• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden MUST Stop Lying - or Forget about Increasing the Debt Ceiling

I haven't perused all of the posts in this thread to see if any has listed Joe Biden's recent lies. And people accused Trump of lying?
Here they are:
1: “Take-home pay has gone up".
I predicted last week that Biden would utter this lie. Real wages have fallen every month for nearly two straight years under his administration as historic inflation swamps nominal wages and destroys living standards. According to the most recent data, annual inflation is rising 50 percent faster than average wages.
2. “We have created a record 12 million new jobs.”
Biden tries to count the jobs backfilled post-pandemic as “new” jobs, but these positions were already created and merely temporarily abandoned due to COVID-19. In reality, Biden has created 2.7 million net new jobs above what Donald Trump created. This job creation is only 60 percent of the 4.5 million net new jobs that Trump created in his first two years in office.
3: “[I have presided over] the largest deficit reduction in American history.”
Again, Biden is trying to take advantage of the moderation from the unique pandemic baseline. In reality, Biden has presided over the largest two-year deficit — $4.2 trillion — in American history. While it’s true the annual deficit is lower than during the once-in-a-century pandemic in 2020, due to the expiration of pandemic-era spending, that’s hardly something to cheer.

four more Biden lies:

4: “Two years ago, our economy was reeling.”
President Trump presided over the fastest economic recovery in American history, with the economy expanding by 11 percent in his last six months in office. Unfortunately, instead of simply continuing Trump’s policies and riding his coattails to a rapid resurgence, Biden seized the opportunity to pass several trillion dollars’ worth of unnecessary spending that fueled historic inflation, putting a tremendous burden on small business owners and ordinary Americans.
5: Oil companies have “invested too little of th[eir] profit to increase domestic production and keep gas prices down.”
Oil companies would like to expand production to take advantage of high oil prices, but the Biden administration’s green energy policies make this very difficult. According to Heritage Foundation energy analyst Katie Tubb, the administration “has proposed or finalized regulations that restrict nearly every aspect of the oil industry: financing and private-sector investment, exploration and production, pipeline construction and operation, and consumer use.”

6: “Now, thanks to all we’ve done, we’re exporting American products.”
The same day as the State of the Union address, the government released 2022 trade figures showing the country hit a record trade deficit of almost $1 trillion last year. That’s up 12.2 percent compared to 2021, precisely the opposite direction of Biden’s claim.

7: The wealthy don’t “pay their fair share.”
This stale Democrat talking point seems to make it into every stump speech. But it couldn’t be further from the truth. The top 1 percent of highest-earning Americans pay nearly 50 percent of the nation’s income taxes — about twice their “share” of national income. According to a WalletHub analysis, the top 100 American corporations pay an effective tax rate of nearly 20 percent.

Money comes from production of good and services. You think it comes from IOUs?

Money isn't created when you produce things but when loans are made. The money from loans are then used to pay for what's produced.

There is no question whatsoever that democrats are the "DEFUND THE POLICE" party, yet Biden - AGAIN - said yesterday that it was the "MAGA Republicans" that want the police defunded, which is an absolute blatant LIE. The democrats, specifically the Domestic Terror Group "Black Lives Matter" (BLM) who started this BS, along with our no-brains VP who worked tirelessly begging for donations to post bail for black arrestees.

Biden goes on and on with atrocious lies that top all lies to date.

If this is the way Biden wants it, forget the budget, forget the debt ceiling (it is fine where it is? No idea if this is the most recent or not, but Biden signed into law a debt ceiling increase of $2.5 Trillion in December 2021 - just over ONE (1) YEAR AGO. So, Biden blew through $2.5 Trillion in just about 1 year? So, if the US defaults on its debt, it defaults on its debt. We certainly would not be the first.

Remember the haste for democrats to get that last bill to Biden to sign just before last Christmas for nearly $2.0 TRILLION (in late December 2022) to make damn sure it would pass the democrat-controlled House -- knowing that the debt ceiling had to be increased to accommodate it. But the democrats never passed that part. WHY? The dems left raising the debt ceiling to the GOP for the democrats stupid-shit programs? OH HELL NO. The House should institute LINE ITEM VETO immediately and cross out well over $1 Trillion of democrat waste.

The democrats are always changing rules they don't like -- so I think it is time for the Republicans to do the same. If the democrats don't like changes that the GOP made to their budget -- TOO BAD -- take this revised budget or leave it. Medicare will continue to pay because of a provision the GOP placed into the debt ceiling law the last time this happened.

Why didn't the democrats increase the debt ceiling before they lost power on 12/31/22 - just 2 months ago?? They should have because MANY of us are going to get petitions signed by GOP voters and others telling Congress "NO MORE DEBT CEILING INCREASES UNTIL WE FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" and where all of this money is going. Biden is closing in on +/-$10 Trillion budget deficit now -- so why in the hell did he sign another $2 Trillion pure pork bill just 2 months ago, leaving the "HOW" (HOW were we going to pay for it) to the Republicans. The dems are too busy spending 2 years on January 6 bullshit; hiring Hollywood for tens of millions of dollars to make it look good on TV, then we learn that out of the 81 million votes cast for Biden in 2020, around $5-7 million TOTAL -- BOTH PARTIES -- actually watched just part of the show, according to the rating companies.

Democrats think this shit is no big deal, but the rogue blue state governors who originally told us deadlines of 2035/2050 have lowered them substantially. Certain states say "why 2050?" -- "Let's do it now. No gasoline or diesel vehicle will be allowed to be driven within OUR state after 2025, regardless of where it is registered.

So, now families and all others are now looking at another $60,000 minimum expense for a new EV. Wonderful. I just bought a 2023 Cadillac Escalade for my ever-growing family because there are no EVs that can comfortably and legally hold 8 passengers + the driver.

MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS crossed from Mexico. Now they're flying to Canada and crossing to the US illegally from Canada. One Canadian official said that some border crossing areas are reporting illegal crossing up more than 10x from just 3-4 years ago. Meanwhile, the "We are open" NYC mayor is bitching like hell because NYC spends $4 million/day on illegal aliens. Well, you wanted them, and now you've got them with a few million++ more on the way. Call your friend Biden about the cost. We never had trouble like this under a Republican president.

STOP THIS MADNESS NOW. NJ dem gov Murphy called the newspaper, radio, and TV reports "mis/disinformation" and says that nothing will stop the military-grade SONAR being used to map the ocean floor to determine the best location for windmills. I thought that we used to give a damn about aLL life.

STOP the New Jersey Shore tests for windmills until they find the cause of death for over 20 huge whales in about 2 months. NJ has ~125 miles of coastline.

You should look at the history of the debt ceiling for the past 50 years.

Inflation is always continuing. What normal people are capable of digesting is that inflation rates continue to retreat.

It's not. Anyone claiming as much is a fool.
No, this is correct. The price level increases every month/year.

That was not the point, the point was inflation is declining, its rate is decreasing.

Another example of your semantic bullshit.

If that's the point, then it's wrong.
Oh Mrs "Ive got an advanced degree" is going to argue that the rate of change in US PCE is NOT declining!
I guess its only semantic if you want to ignore how inflation works.
The subject is NOT how "inflation works", but as a matter of fact, whether or not the rate of change is increasing or decreasing...... rando Florida woman.

Oh Mrs "Ive got an advanced degree" is going to argue that the rate of change in US PCE is NOT declining!
I don't remember saying anything about PCE, or any other inflation metric.
The subject is NOT how "inflation works", but as a matter of fact, whether or not the rate of change is increasing or decreasing...... rando Florida woman.
Neither of these things are the subject, and I am replying to a point that I believe is not accurately conveyed.

Last edited:
Holy shit, then you are just not reading. That is the point under current debate, what you jumped into.
No, you're not reading. No one mentioned PCE, or any other inflation metric, in this thread.
yeah, they are.

Which, apparently.....you can't even describe or repeat.
The subject is on the first post of the thread. No description or repeat necessary.

No, you're not reading. No one mentioned PCE, or any other inflation metric, in this thread.
oy vey:

"inflation is still soaring and has for 2 1/2 years (Biden years)"

The subject is on the first post of the thread. No description or repeat necessary.
Inflation is always continuing. What normal people are capable of digesting is that inflation rates continue to retreat.

It's not. Anyone claiming as much is a fool.
Let see that advanced degree response...

oy vey:

"inflation is still soaring and has for 2 1/2 years (Biden years)"
That quote doesn't contain anything about PCE, or any inflation metric.

How do you say, "this is the topic, you're not reading," and then fail to provide one example where PCE or an inflation metric is being discussed?
Let see that advanced degree response...
I get that you're trolling, but you should really put more effort into it.

That quote doesn't contain anything about PCE, or any inflation metric.
yer getting hung up on sematic arguments again, I didn't say it was about "metrics", the argument you jumped on was a question of the rate of change, rando.
How do you say, "this is the topic, you're not reading," and then fail to provide one example where PCE or an inflation metric is being discussed?
Like I said, any out to avoid your error is good enough, you don't want to continue your failing defense of stealthycat.
I get that you're trolling, but you should really put more effort into it.
Oh shit....the irony!

yer getting hung up on sematic arguments again, I didn't say it was about "metrics", the argument you jumped on was a question of the rate of change, rando.
Moving the goalpost. You're the one who brought up PCE, in a sad attempt to strawman me. When I said, "I didn't even mention PCE or other inflation metrics," you suggested it was being discussed, when in fact it wasn't.

Imagine failing to do the exact same thing you accuse others of doing: jumping onto arguments without figuring out what is going on.
Like I said, any out to avoid your error is good enough, you don't want to continue your failing defense of stealthycat.
The post is already up. Whoever it was referring to will read it accurately.

Can't say the same for you, though.
Oh shit....the irony!
Why use words incorrectly when the dictionary.com is free?

Moving the goalpost.
I can't, the argument you jumped into is right there, you quoted it, you responded to it......you can use what ever inflation measure you want.....the point remains, is the rate of inflation increasing or decreasing?
Yeah, and you are not locked into it.
in a sad attempt to strawman me.
I'm not putting words in your mouth, again you can use whatever "metric" you like.....but you keep on avoiding the argument and want to make semantic arguement.
When I said, "I didn't even mention PCE or other inflation metrics," you suggested it was being discussed, when in fact it wasn't.
A person can look at a variety of inflation metrics to determine if it is increasing or decreasing. The point remains, the rate is decreasing. You still avoid the point.
Imagine failing to do the exact same thing you accuse others of doing: jumping onto arguments without figuring out what is going on.
I can see right now you are spinning over semantics, not the point....the point remains is the rate of inflation decreasing or increasing?
The post is already up. Whoever it was referring to will read it accurately.
It isn't a matter of who, it is a matter of the what....the point. Is the rate increasing or decreasing?
Can't say the same for you, though.
Still not on point.
Why use words incorrectly when the dictionary.com is free?
As I said, anything to avoid the point.

I can't, the argument you jumped into is right there, you quoted it, you responded to it......you can use what ever inflation measure you want.....the point remains, is the rate of inflation increasing or decreasing?
I suppose that would depend on which inflation metric you decide to use. It's almost as if you'll make a moronic mistake by assuming I'm using PCE.
Yeah, and you are not locked into it.

I'm not putting words in your mouth, again you can use whatever "metric" you like.....but you keep on avoiding the argument and want to make semantic arguement.
You erected a strawman, not put words in my mouth. You assumed I was talking about PCE when I wasn't.

I will even throw you a bone: It is possible respondents in this thread are referring to PCE (although, never mentioned in this thread). However, there is a reason why I used the term, "price level," instead of referring to a specific metric: I ACTUALLY read previous post in this read and saw they were using a basic LRAS model, which refers to inflation as "the price level." You can only give this level of thought into a reply when you actually attempt to engage in the argument, instead of the bad faith trolling to see to enjoy doing.
A person can look at a variety of inflation metrics to determine if it is increasing or decreasing. The point remains, the rate is decreasing. You still avoid the point.

I can see right now you are spinning over semantics, not the point....the point remains is the rate of inflation decreasing or increasing?

It isn't a matter of who, it is a matter of the what....the point. Is the rate increasing or decreasing?

Still not on point.

As I said, anything to avoid the point.
You should probably re-read the first post of mine you initially replied to. For your own good.

You assumed I was talking about PCE when I wasn't.
The point was never about what you or I said about PCE. The point was made by stealthycat, responded to by Kush, who you attempted to counter.

I'll ask one last time, is the rate of inflation increasing or declining?

The point was never about what you or I said about PCE. The point was made by stealthycat, responded to by Kush, who you attempted to counter.
I don't see what is so difficult about saying your response to this is wrong. Why not address what people are saying, other from the fact that you're a troll.
1679108611510.png
I'll ask one last time, is the rate of inflation increasing or declining?
1) Again, that depends on the inflation metric you choose.

2) Not sure why this is a point of contention. This is not mine, nor stealthycat's argument.

There is no question whatsoever that democrats are the "DEFUND THE POLICE" party, yet Biden - AGAIN - said yesterday that it was the "MAGA Republicans" that want the police defunded, which is an absolute blatant LIE. The democrats, specifically the Domestic Terror Group "Black Lives Matter" (BLM) who started this BS, along with our no-brains VP who worked tirelessly begging for donations to post bail for black arrestees.

If this is the way Biden wants it, forget the budget, forget the debt ceiling (it is fine where it is? No idea if this is the most recent or not, but Biden signed into law a debt ceiling increase of $2.5 Trillion in December 2021 - just over ONE (1) YEAR AGO. So, Biden blew through $2.5 Trillion in just about 1 year? So, if the US defaults on its debt, it defaults on its debt. We certainly would not be the first.

Remember the haste for democrats to get that last bill to Biden to sign just before last Christmas for nearly $2.0 TRILLION (in late December 2022) to make damn sure it would pass the democrat-controlled House -- knowing that the debt ceiling had to be increased to accommodate it. But the democrats never passed that part. WHY? The dems left raising the debt ceiling to the GOP for the democrats stupid-shit programs? OH HELL NO. The House should institute LINE ITEM VETO immediately and cross out well over $1 Trillion of democrat waste.

The democrats are always changing rules they don't like -- so I think it is time for the Republicans to do the same. If the democrats don't like changes that the GOP made to their budget -- TOO BAD -- take this revised budget or leave it. Medicare will continue to pay because of a provision the GOP placed into the debt ceiling law the last time this happened.

Why didn't the democrats increase the debt ceiling before they lost power on 12/31/22 - just 2 months ago?? They should have because MANY of us are going to get petitions signed by GOP voters and others telling Congress "NO MORE DEBT CEILING INCREASES UNTIL WE FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" and where all of this money is going. Biden is closing in on +/-$10 Trillion budget deficit now -- so why in the hell did he sign another $2 Trillion pure pork bill just 2 months ago, leaving the "HOW" (HOW were we going to pay for it) to the Republicans. The dems are too busy spending 2 years on January 6 bullshit; hiring Hollywood for tens of millions of dollars to make it look good on TV, then we learn that out of the 81 million votes cast for Biden in 2020, around $5-7 million TOTAL -- BOTH PARTIES -- actually watched just part of the show, according to the rating companies.

Democrats think this shit is no big deal, but the rogue blue state governors who originally told us deadlines of 2035/2050 have lowered them substantially. Certain states say "why 2050?" -- "Let's do it now. No gasoline or diesel vehicle will be allowed to be driven within OUR state after 2025, regardless of where it is registered.

So, now families and all others are now looking at another $60,000 minimum expense for a new EV. Wonderful. I just bought a 2023 Cadillac Escalade for my ever-growing family because there are no EVs that can comfortably and legally hold 8 passengers + the driver.

MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL ALIENS crossed from Mexico. Now they're flying to Canada and crossing to the US illegally from Canada. One Canadian official said that some border crossing areas are reporting illegal crossing up more than 10x from just 3-4 years ago. Meanwhile, the "We are open" NYC mayor is bitching like hell because NYC spends $4 million/day on illegal aliens. Well, you wanted them, and now you've got them with a few million++ more on the way. Call your friend Biden about the cost. We never had trouble like this under a Republican president.

STOP THIS MADNESS NOW. NJ dem gov Murphy called the newspaper, radio, and TV reports "mis/disinformation" and says that nothing will stop the military-grade SONAR being used to map the ocean floor to determine the best location for windmills. I thought that we used to give a damn about aLL life.

STOP the New Jersey Shore tests for windmills until they find the cause of death for over 20 huge whales in about 2 months. NJ has ~125 miles of coastline.

Good summation, jc,
No wonder the Dems don't want him and Hapless Harris to run again.

Do you have a link for this cut and paste?

President Biden said:
“Take-home pay has gone up".
I predicted last week that Biden would utter this lie.
It is not a lie, nominal wages , which is what he cited, have been increasing
Real wages have fallen every month for nearly two straight years under his administration as historic inflation swamps nominal wages and destroys living standards.
We call this moving the goalpost, inflation adjusted wages are not what he spoke of, he spoke of nominal levels.
And sure, in this period where we had MASSIVE gains in employment (correct me if I'm wrong, but generally going from unemployed to employed usually means a big jump in wages) combined with huge jumps in DEMAND, combined with SUPPLY issues and a war in Europe caused a spike in inflation. The funny thing is, nobody whined about the spike in wage gains....
fredgraph.png
...so it appears we are still ahead of average real wage levels for median earners during the Orange Asshole admin.

It is not a lie, nominal wages , which is what he cited, have been increasing

We call this moving the goalpost, inflation adjusted wages are not what he spoke of, he spoke of nominal levels.
And sure, in this period where we had MASSIVE gains in employment (correct me if I'm wrong, but generally going from unemployed to employed usually means a big jump in wages) combined with huge jumps in DEMAND, combined with SUPPLY issues and a war in Europe caused a spike in inflation. The funny thing is, nobody whined about the spike in wage gains....
View attachment 67441315
...so it appears we are still ahead of average real wage levels for median earners during the Orange Asshole admin.
Is this an example of gimmesometruth giving me some truth?
Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom