• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden orders sanctions on separatist regions of Ukraine after Putin decree, EU vows additional measures

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I wouldn't call the Separatist Regions the "abused", seeing as they are active co-belligerents with Russian efforts to strip Ukraine of its sovereignty.

BS, this is precisely what Biden meant by the US reacting to a “minor incursion” with less than full or extreme sanctions. He later tried to appear to walk that back, but is sticking to that original distinction.

Last edited:
This seems a little like penalizing the abused spouse instead of the abuser?

Seems like less than a wrist slap……what’s in the quiver?
Talk big and carry a little stick.

That's the puppet's way of doing things.

BS, this is precisely what Biden meant by the US reacting to a “minor incursion” with less than full or extreme sanctions. He later tried to appear to walk that back, but is sticking to that original distinction.

Uh, okay?

"A 1997 study by the Institute for International Economics found that since 1970, unilateral U.S. sanctions had achieved foreign policy goals only 13 percent of the time. (bold mine) The study also concluded that sanctions are costing the United States $15 billion to $19 billion annually in potential exports."

Talk big and carry a little stick.

That's the puppet's way of doing things.
YEP
it doesn't matter what Biden does he is damned if he does something and Damned if he doesn't can't make people on the right happy no matter what he does.
Now if he was Trump or a Republican they would be cheering no matter what he did
Have a nice day

YEP
it doesn't matter what Biden does he is damned if he does something and Damned if he doesn't can't make people on the right happy no matter what he does.
Now if he was Trump or a Republican they would be cheering no matter what he did
Have a nice day
Maybe he should do what his big mouth SAID he was going to do.

This is akin to "I know you are, but what am I?"

Liberal invertebrates need to sit these situations out.

Emboldens China to move on Taiwan next.

here we go.

now i get to see which people change their tune from the previous threads.

Maybe he should do what his big mouth SAID he was going to do.
It wouldn't matter to you people on the right HE isn't a Republican so what ever he does isn't going to make you happy any ways
as I said he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't
have a nice day

I wouldn't call the Separatist Regions the "abused", seeing as they are active co-belligerents with Russian efforts to strip Ukraine of its sovereignty.

People in this thread with BDS (definitely not you) should read this line from the article:

“To be clear: these measures are separate from and would be in addition to the swift and severe economic measures we have been preparing in coordination with allies and partners should Russia further invade Ukraine,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki wrote in a statement announcing the executive order.

You’re confusing the President with his predecessor.
No, I'm not.

Trump was more of a "Be nice to you, but slap you upside the head economically if you try to screw us." President.

Just ask Canada about that.

People in this thread with BDS (definitely not you) should read this line from the article:
The operative word in that quote from Psaki is "further". That sounds like Obama's famous "red line".

Since Slo-Joe is an Obama puppet, we can expect much the same as how Obama handled that red line.

No, I'm not.

Trump was more of a "Be nice to you, but slap you upside the head economically if you try to screw us." President.

Just ask Canada about that.

There is no evidence of that.

Indeed, Trump cancelled sanctions against Russian oligarchs, and Barr and McConnell made sure he got away with it.

He imposed no sanctions of any kind on anyone else.

And his record of groveling before Putin……..

Back
Top Bottom