• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden, McConnell tout bipartisanship as reason for $1.4B Brent Spence Bridge grant in Northern KY

ouch

Air Muscle
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
If only more politicians would come together in cooperation that helps Americans like what is currently on display in Norther KY today. More jobs created that will assure more products safely transported in an assured manner across the big Ohio River. It's money well spent on an important project!! imo

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

1672860066239.png

The project will separate I-75 traffic from local traffic as well as rehabilitate and reconfigure the bridge, and it was first announced last week by Gov. Andy Beshear and Sen. Mitch McConnell.

The project will separate I-75 traffic from local traffic as well as rehabilitate and reconfigure the bridge, and it was first announced last week by Gov. Andy Beshear and Sen. Mitch McConnell. Several local and federal leaders, including Biden, Beshear, Ohio Gov. Mike Dewine, McConnell and other politicians, were in attendance for Biden’s remarks on stage along the Ohio River to announce the grant. Virtually everyone who spoke shared the same feeling of excitement for the project.

“For decades, people have talked about the Brent Spence Bridge, but folks, talking is over,” said Biden, the Democratic president who took office in 2021 and has visited Kentucky multiple times in recent years amid natural disasters. “The bipartisan infrastructure law, we’re finally going to get it done.”

Why does it take a democratic president to do something both of these republican controlled states should have done for each other years ago?

If I were a republican, I would fight this tooth and nail. We don't need no stinkin' help from the libs.

Why does it take a democratic president to do something both of these republican controlled states should have done for each other years ago?

If I were a republican, I would fight this tooth and nail. We don't need no stinkin' help from the libs.
...and, why would any good Ohioan need to go into Kentucky anyway? Oh wait, the Cincinnati airport is over there (yet another government public works project with lots of federal money invested).

I don't think the government should be able to tell me where I can drive MY car

Back
Top Bottom