• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: No new taxes on anyone making less than $400,000.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"Joe Biden tells @ABC if he’s elected president, there will be “no new taxes” for anyone making less than $400,000.

VERY SMART MOVE."

Uh oh. Another RNC talking point just got pancaked.

The republican elite hate Biden's tax.plan.

Just stole about 7 speeches from the Trump mafia Gang.

*Shrug*

They'll say he's going to raise everybody's taxes anyway. Last I checked, they haven't been especially lie-adverse.

*Shrug*

They'll say he's going to raise everybody's taxes anyway. Last I checked, they haven't been especially lie-adverse.

yeah, the lies will be MASSIVE and it doesn't matter what reality is.

the Republican Party is going to go much, much lower.

*Shrug*

Considering every Democrat in the past half a century has raised taxes, that pledge seems dodgy at best. I don't think electing lyin' hidin' Biden is the best way to find out.

Considering every Democrat in the past half a century has raised taxes, that pledge seems dodgy at best. I don't think electing lyin' hidin' Biden is the best way to find out.

Considering Republican tax policies had us borrowing over a trillion a year in "the best economy ever" and the GOP will be handing Biden a 4 trillion deficit for his first, people who vote Republican have no standing to open their mouths.

Is this just income tax or ANY tax including capital gains, wealth, etc.?

Considering Republican tax policies had us borrowing over a trillion a year in "the best economy ever" and the GOP will be handing Biden a 4 trillion deficit for his first, people who vote Republican have no standing to open their mouths.

Sure we do .. just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I agree with everything that's implemented.

When was the last time a Democrat raised taxes on the middle class? They want to increase benefits for the poor and middle class and reduce our deficit by taxing the very rich more. Most Americans agree that the wealthy can afford higher taxes. We are a consumer economy and we can't afford to subsidize the 1%'s nest eggs.

Most Americans Support Increasing Taxes on the Wealthy: Poll | Fortune

Last edited:

I think the idea is to bleed the top a bit.

I had a weird Epiphany recently. I've always had a casual realitionship with "work" and "career". But I'm quick and friendly and honest and work hard when I do, so I've always been OK.

But I was shocked to see that my modest lifestyle has been funded by an income much higher than median, that for a few years now I've been making well over household median all by myself.

I know that I live in California and housing is unnaturally expensive, but I honestly don't know how half the country lives their lives on less than $56k a year for a household or $23k for an individual. $23k before taxes won't pay rent without roommates in California. How the hell do people raise kids?

*Shrug*

How would that be a lie? He's not in office so who knows what he would do if he were. The word you're looking for I believe is opinion.

"Joe Biden tells @ABC if he’s elected president, there will be “no new taxes” for anyone making less than $400,000.

VERY SMART MOVE."

Uh oh. Another RNC talking point just got pancaked.

They will just go the jealousy angle.

*Shrug*

You guys are so damn gullible and will believe anything. He said "no new taxes" he did not say no tax increases. He has already said that if you vote for me I will raise your taxes. Was he lying then or is he lying now?

How would that be a lie? He's not in office so who knows what he would do if he were. The word you're looking for I believe is opinion.

I believe Biden. His politifact scorecard is pretty good for a politician who's been in office for forty years and there's no political upside to raising taxes on poorer Americans.

What Republicans will lie about is that it's Biden's position that he'll raise taxes on Americans making less than $400k, just like they lied about Ukraine bribery and that he supports defunding the police.

Republicans are so comfortable with lying they just assume everybody's that way.

You guys are so damn gullible and will believe anything. He said "no new taxes" he did not say no tax increases. He has already said that if you vote for me I will raise your taxes. Was he lying then or is he lying now?

Who did he say that to?

Politicians often over promise and under delivery, this seems like Biden having a Read My Lips moment.

Sure we do .. just because I'm a Republican doesn't mean I agree with everything that's implemented.

You vote for someone, you supported the good and the bad. You can't claim credit for just what you think is good.

You support borrowing against my children's future so you can pay a little less in taxes. You have nothing to say to me about tax policy.

You vote for someone, you supported the good and the bad. You can't claim credit for just what you think is good.

Is that so? So if an individual voted for Bill de Blasio, does that mean they support early release of prisoners and no bail requirements which lets criminals back out on the street where they are habitual offenders? Or voting for the Portland or Seattle mayors, does that mean they support all of the rioting, looting, destruction of property and death/violence? Or how about Governor Cuomos decision to use nursing homes for COVID patients? You're never going to find / vote for a politician where you're in 100% agreement with every decision they make. It's not that difficult.

You support borrowing against my children's future so you can pay a little less in taxes. You have nothing to say to me about tax policy.

If one disagrees with your position on various policies, your response is to shutdown and not discuss these topics? Brilliant! Besides, I support saving for a children's future so the parent/guardian doesn't have to borrow.

You support borrowing against my children's future for a multitude of things I don't agree with, you have nothing to say to me about tax policy.

Its incredibly easy to be glib and spout platitudes instead of examining issues in depth.

I think the idea is to bleed the top a bit.

I had a weird Epiphany recently. I've always had a casual realitionship with "work" and "career". But I'm quick and friendly and honest and work hard when I do, so I've always been OK.

But I was shocked to see that my modest lifestyle has been funded by an income much higher than median, that for a few years now I've been making well over household median all by myself.

I know that I live in California and housing is unnaturally expensive, but I honestly don't know how half the country lives their lives on less than $56k a year for a household or $23k for an individual. $23k before taxes won't pay rent without roommates in California. How the hell do people raise kids?

I think the right way is to bleed corporations and if they use international tax shelters to bleed them until it hurts.

Hiding wealth shouldn't be a thing---if you want to be take advantage of Western Capitalism you take the good with the bad and that means not trying to move money outside it. Just make it illegal already.

Back
Top Bottom