• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden rejects executive privilege for ex-Trump advisers Flynn, Navarro

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Sorry coup flirters, your elitist daddy D isn't able to protect you forever. It's called 'time to face some music like all the rest of RESPONSIBLE adults has to'.

In the letter to Navarro, Su reiterated that Biden believes an assertion of executive privilege is "not in the national interest" given the "unique and extraordinary nature of the matters under investigation."

In the letter to Flynn's attorney, David Warrington, Su noted that Flynn, who resigned in 2017 under pressure after less than a month on the job, left the White House long before the Capitol riot.

"To the extent any privileges could apply to General Flynn's conversations with the former President or White House staff after the conclusion of his tenure, President Biden has determined that an assertion of executive privilege is not in the national interest, and therefore is not justified, with respect to particular subjects within the purview of the Select Committee," Su wrote.

Continue reading

Seems like he's denying executive privilege pretty strongly.
Words have meaning in general, unless they are said by a politician.

Sorry coup flirters, your elitist daddy D isn't able to protect you forever. It's called 'time to face some music like all the rest of RESPONSIBLE adults has to'.

In the letter to Navarro, Su reiterated that Biden believes an assertion of executive privilege is "not in the national interest" given the "unique and extraordinary nature of the matters under investigation."

In the letter to Flynn's attorney, David Warrington, Su noted that Flynn, who resigned in 2017 under pressure after less than a month on the job, left the White House long before the Capitol riot.

"To the extent any privileges could apply to General Flynn's conversations with the former President or White House staff after the conclusion of his tenure, President Biden has determined that an assertion of executive privilege is not in the national interest, and therefore is not justified, with respect to particular subjects within the purview of the Select Committee," Su wrote.

Continue reading
If the dems do nothing before the midterm this whole investigation could be doomed. Where are the indictments?

If the Supreme Court has already denied ex-president DJT executive privilege with only one justice to support it, how could the court support it for Flynn and Navarro without looking completely bonkers?

Precisely.

If the dems do nothing before the midterm this whole investigation could be doomed. Where are the indictments?
The only way to look at this now is for the 1/6 Committee to wrap this thing up before Oct/Nov 2022 and make it's final referrals to the DOJ asap.

The only way to look at this now is for the 1/6 Committee to wrap this thing up before Oct/Nov 2022 and make it's final referrals to the DOJ asap.
A better way to look at it is to to show the R’s for the Russian loving traitors the have shown themselves to be & vote there asses out of office. Call me an optometrist, but I’m increasingly convinced that it can happen, if the D’s keep telling it like it is.

A better way to look at it is to to show the R’s for the Russian loving traitors the have shown themselves to be & vote there asses out of office. Call me an optometrist, but I’m increasingly convinced that it can happen, if the D’s keep telling it like it is.
I'd like that my friend, but I also entirely believe that our future election results can and will be reversed by Rs in state offices. :mad:

Can he do that?

I don't think so.

Of course he can.

He already did it with trump and documents at the National Archives.

Plus executive privilege applies to those in the executive branch of the government.

flynn wasn't a part of the executive government for years so it doesn't apply to him and he knows it.

As for navarro, see the results of trump using executive privilege didn't work for the documents in the National Archives.

The person who can claim that is the president. Joe Biden is president. He has denied executive privilege.

Back
Top Bottom