• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Promised Harris Lunch ‘Once a Week.’ They’ve Had Two This Year

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Why is Biden such an ineffective boss? Call her a$$ in on the carpet for a weekly mandatory meeting. Seems she doen't want to play Obama/Biden light.

As noted in the article, there is great upside relative to this snub.

----------------------

oe Biden takes lunch seriously. As vice president, his weekly lunch with Obama wasn’t just a meal. It was a meeting when things really got done, a moment set aside on the White House calendar for the two men to break bread and build out an agenda.

The weekly meal was so important to Biden that he carried over the tradition to his own presidency. "I made the same deal with her that Barack and I made," he said of his newly minted vice president just weeks after his inauguration. That meant drop-in privileges at the Oval Office and carte blanche over executive office meetings, Biden told People magazine, but also “lunch alone once a week.”

That's the deal when we're both in-country,” he explained, “which we'll be for a while because of COVID, and I see her all the time.”

And yet, according to a review of the president’s public schedule by RealClearPolitics, Biden and Harris have only sat down to lunch twice this year, a significant drop when compared to the 12 times they shared the meal together by this same point last year.

For Biden and Harris, lunch this year has followed major developments. The two shared a meal on February 8, when the search for a Supreme Court nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer was ongoing, and another lunch on March 30, shortly after Biden returned from Warsaw to rally the West after Russian invaded Ukraine.

Yet no Democrat has built a scaffold with a noose and demanded we hang Harris. So I'd say he's doing 10,000 times better than Trump.

Why is Biden such an ineffective boss? Call her a$$ in on the carpet for a weekly mandatory meeting. Seems she doen't want to play Obama/Biden light.

----------------------

oe Biden takes lunch seriously. As vice president, his weekly lunch with Obama wasn’t just a meal. It was a meeting when things really got done, a moment set aside on the White House calendar for the two men to break bread and build out an agenda.

The weekly meal was so important to Biden that he carried over the tradition to his own presidency. "I made the same deal with her that Barack and I made," he said of his newly minted vice president just weeks after his inauguration. That meant drop-in privileges at the Oval Office and carte blanche over executive office meetings, Biden told People magazine, but also “lunch alone once a week.”

That's the deal when we're both in-country,” he explained, “which we'll be for a while because of COVID, and I see her all the time.”

And yet, according to a review of the president’s public schedule by RealClearPolitics, Biden and Harris have only sat down to lunch twice this year, a significant drop when compared to the 12 times they shared the meal together by this same point last year.

For Biden and Harris, lunch this year has followed major developments. The two shared a meal on February 8, when the search for a Supreme Court nominee to replace retiring Justice Stephen Breyer was ongoing, and another lunch on March 30, shortly after Biden returned from Warsaw to rally the West after Russian invaded Ukraine.

He forgot.

Trump defends Jan. 6 rioters' 'hang Mike Pence' chant in new audio​

Hard to get together for lunch when Biden is out of Washington at other properties more often than any other modern president.

----------------------

The alt-right Trump Fan Nation is really scrambling for something to complain about. How pathetic.

Hard to get together for lunch when Biden is out of Washington at other properties more often than any other modern president.
Biden works out of his home in Delaware. On the other hand...

Well, there it is. He's too busy to meet with the VP, as promised. Problem solved. 👍

----------------------

That can't be a real schedule. Where's the "executive time"??

----------------------

Yeah, but did he pinky promise?

Find out and let me know after recess.

they don;t like each other... after all, Kamala herself called Joe a racist, remember?

Reactions: PoS

----------------------

You have to forgive Joe, he's pretty forgetful nowadays due to senility, so dont take it against the poor guy. Heck, he probably forgot to put on his underwear before heading off into the Oval Office for all we know.

Today, Russia cares about our VP's lunch. How touching.
"Russia???" What's that got to do with empty grocery shelves in China?

"Touched" however - might aptly describe this post.

Biden's handlers have intentionally excluded him from meeting with his VP. Why is anyone's guess - perhaps her cackle hurts his ears, I don't know. But his handlers not following through with his promise they'd meet is interesting.
But the story has nothing to do with Russia caring about anything, save perhaps their second meeting being about the war in Ukraine.

"Russia???" What's that got to do with empty grocery shelves in China?

"Touched" however - might aptly describe this post.

Biden's handlers have intentionally excluded him from meeting with his VP. Why is anyone's guess - perhaps her cackle hurts his ears, I don't know. But his handlers not following through with his promise they'd meet is interesting.
But the story has nothing to do with Russia caring about anything, save perhaps their second meeting being about the war in Ukraine.
What are Biden's handlers having for lunch?

----------------------

I demand a congressional investigation

Back
Top Bottom