• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden leads Trump on Most Issues, Except

a chief one to voters according to NBCNews. This is concerning for the Biden campaign

--------------------------

The NBC News/WSJ survey suggests that as of right now, the economy is the main issue on people’s minds, and on that issue, Trump leads Biden by 10 points.

Biden leads Trump on most issues, except a chief one to voters
Republicans for Biden are a far greater problem for Trump than any smear he can throw at Biden or Harris. Enjoy Kasich tomorrow night at the DNC convention.

See Sen. Manchin’s absolute beat down of the GOP for their sabotage of the USPS and how it hurts rural folks in West Virginia and farm states.

Plus the disconnect between the markets and the economy is odd, too.

But to your claim, it's my understanding that fully half the country holds equities in some form.

Currently the number is about 55% have something in the market. It is down a little from a decade ago. However, the startling number is that approximately 84% of the market is owned by the richest 10%.

Currently the number is about 55% have something in the market. It is down a little from a decade ago. However, the startling number is that approximately 84% of the market is owned by the richest 10%.
Thanks for the confirmation and additional data!

I think it's extremely likely that pollsters tend to reach people who have more spare time during the workday. And these are voters who are less likely to prioritize the economy, compared to other issues.

Voters who are working like clockwork running 12-hour shifts at restaurants most likely don't have to spare time to spend 30 minutes on the phone with a pollster. And are probably at work, unable to answer their phones.

I think this is why the 2016 swing state polls were so off, in particular.
I don't remember the swing-state polls being off, 'so far'. I remember maybe an aggregate 2 pts, or so. But yes, individual state polls do vary more than national counts. The national polls, in terms of the vote, we're markedly accurate. And everything got way better in 2018. That was scarily accurate.

Why do the words "It's the economy, stupid" come to mind? Some times Democrats accidentally say something intelligent. :lamo

Last month, those numbers were 37 percent approve, 59 percent disapprove.

The president’s overall job rating stands at 44 percent approve, 53 percent disapprove, another slight improvement from July (when it was 42 percent approve, 56 percent disapprove).

And on the economy, only 22 percent describe current economic conditions as either “excellent” or “good," down from 29 percent who said this back in June.

By contrast, a whopping 77 percent say the economy is either “only fair” or “poor,” which is up from 68 percent two months ago.

Biden remains ahead of Trump nationally on eve of conventions in NBC News/WSJ poll

We could get the virus under excellent control in a matter of four weeks. Ironically shutting nearly everything down to accomplish that would INCREASE the re-election chances of the White House donkey.
One would think the bolded is true. But he's afraid to do it, and maybe he knows his base better than we. They might abandon him. At least enough of them.

One would think the bolded is true. But he's afraid to do it, and maybe he knows his base better than we. They might abandon him. At least enough of them.
Honestly, hasn't he already done that? Didn't we have a massive shutdown in mid-March. And then Trump claimed he had the authority to dictate he had the power to order states to open or close; and then was told "no, you don't. That's a power reserved by the Constitution for the individual states".

Yeah, Trump has been a cheerleader for opening up, because his duties comprise more than just fighting the virus; he has to keep people housed and fed. And employed. He understands we can keep people under house arrest and send them money we as a nation have to borrow (and pay back some day).

So, Trump roots for opening up, but the AUTHORITY and RESPONSIBILITY falls to state governments. As I wrote a few weeks ago, the responsibility for the outbreaks and super spreaders belongs to the people who participate into those events. Spring breakers, those folks that splashed around in those gigantic pool parties, or huge Fourth of July celebrations. Or "peaceful demonstrators".

Why do the words "It's the economy, stupid" come to mind? Some times Democrats accidentally say something intelligent. :lamo
How is our economic collapse and disaster doing CURRENTLY do to Trump’s epic incompetence on COVID-19?

a chief one to voters according to NBCNews. This is concerning for the Biden campaign

The NBC News/WSJ survey suggests that as of right now, the economy is the main issue on people’s minds, and on that issue, Trump leads Biden by 10 points.

It’s the economy, stupid. Biden will win if he doesn’t talk much. But, the question is, what kind of sex is Biden into. Trump likes women peeing on each other. Or not, who knows. But what about Biden? Maybe kinky like Trump? I wonder if he has sex with women who make money by have sex with people in front of cameras. Let’s hope so. I don’t want a boring election.

It’s the economy, stupid. Biden will win if he doesn’t talk much. But, the question is, what kind of sex is Biden into. Trump likes women peeing on each other. Or not, who knows. But what about Biden? Maybe kinky like Trump? I wonder if he has sex with women who make money by have sex with people in front of cameras. Let’s hope so. I don’t want a boring election.

Lol do you have any boundaries? :mrgreen:

How is our economic collapse and disaster doing CURRENTLY do to Trump’s epic incompetence on COVID-19?
Latest jobs report showed payroll employment higher than Obama had for the first 5 1/2 years of his economic miracle.

If that is the case, he has less than 90 days for the economy to turn around.

Good luck!

Not as many Trump voters voted in 2018.

The Trump voters throw all the polls off.
I'm not sure about that, but I will leave open that possibility.

But with Trump campaigning for and asking support in those races, why didn't his supporters come out?

Latest jobs report showed payroll employment higher than Obama had for the first 5 1/2 years of his economic miracle.
Yeah, but the July jobs numbers growth greatly decreased over that of the previous two months - by over 50%. He needs to add jobs, and the pace seems to be significantly slowing.

Yeah, but the July jobs numbers growth greatly decreased over that of the previous two months - by over 50%. He needs to add jobs, and the pace seems to be significantly slowing.
Not sure a couple of months is a valid sample size. :wink:

You know....doing the right thing is beyond politics. How many lives would be saved by shutting down everything for four weeks, except for emergency visits for medical care and maintenance of the infrastructure. Highways would be closed; travel forbidden except emergencies, and it would be enforced. Fair warning could be given to everyone that this will happen-stock up supplies and those who can't afford four weeks of supplies will be given food to last them. Then everyone can go back to work, school etc without fear. There will be sporadic outbreaks that can be isolated and traced. I don't know about the rest of you all, but I am getting sick of this, sick of reading that another 1000 Americans died today. Its in our power to end this.....if we had the cajones to do it.

You know....doing the right thing is beyond politics. How many lives would be saved by shutting down everything for four weeks, except for emergency visits for medical care and maintenance of the infrastructure. Highways would be closed; travel forbidden except emergencies, and it would be enforced. Fair warning could be given to everyone that this will happen-stock up supplies and those who can't afford four weeks of supplies will be given food to last them. Then everyone can go back to work, school etc without fear. There will be sporadic outbreaks that can be isolated and traced. I don't know about the rest of you all, but I am getting sick of this, sick of reading that another 1000 Americans died today. Its in our power to end this.....if we had the cajones to do it.
Agreed. It really not complicated. Shut-down until the virus recedes to a low manageable level. Then test, contact trace, quarantine. That's how NYC got themselves on the right track. They contact trace every positive. They bring you food if needed, while quarantined. Many Asian countries do similarly.

The only problem is we've really let this infection get into every nook & cranny in the country. So it's a huge undertaking. But still, the basics apply.

From your very article.....

Trump will also be held accountable for the eviction cases now being filed in the courts.

While democrats destroy America Trump will be held accountable by more flamingly partisan persecuting democrat prosecutors backed by the leftist media and leftist court judges.

OMG!

Doesn't anyone get it?

Democrats reduce deficits and hand over growing economies.

Republicans cut taxes for the rich so that revenue does not keep up with deficit and strain is put on the lending pool to produce a lending bubble and crash.

Agreed. It really not complicated. Shut-down until the virus recedes to a low manageable level. Then test, contact trace, quarantine. That's how NYC got themselves on the right track. They contact trace every positive. They bring you food if needed, while quarantined. Many Asian countries do similarly.

The only problem is we've really let this infection get into every nook & cranny in the country. So it's a huge undertaking. But still, the basics apply.

This president will never do it. He is too concerned about his re-election and about himself in general. He would easily win re-election if he led the country to beating this thing.

Its going to have to wait until after January 20th , and after tens of thousands more lives are lost.

It wouldn’t be easy, and it would be a logistical nightmare-and compliance wouldn’t be 100%, but it can and SHOULD be done.
We cannot wait for a vaccine to ride in on a white horse to save the day. This isn’t an episode of The Lone Ranger

While democrats destroy America Trump will be held accountable by more flamingly partisan persecuting democrat prosecutors backed by the leftist media and leftist court judges.

The Republicans have the White House, the Senate, and five of the nine Supreme Court justices.

They have done a stellar job of destroying the country without the help of democrats.

Back
Top Bottom