• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden met his own 1m-a-day vaccine 'target' before he even stepped into the WH Oval Office

I fi

I knew you would excuse it away.
They can't find them. They state it in the article.
This isn't about shortages, Trump already ****ed up the orders a few months ago and thus Europe is getting them

Shrug..
I do not excuse it away. Just do you find it funny? Most complaints in all articles are so vague.
I am not a Trump supporter. Just after last year, I think we better read the news with a grain of salt.

¹Is it made in USA? If not, WH cannot do anything about it. BTW, was it something about not increase the ordering qty in summer or something? No gov't will do that :)

I do not excuse it away. Just do you find it funny? Most complaints in all articles are so vague.
I am not a Trump supporter. Just after last year, I think we better read the news with a grain of salt.

¹Is it made in USA? If not, WH cannot do anything about it. BTW, was it something about not increase the ordering qty in summer or something? No gov't will do that :)

Of course they would. They offered to double the order with no up front costs. They said no and when they came back the offer was gone to other nations.

And, from what we see in this thread, there are plenty of people willing to give Biden credit for something he didn't do.
That is not fair. We are giving the one term mistake FULL credit for the attack on the Capitol. That is a real legacy for the history books.

"Now" is NOT "during the Trump administration".

Remember, at the beginning of Mr. Trump's administration, you, and those like you, were quick to claim that the economic recovery was ALL Mr. Trump's doing and had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with anything that had happened during any previous administration.

If you were honest and ethical, you would be retracting those statements and acknowledging that Mr. Trump owed "his" economic recovery to the work that had been done PRIOR to his taking office.

Since you don't do that, it is rather duplicitous of you to maintain that anything that happens AFTER Mr. Trump left office has anything whatsoever to do with anything that happened BEFORE Mr. Biden took office.

That is true. If the US drug companies can up production (helped in large measure by money[which they do not have to repay {but the increase in their asset value they get to keep}] from American taxpayers) the likelihood that the number of vaccinations per day will continue to climb.

Indeed.

<SARC>Just like Mr. Trump (and his supporters like you) thanked the Obama administration for what it did to overcome the economic recession at the end of Mr. Bush's administration</SARC> - right?
Interesting couple of points here. I agree - there's some finger pointing going across administrations.

The work to expand vaccinations was clearly done on Trump's watch. Biden didn't have anything to do with the level hit on his inaguration day, or even now. He is still trying to find the bathroom, and saying that 'there was no plan (Fauchi disagrees), even though this plan exceeded his goal.

Obama's efforts were not helpful to the economy. The recovery - one of the slowest on record, happened in spite of him. So no, I don't give him credit. He certainly took credit from Bush, who did the heavy lifting of stabilizing the liquidity crisis before he left with TARP, and handed Bush the blame for TARP loan 'spending' as he rolled the payback into dramatic spending increases. Trump doesn't get credit for the economy on Day 1 of his presidency, but does get credit for the work during his administration to make it a booming one.

Much better than the alternative.

Why is this better than the alternative? What exactly did Trump do that impacted you and your family so much to create this hatred and total ignorance of basic civics?

Lol..what a bunch of dumb.

52k? Nope. Temp jobs that will be shuffled elsewhere.

No he didn't what a stupid statement.

No he didn't

No he didn't.

That's how it's always been. Trump tries to change it.

Haven't seen anything

There was no halt. Just the process that's typical.

Typical government. Trump did the same to Obama and Obama did the same to Bush.

See above

I'm quite happy.

This is why unity won't happen. One side is dishonest..

Going to be fun watching you dodge and weave when the official results come out as they really don't matter to people like you who are in need of a massive gov't as you are incapable of competing in the private sector

And, from what we see in this thread, there are plenty of people willing to give Biden credit for something he didn't do.

Sorta like "Trump's" economy? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Oh yeah, the next four years are gonna be a riot.

You said, literally "There was no plan. " I'll ask again, did those 68 million arms fall onto those 68 million needles purely by accident?

No. The actual process of delivery, storage, scheduling, and injection was handled by states and private businesses. The feds provided little to no support for this process, which is why it hasn’t been going as smoothly as it should have.

Do you understand now? Do I need to dumb it down farther?

Notice how our more left leaning Canadian posters appear to missing when it comes to commenting about the above?

That's because a crap ton of Canadians are happy about this. Careful discussing our politics - way know waaaaaaay more about yours than you do about ours.

Besides, getting screwed economically by America has sorta become the norm over the last four years. The shock value is simply gone. We expect things to be better, super controversial pipeline that 47% of Canadians didn't want or no super controversial pipeline that 47% of Canadians didn't want.

The plan that was in place before he took office called for 20 million Americans being vaccinated by January. The Trump Administration came nowhere near that goal.
Can you link to this plan? Thanks.

No. The actual process of delivery, storage, scheduling, and injection was handled by states and private businesses. The feds provided little to no support for this process, which is why it hasn’t been going as smoothly as it should have.

Do you understand now? Do I need to dumb it down farther?
We're done. When you have nothing to offer but ad hominim, it's clear ou are intent in remaining mired in the ignorance fostered by Dem talking points.

We're done. When you have nothing to offer but ad hominim, it's clear ou are intent in remaining mired in the ignorance fostered by Dem talking points.

Show me the Federal support and prove me wrong.

Support other than writing a check to Pfizer, incidentally.

Of course they would. They offered to double the order with no up front costs. They said no and when they came back the offer was gone to other nations.
Make no mistake. I believe it. I read that news in Dec too. The company asked Trump's admin to buy some more in the summer. Just wondering do you have a link to show exactly what happened? It is because 1. there was an EO 2. I just wonder who ordered it in the summer when there was a better option?

Show me the Federal support and prove me wrong.

Support other than writing a check to Pfizer, incidentally.
If Fed has nothing to do with the vaccine, I don't understand why MSM and Biden's admin keep saying Trump did a poor job. Did the WH check bounce?

That's because a crap ton of Canadians are happy about this. Careful discussing our politics - way know waaaaaaay more about yours than you do about ours.

Besides, getting screwed economically by America has sorta become the norm over the last four years. The shock value is simply gone. We expect things to be better, super controversial pipeline that 47% of Canadians didn't want or no super controversial pipeline that 47% of Canadians didn't want.
C'mon, don't give the orange too much credit. JT is simply the best on screwing Canada economically, bar none

lol - and you are deflecting mightily with personal attacks and 'spin'. Take a step back and be a bit skeptical. It's healthy. The Trump administration (not all Trump) hit (exceeded) Biden's goal. So either Biden's team didn't know what they were talking about, or the rollout wasn't that bad. Now, his administration has to reset. Note that Biden also moved from 'we're going to stop the virus' to 'there's nothing we can do about the trajectory over the next few months'. He promised something on the campaign trail he couldn't do, and is now having to dial back expectations.
DC, President Biden made that goal Dec 8. That was before trump's dismal rollout. Yes, just before inauguration, we started vaccinating people at that rate. Hooray. No one denies that. Trump literally had nothing to do with that. He left that up to the states. Thank goodness some of the states have real leaders who can get things done. And you seem to be denying that Trump didnt meet his own goal of 20 million by the end of the december. They literally only got 10% of that goal and the trump admin (read this slowly) lied to the states about vaccine in reserve. Calling that dismal is perfectly acceptable. Try to focus on the facts, not your feelings.

and dont forget I asked you, if you think making a goal of 100 million shots before the rollout even started is "spin", what do you call " it'll magically disappear" , "masks are for losers" or "only 15 people have it and it will go to zero".

Last edited:
how cool would it have been, during an actual pandemic, to have a leader that cared more about American lives than insulting people in 280 characters or less.

Really?

Scott Moe, the Premier of Saskatchewan, urged the Biden administration to allow construction of the pipeline.
“It’s a wonder to me why it’s not moving forward,” Moe told National Review. “We’d ask that both our national leaders engage on this project as well as on future projects so that we can keep being competitive and move forward as an integrated, competitive, and strong North American economy.”

Trudeau commented that he was “disappointed” in Biden’s decision to cancel construction.

Last edited:
If Fed has nothing to do with the vaccine, I don't understand why MSM and Biden's admin keep saying Trump did a poor job. Did the WH check bounce?

The Fed providing no support is why they did a poor job I don’t ****ing understand why you need this explained.

Support is better than no support. I don’t know how else to describe this to you.

Really?

Oh well if that one guy isn’t happy I guess all Canadians are unhappy.

1.6 million is correct.

The 1.06 million was the rolling seven day average. That average is now 1.13 million.

A single data point does not a trend make.

21-01-26 H4 - COVID Vaccinations DAILY RATE TOTAL.JPG
21-01-26 H1 - COVID Vaccinations TOTAL per 100.JPG
21-01-26 H3 - COVID Vaccinations DAILY RATE per 100.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​
PS - The US is doing damn well without inflating the figures (whether for partisan political purposes or not).

The Fed providing no support is why they did a poor job I don’t ****ing understand why you need this explained.

Support is better than no support. I don’t know how else to describe this to you.
c'mon man, no support is better than bad support, maybe it is just me.

LOL and that senile doddering fool now in the White House drafted those 30 EOs

In an American election, held pursuant to American law as contemplated by the American constitution, the American people selected Mr. Biden as the President of the United States of America.

If you don't like it, then your options is to get to work and dig up a candidate better suited to the office and one whom the American people will support OR "Halt die Klappe".

I'm very serious. It was on rueters. They don't know why but we are missing doses right now.

Yep.

According to Trump the military was the plan. Odds are states contacted Pfizer and others for orders. We know Pfizer at one point said they had the doses but had no direction on where to send them.

At this stage of the game, and in light of Pfizer's recent behaviour, I'm not all that sure that I'd bet my lunch money that Pfizer was telling the truth when they said that they had the doses.

Back
Top Bottom