• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Loses Florida And Latinos

Noticed that typical liberalism really is nothing more than hate rhetoric and politics of personal destruction. Your 24/7 anti trump rhetoric is nothing more than diversion from the failure of your ideology shown in liberal cities all over the country. By all means keep diverting from liberal failures making fools out of millions

Coming from a devoted Trumkins, your words mean nothing.

Coming from a devoted Trumkins, your words mean nothing.

Right versus a devoted individual who focuses on 24/7 politics of personal destruction, hate rhetoric, and diverts from liberal results like you. Why do you waste your vote if you have nothing positive to vote for?

24/7 anti Trump advertising does work and that is so sad that it diverts from the reality of what Biden/Harris bring to the table. you will notice not much as the left refuses to even discuss the Biden record in public service, the radicalism of Harris, and the Biden/Harris agenda for the country. It remains 24/7 anti Trump totally ignoring actual verifiable results

Why would anyone vote for a D today expecting different results than the rioting in liberal cities all over the country, cities under liberal control for decades. Why support states like California and NY that are fiscal and social disasters that are driving taxpayers out of the state? Do the taxpayers really want to bail out these states for their fiscal irresponsibility and social engineering with federal dollars? Do the American people really want a SF liberal a heartbeat away from the Presidency?

What you continue to notice here is the new rules for radicals, divert from the liberal record and ignore anything negative keeping the focus on anti Trump politics of personal destruction

I don't belong to either party, I'm viewing this more as a strategist or perhaps an handicapper. I think Trump being so in your face and his obnoxious personality worked to his favor in the primaries and general election of 2016. It was new and it gained Trump perhaps a billion dollars of free media. Now since then, Trump's obnoxious personality, his rude persona has had four years to grate on folks. 2020 is entirely different from 2016.

What worked for Trump in 2016 is working against him in 2020. I've said all along, ever since Trump became president if Trump had the personality of a Reagan, a Bill Clinton or even an Obama, his approval ratings would have been 10 or plus points higher. He probably would either be neck and neck with Biden today or ahead. But 4 years of very unpresidential behavior and his childish antics of calling others names and his temper tantrums have cost him some support. Especially among swing voters, those non-affiliated, less to non-partisan folks.

It may be that they don't like Biden all that much, but Biden comes across as more of what they expect a president to act like. It's easy to dismiss this and go straight to policy. But I don't think these independents if you want to call them that has got that far. They see a man, a person, an individual they don't like the way he behaves and stops there.

Remember back in 2018 when a lot of Republicans, Trump supporters on this site were predicting the GOP would gain seats in the House because of the great economy. I said differently. I said Hillary Clinton wasn't on the ballot to save the Republicans in the midterms, that this would be a vote against Trump behavior and his uncouth personality. I hit that nail on the head with my forecast.

I don't think these folks, swing voters which Trump won in 2016, which went heavily Democratic in 2018 are that much for Biden. The support for him may be lukewarm if that. But I think, at least as of today, they'll vote for him because they dislike the person who is now president and his what is termed as childish, schoolyard bullying behavior. That isn't how most expect a president to act. Which brings me back to the beauty contest analogy. Then perceptions of the two candidates. Whether true or not is irrelevant, once a perception is gained, it is almost impossible to change.

Trump's only hope as I see it is to get this election away from personalities, projected persona of the two major party candidates which he is bound to lose if he doesn't. Back into the policy arena which with Trump always being Trump will be a very steep mountain to climb. My two cents anyway.

Last edited:
Right versus a devoted individual who focuses on 24/7 politics of personal destruction, hate rhetoric, and diverts from liberal results like you. Why do you waste your vote if you have nothing positive to vote for?

You are a Trumpkin. As such your prejudiced opinion does nothing but enable a mentally ill president who has through his inactions caused the deaths of over a hundred thousand Americans.

I don't belong to either party, I'm viewing this more as a strategist or perhaps an handicapper. I think Trump being so in your face and his obnoxious personality worked to his favor in the primaries and general election of 2016. It was new and it gained Trump perhaps a billion dollars of free media. Now since then, Trump's obnoxious personality, his rude persona has had four years to grate on folks. 2020 is entirely different from 2016.

What worked for Trump in 2016 is working against him in 2020. I've said all along, ever since Trump became president if Trump had the personality of a Reagan, a Bill Clinton or even an Obama, his approval ratings would have been 10 or plus points higher. He probably would either be neck and neck with Biden today or ahead. But 4 years of very unpresidential behavior and his childish antics of calling others names and his temper tantrums have cost him some support. Especially among swing voters, those non-affiliated, less to non-partisan folks.

It may be that they don't like Biden all that much, but Biden comes across as more of what they expect a president to act like. It's easy to dismiss this and go straight to policy. But I don't think these independents if you want to call them that has got that far. They see a man, a person, an individual they don't like the way he behaves and stops there.

Remember back in 2018 when a lot of Republicans, Trump supporters on this site were predicting the GOP would gain seats in the House because of the great economy. I said differently. I said Hillary Clinton wasn't on the ballot to save the Republicans in the midterms, that this would be a vote against Trump behavior and his uncouth personality. I hit that nail on the head with my forecast.

I don't think these folks, swing voters which Trump won in 2016, which went heavily Democratic in 2018 are that much for Biden. The support for him may be lukewarm if that. But I think, at least as of today, they'll vote for him because they dislike the person who is now president and his what is termed as childish, schoolyard bullying behavior. That isn't how most expect a president to act. Which brings me back to the beauty contest analogy. Then perceptions of the two candidates. Whether true or not is irrelevant, once a perception is gained, it is almost impossible to change.

Trump's only hope as I see it is to get this election away from personalities, projected persona of the two major party candidates which he is bound to lose if he doesn't. Back into the policy arena which with Trump always being Trump will be a very steep mountain to climb. My two cents anyway.
I do appreciate your Comments but I don't believe that this is a beauty contest! There's way too much violence in the streets to justify voting for another liberal especially one as radical as Harris and people better wake up to that alternative and that option

Spending 24/7 demonizing trump seems to be the left's campaign tactic, only those that buy the Kool aid from the left are going to the polls because of hatred.

It remains the economy as people will always vote their own self interests and trump's approval rating on the economy is still over 50%

I have yet to see one Biden supporter offer a valid reason to vote for Biden as his administration agenda has fallen flat on its face and cannot be promoted

People better wake up to the reality that kamala Harris is a heart beat from the presidency if Biden wins and that really is what this election is all about as Biden will not survive a first term

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I do appreciate your Comments but I don't believe that this is a beauty contest! There's way too much violence in the streets to justify voting for another liberal especially one as radical as Harris and people better wake up to that alternative and that option

Spending 24/7 demonizing trump seems to be the left's campaign tactic, only those that buy the Kool aid from the left are going to the polls because of hatred.

It remains the economy as people will always vote their own self interests and trump's approval rating on the economy is still over 50%

I have yet to see one Biden supporter offer a valid reason to vote for Biden as his administration agenda has fallen flat on its face and cannot be promoted

People better wake up to the reality that kamala Harris is a heart beat from the presidency if Biden wins and that really is what this election is all about as Biden will not survive a first term

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

That fine, but let's put that in perspective. Trump's job approval on the economy, Nov 2018, 52% approval, 42% disapproval. Yet independents voted for congressional Democrats by a 54-42 margin. These same independents had voted for Trump in 2016 46-42 with 12% voting against both Clinton and Trump via third party candidates. The economy didn't save GOP congressional candidates which lost 40 seats.

Today, Trump does have a 50% approval on the economy vs. 46.5% disapproval. A bit worse than in 2018.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Trump Job Approval - Economy

The disconnect, overall job approval Nov 2018, 42% approval, 54% disapproval. My conclusion in 2018 was something else was driving down Trump overall approval numbers other than the economy. Today, Trump is at 44% overall approval, still 54% disapproval. That disconnect is still there.

President Trump Job Approval | Election Other | RealClearPolitics

Folks may approve of Trump handling of the economy, but disapprove on numerous other issues. Perhaps his COVID handling over rides the economy also, although both are directly connected. Trump is down to only 41% approval, 56% disapproval on his handling of COVID.

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus

Normally any presidents overall job performance is within a point or two of his approval on the economy. Not a huge 10 point difference more or less. My conclusion here is people are viewing Trump differently than any other president. Then I ask why which leads me back to one thing. His personality. the way he acts as president, which is so unique and different, that in the end it doesn't matter how good the economy is or what his approval number is on the economy. Folks don't like him. And as history has shown, folks usually don't vote for someone they dislike.

We'll see, there's still the debates and two months of campaigning. But I think when folks have made up their minds they don't like someone for whatever reason, it's awful hard to change their minds. I've also said this numerous times, I believe, truly believe that the Republicans and pro Trump supporters don't have an inkling on how his uncouth personality is affecting swing voters who aren't affiliate with either party. Hence the 2018 results which 2020 looks at this time that these results will be close to 2018's. That could change if Trump can get this election back on policy and issues instead of personality. I doubt that, but there's always a chance he could.

Cubans. Biden is losing ground with Cubans. It's not indicative of any sort of national trend among Latinos, more broadly.

Cubans have been Republicans every since fleeing Castro.

Younger Cubans are starting to see the light

Back
Top Bottom