• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden no comment on supreme court leak

It's a draft. Biden properly withheld comment until it's official
That's simply false. He had plenty to say about the contents of the draft, but not a single word about it being leaked and the ramifications that has on the Court.

That's simply false. He had plenty to say about the contents of the draft, but not a single word about it being leaked and the ramifications that has on the Court.
I heard one blurb. That's what I heard.

Has a federal law been broken? The Supreme Court has the Supreme Court of the United States Police to investigate matters in the Supreme Court.
Yep. Most likely several. At least 18 USC 641

At least he didn't use a leak, done by a foreign government, no less, in his political campaign.

I heard one blurb. That's what I heard.
I heard the question asked of him and his deflection to focus on the contents of the draft and what that means. Of course he didn't have a teleprompter because he referred to a child, rather than a fetus, being aborted.

MAY 3 2022 9:37 AM EDT​

Biden defends abortion rights after leak of Supreme Court draft striking down Roe v. Wade​

KEY POINTS
  • President Joe Biden reacted to a leaked draft of a Supreme Court opinion that would reverse the Roe v. Wade decision by calling on elected officials around the United States to protect women’s right to abortion.
  • “I believe that a woman’s right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned,” Biden said.
  • The Democratic president also called for the election of “more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House” this fall to pass federal legislation that would ensure the right to abortion.
  • The statement came a day after a report by Politico said that a draft of an opinion written by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito indicates that a majority of the court had voted to overturn Roe.
“I believe that a woman’s right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned,” Biden said in a statement.

Biden also called for the election of “more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House” this fall to pass federal legislation that would ensure the right to abortion.

And he later warned reporters that if the rationale used in the leaked draft decision is formally endorsed by the Supreme Court, “it would mean that every other decision relating to the notion of privacy is thrown into question.”

MAY 3 2022 9:37 AM EDT

Biden defends abortion rights after leak of Supreme Court draft striking down Roe v. Wade​

KEY POINTS
  • President Joe Biden reacted to a leaked draft of a Supreme Court opinion that would reverse the Roe v. Wade decision by calling on elected officials around the United States to protect women’s right to abortion.
  • “I believe that a woman’s right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned,” Biden said.
  • The Democratic president also called for the election of “more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House” this fall to pass federal legislation that would ensure the right to abortion.
  • The statement came a day after a report by Politico said that a draft of an opinion written by Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito indicates that a majority of the court had voted to overturn Roe.
“I believe that a woman’s right to choose is fundamental, Roe has been the law of the land for almost fifty years, and basic fairness and the stability of our law demand that it not be overturned,” Biden said in a statement.

Biden also called for the election of “more pro-choice Senators and a pro-choice majority in the House” this fall to pass federal legislation that would ensure the right to abortion.

And he later warned reporters that if the rationale used in the leaked draft decision is formally endorsed by the Supreme Court, “it would mean that every other decision relating to the notion of privacy is thrown into question.”

As I said no comment on the abomination of the leak itself just the subject of the leak which he immediately politicized.

As I said no comment on the abomination of the leak itself just the subject of the leak which he immediately politicized.
Politicized? The entire draft is political .............

While the leak may be horrible; the decision draft is worse

It is up to SCOTUS to investigate; not Biden - separation of powers

The leak is being focused on by the right for deflection

sigh.

No surprise that OAN and NewsMax did not show up in the search. Bet you can't wait for Tucker to spout off.
sigh.

No surprise that OAN and NewsMax did not show up in the search. Bet you can't wait for Tucker to spout off.
As I said, no comment on the abomination of the leak itself , just politicization of the ruling the leak exposed.

Follow the thread - not a word about the leak itself.
Well there is this.
We do not know whether this draft is genuine, or whether it reflects the final decision of the Court. With that critical caveat, I want to be clear on three points about the cases before the Supreme Court," Biden said in a rare statement on an even rarer event.

Operative words in your OP being "seems to think." A very 'weak' foundation on which to build a 'solid' argument.
True. Biden doesn’t think he just reacts politically like the life long politician he is.

Seems the WSJ was familiar with the draft on April 26th

At least he didn't use a fake dossier to launch a bogus investigation

Yet, no one did, so we're back to being okay with Trump exploiting a leak but being upset with Biden for not commenting on one.

Biden seems to think this leak is just fine and poses no threat whatsoever to the long held "sanctity" of SCOTUS which has historically been the only boat in DC that doesn't leak. This is essential for justices to stay above the political bickering and make decisions without any outside pressure. All Biden sees is a political victory for him at a time when he desperately needs to change the subject from inflation and the coming recession. His presidency is in fail mode and a change in narrative takes the spotlight off of that fact so he's all smiles.
It's just like the 1/6 texts. You're not angry at your own, broken party for being corrupt - you're just pissed we found out about it :)

Typical trumpist posting.

Back
Top Bottom