil prices so fast
Have a nice afternoon
For some horrible reason the GOP seem to have lost much of their ability to promote themselves via a serious conservative policy manifesto. The vast majority of their promotional work today seems to be focussed on convincing their followers that the Dems are evil and trying to ruin their lives etc etc.

Imo they are taking a self destructive approach and could hand more long term power to the Dems if not very careful, While some people are incurably stupid, a lot more will eventually tire of being continuously lied to or misled. The most classic example of this imo is that the GOP/Trump never even presented a covid adjusted economic plan for the 2020 election. Just focussed on trying to undermine the Biden plan. Who goes into a major election without an up to date economic plan????

For some horrible reason the GOP seem to have lost much of their ability to promote themselves via a serious conservative policy manifesto. The vast majority of their promotional work today seems to be focussed on convincing their followers that the Dems are evil and trying to ruin their lives etc etc.

Imo they are taking a self destructive approach and could hand more long term power to the Dems if not very careful, While some people are incurably stupid, a lot more will eventually tire of being continuously lied to or misled. The most classic example of this imo is that the GOP/Trump never even presented a covid adjusted economic plan for the 2020 election. Just focussed on trying to undermine the Biden plan. Who goes into a major election without an up to date economic plan????
Well that's the thing when Biden shut down the Keystone XL pipeline the people on the right started crying that Biden shut down an oil pipeline from Canada and it is going to drive up oil prices
they didn't even bother to get the real info on the XL pipeline and find out it was only 8 to 10 % complete and wouldn't be for several years yet they were just trying to start some BS and try to make Biden look bad
they just kept their lie going and they cried about Biden stopping giving out new leases for Federal lands
OH my God the oil companies aren't going to have any land to drill on . just the several hundred million acres of Federal land they already have under lease including the 16 Million Trump leased in Jan 2020 and these leases run 10 years if they aren't used and if they are and they are producing oil they are almost always extended almost automatically
That is why I keep asking them just what did Biden do to drive up oil prices and did him shutting down the XL pipeline and stopping the leasing of Federal lands cause the price of oil to go up so fast and if you think so just how

have a nice day

Just what we need.Biden releasing more gas.Pooey.
Just to be clear. You want him impeached for increasing global warming do to 50 million barrels of oil being released? That's about 1.8 days worth of gasoline and heating oil that America uses. WOW! That's going to really cause more global warming. LOL! I think he should be impeached for destroying America and the fact he has dementia. I think he should be impeached for being a far left loony liberal.

LMAO... Only a fool thinks Trump did anything for the good of the nation that didn't benefit him personally...
I supposed you are correct that all the good Trump did for all Americans also was good for him too. He is an American. Although, he didn't increase wages, wealth and employment for whites like he did for blacks, Hispanics and women of all color. Low energy costs helped everyone and I guess Trump as well. Inflation stayed low as well as interest rates for all Americans as well I guess as for Trump. Hillary had us on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea which would have been bad for all Americans including Trump. So, I guess Trump saved us from nuclear war which helped himself as well. Unlike Biden, Obama or Hillary, Trump didn't need to become President. He saw problems and believed he could solve them. He did. There are things he could have done that he didn't do that I would have liked seen done as well.

Stated another way, the US was producing about 13.1 Million Barrels of oil in February 2020. November 2021? That's down to 11.4 Million Barrels of oil of US production per day.

We are producing almost 2 Million Barrels of oil less per day than in 2020. The shortfall of our production will eat away Biden's oil leaked from the SPR over the course of about a month's time.

Biden CREATES THE SHORTAGE PROBLEM and then, USING THE RESERVES that were FILLED UP BY TRUMP, he is now trying to claim credit for SOLVING THE PROBLEM HE CREATED.

First - I see the oil release as silly...just for show.

But your points comparing Trump and Biden on this are erroneous.

According to your own link?
Oil production is higher now than it was when Trump left office.
And the huge drop in your chart was under Trump in 2020.

And comparing oil production now to before Covid is 'apples and oranges' BIG TIME.
Oil consumption dropped of a cliff when Covid hit.
Obviously - if you need less oil.
You produce less oil.

Biden keeps touting his handling of the countries business as his approval ratings plunge. He tells the people everything is ok and it's not his fault. So his policy decisions that reduced oil, natural gas and coal production somehow didn't effect prices? That would be a first. He says his decision haven't any effect on inflation. The division in the country over vaccine mandates aren't his fault he claims. He's done nothing to stop Chinese military buildup, or Russian aggression on the Ukraine border. He's done nothing to stop the rising crime in democrat run cities, except accuse a 17 year old boy of being a white supremacist.

Biden is the perfect example of a puppet with no integrity, honesty, standards or beliefs.

If his handlers tell him it's good for his next election, he does it. He doesn't know and he doesn't care.

"He who knows not and knows not he knows he knows not..."

So what is your point or question?
Do you have something to say?
Have a nice day

Point is that tighter supply increases greater demand among those who want/need the commodity.

If more dollars are chasing any supply of anything, the price will increase. If more supply is seeking fewer dollars the price will decline.

Selling ice in Georgia in August is pretty easy. Selling ice in Minnesota in February? Not the same dynamic.

That's all.

Have a nice afternoon

Why are you asking that question?

The article talks about the Biden policy changes that address energy supplies.

First - I see the oil release as silly...just for show.

But your points comparing Trump and Biden on this are erroneous.

According to your own link?
Oil production is higher now than it was when Trump left office.
And the huge drop in your chart was under Trump in 2020.

And comparing oil production now to before Covid is 'apples and oranges' BIG TIME.
Oil consumption dropped of a cliff when Covid hit.
Obviously - if you need less oil.
You produce less oil.

Also obviously, if the prices increase, the supply is less than whatever level is required to make the prices drop.

Point is that tighter supply increases greater demand among those who want/need the commodity.

If more dollars are chasing any supply of anything, the price will increase. If more supply is seeking fewer dollars the price will decline.

Selling ice in Georgia in August is pretty easy. Selling ice in Minnesota in February? Not the same dynamic.

That's all.
Yes it is just supply and demand
and I see neither you nor Grasshopper or any other right winger can answer my questions
One of my points is the right wing didn't outright lie when they said Biden shut down the XL pipeline he did
it was they never told people out here that it was only 8 to 10% complete and was not delivering any oil and wouldn't be for years
So the low IQ people on the right think that the XL was delivering oil and Biden stopped them from delivering that oil
and that didn't happen the right is being dishonest and is deceiving the people of the US just to make Biden look as bad as Trump was.
and the same goes for Biden stopping the giving out of new leases for Federal lands the way they tried to make it sound was he stopped all drilling on Federal lands and we weren't going to be getting any oil from those lands , when he didn't . he just stopped new leases
Oil Companies just bought up millions of acres of new leases in Jan( 16 million I believe I read ) before Trump left office and those leases run for 10 years IF they don't drill on that land at all and if they do and are producing oil most times their leases are almost automatically renewed for another 10 years.
so as I have been saying and nobody on the right will admit when Biden shut down the XL pipe line and stopped giving out new leases it should not have had any effect on oil prices not one bit.
The stupid people on the right believed it did because the people who first said that these things were bad and would drive up gas prices didn't tell the people on the right the truth and the whole story
Have a nice day

I wrote the last post before your post
why do I ask that question well because like I said Biden shutting down that pipeline and the new leases should NOT have had any effect on oil prices
All the people on the right told their low IQ followers is that he shut down the XL pipeline they never bother to tell those people that it was only 8 to 10 % finished and wouldn't be done for several years leading them to believe that he was cutting our oil supply
They deceived their followers just to make Biden look as bad as Trump was'
Have a nice day

I’m so old I remember when Conservatives were whining that Biden wouldn’t release oil from the strategic reserve to fix ‘skyrocketing’ gas prices.

and one more thing as I asked and you haven't answered yet just what did Biden do that made the supply go down so fast and prices go up so fast
again shutting down a pipeline that wouldn't be finished for several years should not have effected oil supplies or price
and stopping giving out leases on Federal lands shouldn't have either' there are millions and millions of acres of Federal land that are leased out to the oil companies that they haven't drilled on yet
Trump gave out new leases on something like 16 Million acres of federal lands just before he left office
Biden did NOT stop the drilling of new wells on the Federal lands that have already been leased out
as I pointed out oil companies already have millions and millions of acres of Federal lands under lease that they can drill on and all other lands they want to lease from private citizens
So again I will ask you just how did what Biden did cause supplies to go down so fast and prices go up so fast
Have a nice day

Biden's jobs numbers are through the roof! Thanks Brandon!

Biden’s plan first garnered support from other OECD countries, such as Japan, South Korea, and the United Kingdom, before it was rumored that China and India would also release oil from their reserves. To really push a market down, however, a clear and potentially price-threatening oversupply would have to be on the horizon. At present, there is no such threat, with OPEC reporting a potential but small oversupply in 2022. The total commitment of all SPR releases under Biden’s plan was expected to be around 100 million barrels, which is roughly one day of global production. Realistically, that release would take place over several weeks, making for an additional daily volume of 4-5 million bpd. Given how unimpressed markets were with Biden’s initial release, it is starting to look like this strategy will end up being bullish for oil markets in the long term. Biden’s plan appears to have taken market fundamentals into account but failed to understand the real impact and production capabilities of OPEC+ at present. While Saudi Arabia and the UAE hold some spare production capacity, other OPEC producers and non-OPEC members are struggling to even produce their agreed-upon volumes. It remains unclear what OPEC’s reaction to Washington’s strategy will be, but rumors have already begun to circulate. It is possible that Saudi Arabian, UAE, and Russian oil strategists will decide not to increase production volumes or they may simply stick to the plan for the coming months. The impact of the SPR release already appears to be waning, with oil prices already trending upwards again. At the same time, despite new covid cases across Europe, the overall demand for crude oil is still expected to increase. The ongoing energy crunch in Europe and China will only add to the demand for crude oil. Russia’s unwillingness or lack of capacity to deliver gas to Europe and possibly China will do the rest. Winter is coming, temperatures are going down, even earlier than expected, so another gas storage volume hit is already underway.
(that is actually 1 paragraph @ source)

Yes it is just supply and demand
and I see neither you nor Grasshopper or any other right winger can answer my questions
One of my points is the right wing didn't outright lie when they said Biden shut down the XL pipeline he did
it was they never told people out here that it was only 8 to 10% complete and was not delivering any oil and wouldn't be for years
So the low IQ people on the right think that the XL was delivering oil and Biden stopped them from delivering that oil
and that didn't happen the right is being dishonest and is deceiving the people of the US just to make Biden look as bad as Trump was.
and the same goes for Biden stopping the giving out of new leases for Federal lands the way they tried to make it sound was he stopped all drilling on Federal lands and we weren't going to be getting any oil from those lands , when he didn't . he just stopped new leases
Oil Companies just bought up millions of acres of new leases in Jan( 16 million I believe I read ) before Trump left office and those leases run for 10 years IF they don't drill on that land at all and if they do and are producing oil most times their leases are almost automatically renewed for another 10 years.
so as I have been saying and nobody on the right will admit when Biden shut down the XL pipe line and stopped giving out new leases it should not have had any effect on oil prices not one bit.
The stupid people on the right believed it did because the people who first said that these things were bad and would drive up gas prices didn't tell the people on the right the truth and the whole story
Have a nice day

Not sure what your thesis might be.

Are you saying that there is more oil now than there was 2 years ago?

If not, then increasing the supplies of oil seems like the best way to lower the prices.

Regardless of what anyone says the cause might have been, the effect must be addressed by actions in the real world. What is the best way to address the effect of the ongoing reduced supplies of oil?

I wrote the last post before your post
why do I ask that question well because like I said Biden shutting down that pipeline and the new leases should NOT have had any effect on oil prices
All the people on the right told their low IQ followers is that he shut down the XL pipeline they never bother to tell those people that it was only 8 to 10 % finished and wouldn't be done for several years leading them to believe that he was cutting our oil supply
They deceived their followers just to make Biden look as bad as Trump was'
Have a nice day

The Democrats have stated their goal to be the rise of petroleum prices in order to make the implementation of alternative energy sources more attractive.

Biden's policies seem to be more of the many idiocies that promote this goal.

Biden's policies certainly don't seem to be aimed at reducing the price of petroleum.

Do you disagree?

Is this all you have? Deflection and whatabout?

You and your stupid failure at discussion are dismissed.
I see nothing wrong with the question.

I think it is fair to ask someone a question in a political chat forum to confirm that someone is holding a position not just because 'their party' instigated it?
But because they truly believe it - regardless of party affiliation.

And the fact that you responded to it as you did?
Tends to suggest that your position might be more 'loyalty' based than you care to admit.

and one more thing as I asked and you haven't answered yet just what did Biden do that made the supply go down so fast and prices go up so fast
again shutting down a pipeline that wouldn't be finished for several years should not have effected oil supplies or price
and stopping giving out leases on Federal lands shouldn't have either' there are millions and millions of acres of Federal land that are leased out to the oil companies that they haven't drilled on yet
Trump gave out new leases on something like 16 Million acres of federal lands just before he left office
Biden did NOT stop the drilling of new wells on the Federal lands that have already been leased out
as I pointed out oil companies already have millions and millions of acres of Federal lands under lease that they can drill on and all other lands they want to lease from private citizens
So again I will ask you just how did what Biden did cause supplies to go down so fast and prices go up so fast
Have a nice day

The act of releasing oil from the SPR is what I was discussing.

I didn't use the phrase "pipe line" in my OP. You seem to be obsessed with the phrase.

Biden is a Democrat. Democrats have a stated policy of making the price of petroleum increase along with petroleum products.

Are Biden's policies aimed at increasing the availability of petroleum and fossil fuels or at tightening them?

Back
Top Bottom