• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden predicts Trump will leave office if he loses election

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

© Getty Images
Joe Biden predicted that President Trump will step down if he loses his reelection bid in November, dismissing concerns that the president may seek to hold on to power even if he’s voted out of office.
In an interview with MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle, the former vice president said that Trump’s efforts to sow doubt in the democratic process by raising concerns about voter fraud, particularly through mail balloting, amounted to a “typical Trump distraction.”

“I just think the people in the country are going to be heard on Nov. 3,” Biden said. “Every vote in this country is going to be heard and they will not be stopped. I'm confident that all of the irresponsible, outrageous attacks on voting, we’ll have an election in this country as we always have had, and he'll leave.” (more)
==============================================================
Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

© Getty Images
Joe Biden predicted that President Trump will step down if he loses his reelection bid in November, dismissing concerns that the president may seek to hold on to power even if he’s voted out of office.
In an interview with MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle, the former vice president said that Trump’s efforts to sow doubt in the democratic process by raising concerns about voter fraud, particularly through mail balloting, amounted to a “typical Trump distraction.”

“I just think the people in the country are going to be heard on Nov. 3,” Biden said. “Every vote in this country is going to be heard and they will not be stopped. I'm confident that all of the irresponsible, outrageous attacks on voting, we’ll have an election in this country as we always have had, and he'll leave.” (more)
Someone woke Biden up so he could read a statement?

Someone needs to tell him to go back to sleep. Nobody cares about him reading statements.

© Getty Images

I think he to say this in order to try to calm people and exercise his own responsibility. I agree with your comments though.

Mitch McConnell said Trump is leaving the White House in January after Trump loses the election.

When you have bi-partisan support for something, it's going to happen, Trump be damned.

Mitch McConnell said Trump is leaving the White House in January after Trump loses the election.

When you have bi-partisan support for something, it's going to happen, Trump be damned.
McConnell didn’t actually say that. He said this: “The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.”

The operative word is “winner.” They’ll conclude that Trump won, regardless.

Our President Trump isn't going to lose and will stay for another four years. joey will leave instead.

Someone needs to tell him to go back to sleep. Nobody cares about him reading statements.

We’ll see how things go on Tuesday. Trump is already trying to justify his failure at the debate by saying Joe is only going to do a good job because he is on drugs. That’s from his latest virus super spreader event.

Trump tanked in his town hall, by comparison Biden nailed it.

Trump can’t even field a softball from Hannity:
93498eae72dc614ca1708daf887235e9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you cared enough about it to construct the first post in reply

if he loses, the probability that he will piss, moan, contest the results in every way possible, and try to undermine the entire process at the expense of the republic approaches one. i suppose that Biden is trying to "rise above" or whatever, but Tweety is already doing it.

McConnell didn’t actually say that. He said this: “The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.”

The operative word is “winner.” They’ll conclude that Trump won, regardless.
I worry about that too

if he loses, the probability that he will piss, moan, contest the results in every way possible, and try to undermine the entire process at the expense of the republic approaches one. i suppose that Biden is trying to "rise above" or whatever, but Tweety is already doing it.
I am honestly very scared about Nov 3rd. It could be complete chaos. I think the best outcome will be for Biden to have a clear win the night of Nov 3rd, in several states Trump couldn't bother contesting.

© Getty Images

You know what? I think Biden's right on this one.

If trump loses--and he will IF it is a clean election--trump will throw the biggest tantrum of his life, but on January 21, 2021, he'll leave the White House. And the world will be better for it. 👍

© Getty Images

© Getty Images

Joe then asked "If Superman got into a fight with Ironman, what would happen?"

I am honestly very scared about Nov 3rd. It could be complete chaos. I think the best outcome will be for Biden to have a clear win the night of Nov 3rd, in several states Trump couldn't bother contesting.

my guess is that there will be trouble regardless. if it's close, there could be serious trouble. i might have to schedule some vacation time around the election, as i will not be commuting through social unrest. i have already had to draw the line about working late during previous demonstrations, and this could be even worse.

tRump will have to resign for pence to grant him an all violations known and unknown pardon

And you believe Biden won't contest the results in every way possible, too?

LOL!!

He's not rising above anything. He posturing.

You know what? I think Biden's right on this one.

If trump loses--and he will IF it is a clean election--trump will throw the biggest tantrum of his life, but on January 21, 2021, he'll leave the White House. And the world will be better for it. 👍
The way the Dems and Trump haters have set things up, there won't be a clean election.

Mailing ballots to god knows who, counting ballots for weeks, ballot harvesting, ballots will be lost and new ballots will be found.

They have it all planned out.

And you believe Biden won't contest the results in every way possible, too?

LOL!!

He's not rising above anything. He posturing.

Save the deflections. He isn't the one who is already casting doubt on the democratic process. Also, consider this to be my response to all of your subsequent protestations. It will save us both time. Have a great evening.

Save the deflections. He isn't the one who is already casting doubt on the democratic process. Also, consider this to be my response to all of your subsequent protestations. It will save us both time. Have a great evening.
You are the one who brought up Biden.

© Getty Images

Smart of Joe to take off the tin foil hat.

Will you care if he becomes president?

Back
Top Bottom