• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden no comment on supreme court leak

Roberts immediate ordered a marshal to investigate.
I’m going to bet that the SCOTUS Marshal and the force is similar to what the Capitol Police once were, a comfortable gig for retired military and law enforcement. Thing have changed at the Capitol, I wonder if the SCOTUS Police have adapted with the times. The force is answerable only to the Chief Justice and the court.

We're going to see a million threads about stuff like this because they know they have unleashed hell and they're trying to pretend it hasn't happened.

Biden seems to think this leak is just fine and poses no threat whatsoever to the long held "sanctity" of SCOTUS which has historically been the only boat in DC that doesn't leak. This is essential for justices to stay above the political bickering and make decisions without any outside pressure. All Biden sees is a political victory for him at a time when he desperately needs to change the subject from inflation and the coming recession. His presidency is in fail mode and a change in narrative takes the spotlight off of that fact so he's all smiles.

But he did comment.

"So, the idea that we’re going to make a judgment that is going to say that no one can make the judgment to choose to abort a child based on a decision by the Supreme Court, I think goes way overboard."

after some strange argument

"Roe says what all basic mainstream religions have historically concluded, that the existence of a human life and being is a question. Is it at the moment of conception? Is it six months? Is it six weeks? Is it quickening, like Aquinas argued?" Biden asked."

I'm trying to understand how Biden could be giddy about a leaked draft opinion that appears to fundamentally change precedent he believes in?

apparently they believe a federal marshal has jurisdiction to investigate at their behest. That a problem? If it is, you can always... take it to the Supreme court! :)

the SCOTUS is a different yet equal pillar of our democracy from the POTUS , you know.

LMAO.. The Supreme Court has their OWN marshal... THAT is who is investigating... The more you know....

LMAO.. The Supreme Court has their OWN marshal... THAT is who is investigating... The more you know....

you all are such sticklers for every little detail so you can nitpick... I don;t care. it is still a federal marshal.. it is a marshal who is employed by a branch of our federal government.. a federal marshal.
Is that a problem?

does a marhsal = a marshal? yes

so if a marshal is a marshal who works for the federal government, what does that make that marshal? ...

ooo so he is a special federal marshal? who gives a crap except nitpickers?

glad we could clear that up.

you all are such sticklers for every little detail so you can nitpick... I don;t care. it is still a federal marshal.. it is a marshal who is employed by a branch of our federal government.. a federal marshal.
Is that a problem?

It is NOT as federal marshal... It is THE supreme court marshal... good lord... two different branches of the government

It was smart for Biden’s handlers to make sure he kept his mouth shut because as history has shown if he is left to his own devises he would make the situation worse by his comments.

It would have been nice had he made a general statement that while the leak is concerning it is important we wait for the official ruling instead of unofficial leakEd information.

Funny. I watched news on two different channels and they had clips of Biden commenting on the leak.
Try not using Newsmax, OAN, or Tucker for your news.:giggle:
Link?

I'm trying to understand how Biden could be giddy about a leaked draft opinion that appears to fundamentally change precedent he believes in?
Because it takes the focus off his failed policies and presidency.

Biden should have come out strong against someone leaking anything from SCOTUS but crickets.

Says who? I thought he was a senile old man in the hands of his handlers?

He isn't in charge of SCOTUS. Leaks happen everywhere. In all facets of government. He isn't accountable for it and it isn't in his job description to weigh in on it. Biden didn't take an oath of office to protect SCOTUS from leaks.

Says who? I thought he was a senile old man in the hands of his handlers?

He isn't in charge of SCOTUS. Leaks happen everywhere. In all facets of government. He isn't accountable for it and it isn't in his job description to weigh in on it. Biden didn't take an oath of office to protect SCOTUS from leaks.
Biden could save drowning puppies and the OP would bitch about it somehow.

"He should have done it my way..."

He withheld comment about the leak? Because it is unofficial?
Let's get real here.
Uh what? I heard a blurb last night. That's what I heard. So, either I heard wrong or your question should be directed to Biden

Uh what? I heard a blurb last night. That's what I heard. So, either I heard wrong or your question should be directed to Biden

It's a draft. Biden properly withheld comment until it's official
That was what I responded to. This thread is about the leak not Biden commenting on abortion or the ruling.

The fact that the ruling isn't official should have no bearing on him commenting on the leak.

That was what I responded to. This thread is about the leak not Biden commenting on abortion or the ruling.

The fact that the ruling isn't official should have no bearing on him commenting on the leak.
I don't care. I'm telling you what he said. Take it up with him.

I will, but why defend him from something he wasn't asked about? He was asked about the leak.
That you commented on, in defense of.
I'm not defending anything. I'm agreeing with him.

Back
Top Bottom