• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden: "MAGA crowd" is "most extreme" political group in U.S. history

Biden is right. Those groups (except the KKK) were not represented in our legislative body.
?? Biden himself was (is) a racist segregationist in Congress in the 70s.

Let's let women use their democracy and choose for themselves. Individualism, right?

Democracy and individualism are not the same thing. In some ways, they are practically opposites.

Even Joe is overreacting.
Biden actually said;

And he’s right.
Oh, well, IF Biden said it, it must be true. :rolleyes:
I guess Joe forget the "separate but equal" fight. It's only constitutional law.
No radical movement in living memory has presented a greater legitimate threat to our representative democracy than MAGA.

To deny that fact is to deny the reality we are living today.

Oh, well, IF Biden said it, it must be true. :rolleyes:
I guess Joe forget the "separate but equal" fight. It's only constitutional law.

The man is a complete puppet. His speech writers are all morons.
So much for his promise to UNITE the country...

The Base is much more psychotic than magats but sometimes i dunno.

Those guys actually believe the turner diaries is prophetic and not the deranged ramblings of a shitty writer who cant even hold his own protagonist to the same standards as all other members of the base. Those guys will literally kill little girls to start a race war.

Biden actually said;

And he’s right.

No radical movement in living memory has presented a greater legitimate threat to our representative democracy than MAGA.

To deny that fact is to deny the reality we are living today.

Except the entire left wing which advocates for more taxes, less voice in our children's education, commanding us to take a "vaccine", pay more to heat our homes and drive to work, be cautious about what we say on social media - just to list a FEW.

So pass a law. Suddenly, dems are afraid of democracy. Go figure.
The abuse of it, sure.

Edit: That's a bit simplistic though.
The issue is, we have forces currently trying to restrict and restrain democracy from electing the people it would, using methods of voter suppression.
Mostly, these are nothing in your face or blatant, but they still reduce the number of people who vote.

And democracy works best with more people voting.|

Edit 2: Hell, drawing districts that give one or the other party an edge or a nearly sure win probably suppresses the opposing vote a bit, if they're outnumbered by a large margin.

I know that several times over the past decade there has not been a democrat challenging the republican in the districts I live in.

Even his own party doesn't want him to run in 2024, but they can't get rid of him because Kamala's on deck, and Nancy's in the hole. :eek:

Democracy and individualism are not the same thing. In some ways, they are practically opposites.
So what? You want to break it down from federal to state. I say let's break it down further, to the individual. Freedom, right?

Because when he goes off their script, he speaks the silent part out loud.

“The idea that we’re gonna make a judgment that is going to say that no one can make the judgment to choose to abort a child based on a decision by the Supreme Court I think goes way overboard,” Biden said.

Because when he goes off their script, he speaks the silent part out loud.

“The idea that we’re gonna make a judgment that is going to say that no one can make the judgment to choose to abort a child based on a decision by the Supreme Court I think goes way overboard,” Biden said.

Has he lost his last marble? His statement indicates an extreme abuse of power.

President Biden on Wednesday said the "MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that's existed in American history," while speculating on how conservative state legislatures could respond to a potential Supreme Court ruling that would drastically curtail abortion access.

Why it matters: Biden, answering questions from reporters on a recent Politico leak of draft opinion indicating the Supreme Court has voted to overturn Roe v. Wade, suggested the draft goes against Supreme Court precedent that established a right to privacy.

What he said: "This is about a lot more than abortion," Biden said before asking what "the next things that are going to be attacked" might be.

• "What happens if you have states change the law saying that children who are LGBTQ can't be in classrooms with other children. Is that legit under the way the decision is written?"
snip
Apparently, your OP left out a word -- recent. Even the NY Post got it right. Of course, Fox didn't.

Except the entire left wing which advocates for more taxes, less voice in our children's education, commanding us to take a "vaccine", pay more to heat our homes and drive to work, be cautious about what we say on social media - just to list a FEW.
What nonsense.

Republicans want to raise taxes on half of Americans.

The Republican position on education is absurd. Bans things that don't exist in k12 schools like teaching sexuality to small children and crt......also bans books.

Oh and presidents and political parties don't have anything to do with what it costs to heat your home or drive to work. The oil market is global and fungible (look it up, this is basic stuff).

Social media companies are private and entitled to set their own terms of service. Etc.

So what. Then elect Democrats. And if Democrats can't get elected, maybe they should get better ideas, or someone should form a third party that has them.
You said pass a law. I asked what laws were R's interested in. You then spew about D's. How about R's do the job they were elected to do? The R's are clearly antidemocracy.

Everything you’ve said is false.

What isn’t false is that the majority of Republicans continue to believe, with absolutely no evidence, that Trump won in ‘20.

What isn’t false is that on January 6th, 2021, a massive mob of Trump supporters violently attacked the seat of our government, based on the ludicrous false claims of Trump.

What isn’t false is that gullible right wing, MAGA parents across America have swallowed, hook, line and sinker, the false narrative bogeyman of CRT being taught in public K-12 grade schools.

What isn’t false is that many Trump supporters throughout the Southeast and Midwest have died from Covid-19 because they believed the numerous outrageous bogus claims about vaccines.

And on, and on, and on ….

Extremism is in the eye of the beholder and subjective to one’s political views. This swing voter views both major parties as having become extremists and worst yet, ideologues. You have progressives on one side trying to enforce their beliefs on the rest of us via governmental powers and the Trumpers on the other side trying to do the same thing. There’s no middle ground anymore in our politics, both parties have expelled their moderates, are unwilling to compromise or play the old political game of give and take.
How do you know that?

Has he lost his last marble? His statement indicates an extreme abuse of power.
It completely blows up the framing of abortion by the pro-choice crowd. It's always a 'blob of cells' or a 'fetus' in order to dehumanize the object of the procedure.

He said recent

Your OP says:

“ President Biden on Wednesday said the "MAGA crowd is really the most extreme political organization that's existed in American history”

And that simply isn’t true.

That went out the window when Trump cultists decided they were far more loyal to Trump than the country.

You said pass a law. I asked what laws were R's interested in. You then spew about D's. How about R's do the job they were elected to do? The R's are clearly antidemocracy.

I said that in response to a ridiculous hypothetical posted by someone who obviously thinks it's something that Republicans would do, in a thread about a Democrat whining about the Supreme Court upholding a democratic decision by a state government.

Do try to keep up.

I said that in response to a ridiculous hypothetical posted by someone who obviously thinks it's something that Republicans would do, in a thread about a Democrat whining about the Supreme Court upholding a democratic decision by a state government.

Do try to keep up.
Talk about keep up, perhaps you should review Article 4 and the Supremacy Clause.

Back
Top Bottom