• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden nominates Arizonians McCain and Flake to Ambassadorships

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Good thinking Pres Biden!!

"When 2024 rolls around, the suburban women and independents will definitely hear about Biden's bipartisanship here. Are there two Republicans who had more to do with Biden's very slim victory in Arizona than these two?” Nobel asked. “Neither Flake and McCain are popular among the GOP base, but they still retain high positives with moderates and independents. And as we know, those voters are key to winning this state.“

Good thinking Pres Biden!!

"When 2024 rolls around, the suburban women and independents will definitely hear about Biden's bipartisanship here. Are there two Republicans who had more to do with Biden's very slim victory in Arizona than these two?” Nobel asked. “Neither Flake and McCain are popular among the GOP base, but they still retain high positives with moderates and independents. And as we know, those voters are key to winning this state.“
Who Biden picks as Ambassadors does absolutely dick for him in 2024 with voters.

There are more important things that they are concerned about, who can get those things done and how that someone will do it. THAT is how they will decide who to vote for in 2024.

Who Biden picks as Ambassadors does absolutely dick for him in 2024 with voters.

There are more important things that they are concerned about, who can get those things done and how that someone will do it. THAT is how they will decide who to vote for in 2024.
And of course they will be concerned that the election is "rigged"

Geez, it would be so nice if AZ went blue again next local election. I'd love a Dem Gov. It very well might because Ducey isn't doing well right now, and he's really pissing off everyone but a small amount of Trumpers. We know from the presidential race, that it's not enough to win. I feel for the next Republican Governor candidate. He better be a lot different than Duchey or a Dems going to take that seat.

McCain sort of has a not so favorable memory for a lot of people here in AZ. He wasn't very good on MLK day, and he treats women sheety among other things. So, who knows if that was a good move or not. All he had going for him is knowing how to flip of Trump.

And the spinning wheel goes round and round. Ambassadorships for everyone!

Yep - getting things done and which party blocks important legislation from getting important issues that matters passed. There's approximately 860,000 registered voters who didn't vote in 2020. I'm guessing that a majority of that number are Republican voters. That's a nice chunk of voters to sway in 2024.

Yep - getting things done and which party blocks important legislation from getting important issues that matters passed. There's approximately 860,000 registered voters who didn't vote in 2020. I'm guessing that a majority of that number are Republican voters. That's a nice chunk of voters to sway in 2024.
The GOP is going too far Right to grab enough votes for 2024.
It just won't happen. Not enough people are that crazy.

Moderates are what you need. TPB's are ruining any chance of a future win right now. Too fanatical. Too radical. Too angry. Too dangerous.

You have 20% of the Republican party teetering on the edge, getting ready to jump ship because of it. What you should have done was learn a lesson from 2020, instead of making up lies about your loss.

A great move for turning AZ strongly purple in 2022 and blue in 2024.

What can I do to be send to Rome for a spell? Turks have good food, rivaling Italian good.

The GOP is going too far Right to grab enough votes for 2024.
It just won't happen. Not enough people are that crazy.
Last year, more registered voters voted for Biden over (S/I/T) Trump and 860,000 registered voters didn't vote at all. I suspect that (S/I/T) Trump will run again in 2024. Since he summoned the 1/6 insurrection on our Capitol, I highly doubt that (S/I/T) Trump will pick up more GOP voters in 2024 than he did in 2020.

Moderates are what you need. TPB's are ruining any chance of a future win right now. Too fanatical. Too radical. Too angry. Too dangerous.
I don't have the numbers for Moderates in Az. I also don't know what TPBs are. Yes, Moderates would be a bigger plus for Biden or possibly any other Dem candidate.

You have 20% of the Republican party teetering on the edge, getting ready to jump ship because of it. What you should have done was learn a lesson from 2020, instead of making up lies about your loss.
I don't know what loss you speak of???? :unsure: The Trump Party appears shaky in Az as they proved to be in 2020. I don't think that the GOP in Az are going to jump on the (S/I/T) Trump train - but if it's some other Republican who runs in 2024 - it's difficult to say how many registered Republicans will buy anything from that Republican candidate either. The (S/I/T) GTOP is showing themselves in spades all because of (S/I/T) Trump 2.0

Trump will lose by ten million votes if he runs again.

Biden could never approach the level of inept ambassadors than his predecessor

You must not know much about Cindy McCain.

The woman who cavorted with John McStain while McStain's first wife was recovering from a horrific car accident.

The guy was a real classless act.

The GOP in the senate will shut down any Biden nominees, just like they are currently doing with all judges and and diplomats. According to them, Biden gets no nominees through the process. Not gonna happen.

You must not know much about Cindy McCain.

The woman who cavorted with John McStain while McStain's first wife was recovering from a horrific car accident.

The guy was a real classless act.

I would say the man proved all he need to prove in the Hanoi Hilton.

The only "classless" thing I see in your post is trying to tarnish the name of a man who spent the better part of his life in service to his country.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Take the curlers out of your hair, you gossipy hen.

I would say the man proved all he need to prove in the Hanoi Hilton.

The only "classless" thing I see in your post is trying to tarnish the name of a man who spent the better part of his life in service to his country.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Take the curlers out of your hair, you gossipy hen.

For better or for worse, I know people who worked with and around him in Arizona politics.

When anyone uses the phrase "politics of personal destruction", his name comes to mind.

I get that he served his country as a pilot. As a politician, it was all about him.

Not ashamed of myself at all.

You should know I don't really go all in for knee-jerk statements.

Many on the right refer to him as John McStain. Can't help that.

They also don't like Jeff Flake. I give him a little more of a pass.

For better or for worse, I know people who worked with and around him in Arizona politics.

When anyone uses the phrase "politics of personal destruction", his name comes to mind.

I get that he served his country as a pilot. As a politician, it was all about him.

Not ashamed of myself at all.

You should know I don't really go all in for knee-jerk statements.

Many on the right refer to him as John McStain. Can't help that.

They also don't like Jeff Flake. I give him a little more of a pass.

Where do you get this stuff? If anything, John McCain was a victim of "politics of personal destruction" (witness the infamous 2000 South Carolina primary), not a perpetrator. I can't recall a single instance where he engaged in anything of the kind. But I can recall plenty of times when he rebuked people who did.

As for McCain's first marriage, they were married for less than 2 years when he went to Vietnam. He didn't come home until 6 years later... and when he did, they were both different people. It happens. But it's nobody's business but their's and their families. Nobody else has a right to judge.

I don't mind disagreeing with the man's politics. I've done it plenty of times myself. But when the conversation turns to judgmental gossip, that's when I get irked.

Where do you get this stuff? If anything, John McCain was a victim of "politics of personal destruction" (witness the infamous 2000 South Carolina primary), not a perpetrator. I can't recall a single instance where he engaged in anything of the kind. But I can recall plenty of times when he rebuked people who did.

As for McCain's first marriage, they were married for less than 2 years when he went to Vietnam. He didn't come home until 6 years later... and when he did, they were both different people. It happens. But it's nobody's business but their's and their families. Nobody else has a right to judge.

I don't mind disagreeing with the man's politics. I've done it plenty of times myself. But when the conversation turns to judgmental gossip, that's when I get irked.

I know people who worked with him. That is where I get it.

Many of them left positions to get away from him. In some instances they found that he was calling potential employers telling them not to hire people.

He had a bad temper and was seen by several verbally abusing his wife (called her a c**t once in front of people).

That isn't gossip. That is first hand accounts.

Arizona has very little of a good conservative bench and much of it is due to him.

That, again, according to many who worked with and around him.

His first wife was a model. While he was a way, she was in a terrible car accident. When he got back, he dumped her.

The Reagans took her in and it was very clear that Nancy Reagan didn't have much regard for John.

While he was STILL married he was courting Cindy.

Those are facts.

According to the Washington Post, John and Cindy obtained a marriage license in Arizona in early March 1980, four weeks before his divorce from Carol was final. They married six weeks later, on May 17.
In one of her few public comments about the marriage, Carol tells the filmmakers that her then-husband’s introduction to Cindy “was about the time our marriage was falling apart.”
“He was looking for a way to be young again, and that was the end of that,” she also says. “I didn’t know anything about it, I had no idea what was going on, I was pretty much blindsided and it broke my heart.”

Speaking of his first wife:

Her ex-husband (John McCain) would later state that he felt the demise of his marriage was due to his "selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine."[31] Regarding her divorce, McCain said, "The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don't know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else."[31] John McCain's biographer Robert Timberg wrote, however, "Vietnam did play a part, perhaps not the major part, but more than a walk-on."[36] Ross Perot gave his own assessment of the McCain divorce: "After he came home, he walked with a limp, she [Carol McCain] walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona [Cindy McCain] and the rest is history."[23] McCain's three children were initially upset with their father about the divorce, but later reconciled with him.[21]

Soooooo...................

This isn't judgmental gossip.

This is the way it happened...by their own words.

You can see Ross Perot didn't have a lot of good to say about him.

I know people who worked with him. That is where I get it.

Many of them left positions to get away from him. In some instances they found that he was calling potential employers telling them not to hire people.

He had a bad temper and was seen by several verbally abusing his wife (called her a c**t once in front of people).

That isn't gossip. That is first hand accounts.

Arizona has very little of a good conservative bench and much of it is due to him.

That, again, according to many who worked with and around him.

His first wife was a model. While he was a way, she was in a terrible car accident. When he got back, he dumped her.

The Reagans took her in and it was very clear that Nancy Reagan didn't have much regard for John.

While he was STILL married he was courting Cindy.

Those are facts.

According to the Washington Post, John and Cindy obtained a marriage license in Arizona in early March 1980, four weeks before his divorce from Carol was final. They married six weeks later, on May 17.
In one of her few public comments about the marriage, Carol tells the filmmakers that her then-husband’s introduction to Cindy “was about the time our marriage was falling apart.”
“He was looking for a way to be young again, and that was the end of that,” she also says. “I didn’t know anything about it, I had no idea what was going on, I was pretty much blindsided and it broke my heart.”

Speaking of his first wife:

Her ex-husband (John McCain) would later state that he felt the demise of his marriage was due to his "selfishness and immaturity more than it was to Vietnam, and I cannot escape blame by pointing a finger at the war. The blame was entirely mine."[31] Regarding her divorce, McCain said, "The breakup of our marriage was not caused by my accident or Vietnam or any of those things. I don't know that it might not have happened if John had never been gone. I attribute it more to John turning 40 and wanting to be 25 again than I do to anything else."[31] John McCain's biographer Robert Timberg wrote, however, "Vietnam did play a part, perhaps not the major part, but more than a walk-on."[36] Ross Perot gave his own assessment of the McCain divorce: "After he came home, he walked with a limp, she [Carol McCain] walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona [Cindy McCain] and the rest is history."[23] McCain's three children were initially upset with their father about the divorce, but later reconciled with him.[21]

Soooooo...................

This isn't judgmental gossip.

This is the way it happened...by their own words.

You can see Ross Perot didn't have a lot of good to say about him.

Yeah, save it for the hair salon, Hiker.

gossip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom