• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden leads Trump on Most Issues, Except

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
a chief one to voters according to NBCNews. This is concerning for the Biden campaign

--------------------------

The NBC News/WSJ survey suggests that as of right now, the economy is the main issue on people’s minds, and on that issue, Trump leads Biden by 10 points.

Biden leads Trump on most issues, except a chief one to voters

From your very article.....

Right now, with Biden holding a 9-point lead in the poll overall, the economy alone doesn’t appear to hold the power it usually does. The Trump campaign has about 12 weeks to figure out how to change that storyline.

Trump will also be held accountable for the eviction cases now being filed in the courts.

a chief one to voters according to NBCNews. This is concerning for the Biden campaign

The NBC News/WSJ survey suggests that as of right now, the economy is the main issue on people’s minds, and on that issue, Trump leads Biden by 10 points.

...which makes no real sense.... The economy has pretty much cratered because of Trump's inept handling of the pandemic.

The economy is going to get worse before it gets better. 15% of the economy, travel and entertainment are essentially not happening until the virus is brought under control. The financial impact on state and local governments means layoffs are ahead. The airlines will be beginning wholesale layoffs on October 1, unless there is another bailout for them. Construction: in the tank... no one is going to build hotels or office space for the foreseeable future. Boeing, layoffs ahead. Airlines do not need new airplanes. We could go on and on.

You can't do anything with the economy until the virus is under-control, and Trump wants no part of that.

Last edited:
Hahahahahahahahaha, only a Trumpster would try to claim this train-wreck of an economy is a benefit to Trump this election. :lamo Completely delusional.

Quantify main? And Trump is what is, the fear of Biden, is lessened greatly by his being intrinsically part of a WINNING administration. A SCANDALess administration. A forward thinking administration. The administration that had a roadmap to BEATING a virus into relative and manageable obscrurity. There ISSSSSSSSS no economy, and never will be, if the virus rampages.

Hahahahahahahahaha, only a Trumpster would try to claim this train-wreck of an economy is a benefit to Trump this election. :lamo Completely delusional.

Actually my link is to unarguably liberal NBC.

...which makes no real sense.... The economy has pretty much cratered because of Trump's inept handling of the pandemic.

The economy is going to get worse before it gets better. 15% of the economy, travel and entertainment are essentially not happening until the virus is brought under control. The financial impact on state and local governments means layoffs are ahead. The airlines will be beginning wholesale layoffs on October 1, unless there is another bailout for them. Construction: in the tank... no one is going to build hotels or office space for the foreseeable future. Boeing, layoffs ahead. Airlines do not need new airplanes. We could go on and on.

You can't do anything with the economy until the virus is under-control, and Trump wants no part of that.

The economy is hampered by the over exaggeration of Covid deaths. Take out NY, NJ and MA and the numbers drop dramatically. You can blame the governors and mayors of those states for teh huge death ratio in those states as they did nothing to be prepared and nothing after except defy Trumps suggestions. The left ignore the fault of these democrats. When yo compare deaths in red states to population you see the chances of catching covid and dying from it are remarkably small unless you have some major other medical condition. Obesity, diabetes, heart or respiratory problems. It's a political game being pushed by the left politicians.

So tell us, how is that possible? Our gdp last month was a minus, millions out of work, the virus still running rampant putting a damper on future business and the trump supporters still think he's doing a good job with the economy. What a laugh, just proves how stupid the gop base is.

Gotta love how vapid and shallow the electorate can be.

Older black voters loved Biden in the primary despite his terrible civil rights record, presumably due to his association with Obama.

Meanwhile, the general populace thinks Trump is better on the economy despite him being instrumental in leading it to this current state of ruin, historical unemployment and asset bubbles disconnected from the real economy presumably because 'hurr durr (failed) businessman'.

Thanks for posting this.

Here is what I find confusing: If the economy is the top issue, and Trump is more trusted on the economy, why is Trump losing to Biden by nearly double digits?

The only conclusion I can think of is, those other issues where Biden beats Trump sum to become a greater weighted quantity than the economy.

Unless you have another theory?

Thanks for posting this.

Here is what I find confusing: If the economy is the top issue, and Trump is more trusted on the economy, why is Trump losing to Biden by nearly double digits?

The only conclusion I can think of is, those other issues where Biden beats Trump sum to become a greater weighted quantity than the economy.

Unless you have another theory?

Key is... Yes, Trump leads by 10 points on a key metric issue, however, those surveyed are not assumed Republican voters

Key is... Yes, Trump leads by 10 points on a key metric issue, however, those surveyed are not assumed Republican voters
You lost me here.

So tell us, how is that possible? Our gdp last month was a minus, millions out of work, the virus still running rampant putting a damper on future business and the trump supporters still think he's doing a good job with the economy. What a laugh, just proves how stupid the gop base is.

I have always found this baffling. Although the stock market benefits a small number of most people in red states they think when the market is good, the economy is good.

I have always found this baffling. Although the stock market benefits a small number of most people in red states they think when the market is good, the economy is good.

I see no reason why the stock markets are where they are? In my opinion it's a house of cards. Are orders flowing in? Is manufacturing picking up? Home sales? Durable goods? What? Just like our money in america, eighty percent of the stocks are owned by twenty percent of the people.

Well goody for him... As your own article stated, unless he can make that the deciding metric by Nov 3rd, he is toast...

In this particular poll?
Yes. It's in the body of the article. Trump beats Biden by 10 pts on the economy, yet Biden beats Trump by 9 pts in a 'head-to-head match-up'.

We could get the virus under excellent control in a matter of four weeks. Ironically shutting nearly everything down to accomplish that would INCREASE the re-election chances of the White House donkey.

Plus the disconnect between the markets and the economy is odd, too.

But to your claim, it's my understanding that fully half the country holds equities in some form.

I see no reason why the stock markets are where they are? In my opinion it's a house of cards. Are orders flowing in? Is manufacturing picking up? Home sales? Durable goods? What? Just like our money in america, eighty percent of the stocks are owned by twenty percent of the people.
I just remarked to this in my post above. Yeah, I agree. Though the markets are forward looking, so they're apparently rosy on the future!

"Then the COVID-19 pandemic hit, sending the economy into a new recession and cancelling out nearly all of the employment gains of the last 10 years in a matter of months."

Plus the disconnect between the markets and the economy is odd, too.

But to your claim, it's my understanding that fully half the country holds equities in some form.

I don’t know if that is true, do you?

Yes. It's in the body of the article. Trump beats Biden by 10 pts on the economy, yet Biden beats Trump by 9 pts in a 'head-to-head match-up'.

I think it's extremely likely that pollsters tend to reach people who have more spare time during the workday. And these are voters who are less likely to prioritize the economy, compared to other issues.

Voters who are working like clockwork running 12-hour shifts at restaurants most likely don't have to spare time to spend 30 minutes on the phone with a pollster. And are probably at work, unable to answer their phones.

I think this is why the 2016 swing state polls were so off, in particular.

Back
Top Bottom