• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Mocked For Using Script To Tap Kamala Harris As His Running Mate

ReubenSherr

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Apparently, Joe is not even able to hold a phone conversation with his prospective VP, without reading off a script.

"Shortly after Joe Biden called Sen. Kamala Harris about tapping her as his running mate, the gaffe-prone former veep was mocked for using a script during his virtual chat, according to reports.

A photo posted on his account shows the 77-year-old speaking on a laptop with the beaming California senator as he holds up his iPhone with its speaker facing the computer, suggesting someone else was on their call, the Daily Mail reported.

But it was a sheet of paper seen under the phone that caught people’s attention.

“I’ve decided I would like you to join this effort to win back the soul of our country and be our nation’s next Vice President,” the text reads. “I think you are entitled to know why I chose you. There are three reasons.”

Biden was soon mocked in pro-President Trump social media for resorting to a script during his call with his newly minted running mate."

Biden mocked for using script to tap Kamala Harris as his running mate: report

If Joe cannot communicate well enough to have an unscripted conversation with his prospective VP, how will he be able to communicate with world leaders? And officials in national, state, and local government?

Last edited:
I'm sure someone in the Biden campaign got their ass ripped for releasing that photo. At least MSNBC was kind enough to crop the script out in their coverage.

Apparently, Joe is not even able to hold a phone conversation with his prospective VP, without reading off a script.

"Shortly after Joe Biden called Sen. Kamala Harris about tapping her as his running mate, the gaffe-prone former veep was mocked for using a script during his virtual chat, according to reports.

A photo posted on his account shows the 77-year-old speaking on a laptop with the beaming California senator as he holds up his iPhone with its speaker facing the computer, suggesting someone else was on their call, the Daily Mail reported.

But it was a sheet of paper seen under the phone that caught people’s attention.

“I’ve decided I would like you to join this effort to win back the soul of our country and be our nation’s next Vice President,” the text reads. “I think you are entitled to know why I chose you. There are three reasons.”

Biden was soon mocked in pro-President Trump social media for resorting to a script during his call with his newly minted running mate."

If Joe cannot communicate well enough to have an unscripted conversation with his prospective VP, how will he able to communicate with world leaders? And officials in national, state, and local government?

Oh, such faux concern!!

giphy.gif

If Joe cannot communicate well enough to have an unscripted conversation with his prospective VP, how will he able to communicate with world leaders? And officials in national, state, and local government?

There was also no indication of how many tries it took to get one good enough for release!

I'm sure someone in the Biden campaign got their ass ripped for releasing that photo. At least MSNBC was kind enough to crop the script out in their coverage.

You guys......

A47E0E7C-2401-4725-92BF-14A227EC8814.jpg

2651046F-9C7D-448A-AD29-21D33F247C7B.jpg

So, Reuben.

Have you seen the video matching up Trump's virus update speeches?

<>

Communication? Explain exactly how this is an example of a person who can communicate well:

DAWSEY: You said yesterday when you were leaving that you were skeptical of a climate change report that the government had done. Can you just explain why you’re skeptical of that report?

TRUMP: One of the problems that a lot of people like myself — we have very high levels of intelligence, but we’re not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it’s right now at a record clean. But when you look at China and you look at parts of Asia and when you look at South America, and when you look at many other places in this world, including Russia, including — just many other places — the air is incredibly dirty. And when you’re talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over. I mean, we take thousands of tons of garbage off our beaches all the time that comes over from Asia. It just flows right down the Pacific, it flows, and we say where does this come from. And it takes many people to start off with.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...shington-post-interview-transcript-annotated/

DAWSEY: So you’re saying you don’t see the —

TRUMP: Josh, you go to other places where they have denser trees — it’s more dense, where the trees are more flammable — they don’t have forest fires like this, because they maintain. And it was very interesting, I was watching the firemen, and they’re raking brush — you know the tumbleweed and brush, and all this stuff that’s growing underneath. It’s on fire, and they’re raking it, working so hard, and they’re raking all this stuff. If that was raked in the beginning, there’d be nothing to catch on fire. It’s very interesting to see. A lot of the trees, they took tremendous burn at the bottom, but they didn’t catch on fire. The bottom is all burned but they didn’t catch on fire because they sucked the water, they’re wet. You need forest management, and they don’t have it.

If an infographic will help, here you go:

Trumb babble 2.jpg

So, Reuben.

Have you seen the video matching up Trump's virus update speeches?

"but...uhh, it was on CNN!!, and they lie!!!!"

Is this something we care about again? I know that during Obama's Presidency people were bitching cause he read off a teleprompter all the time. Didn't hear much bitching when Trump was using notes and teleprompters. Just trying to make sure I'm up on the latest faux-rage. So notes are bad again then?

OK, he might be mocked, but on November 3, he is going to destroy my candidate, and I am very, very, very sad -- for myself and for our nation.

If Joe cannot communicate well enough to have an unscripted conversation with his prospective VP, how will he be able to communicate with world leaders? And officials in national, state, and local government?

Still better than 4 more years of Trump.

That’s the old advertising strategy! Repetition, repetition, repetition.........

But you're not supposed to need to use it on yourself...

Rueben, all this does is make it harder for people with legit concerns to criticize Biden. You are an unwitting and useful idiot for the Biden campaign! Congratz!

a73e27d3fd9fed238f79261324052608.jpg

Well I'll tell you this much Reuben. When I got home yesterday I flipped on the tv and it was Biden and Harris. I'll just take a stab in the dark and say they likely had teleprompters. But I've got to say neither one of them sounded like the fourth grade reader Trump barely pulls off damn near everyday on his tv rallies.

I virtually always have notes prepared for my business calls. It's a common technique for effective dialogue, and in achieving your goals. Don't believe me? Try it sometimes. And don't forget to take notes (during the conversation), too.

Because he won't fire most of his management team.

I virtually always have notes prepared for my business calls. It's a common technique for effective dialogue, and in achieving your goals.

Joe was clearly reading off the paper WORD FOR WORD. They weren't just notes. ;)

Joe was clearly reading off the paper WORD FOR WORD. They weren't just notes. ;)
You've seen video of this? AFAIK, it's just an instagram photo.

Do you actually think he had the entire interaction scripted? How would that even work? You think that he read a speech and then hung up? LOL

God forbid someone have prepared remarks for an important event. It would almost be like they were well prepared or put some thought into the choice of their words. I mean who would want that in a POTUS?

You've seen video of this? AFAIK, it's just an instagram photo.
Good point. The article implies he was reading word for word.

After this many years in politics, though, the guy should be able to have a phone conversation offering Harris the job without having to use notes.

Tweety can barely speak in full English sentences. I'm not too worried about his opponent.

Back
Top Bottom