• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden leads Trump nationally by 9 points, with suburbs focused on coronavirus, not crime: poll

As long as Biden's voters are dumber than he is ,he has a chance.Never under estimate the ignorance of the democratic voter.
Interesting that you think Biden voters are dumber than Trump voters, when we look at education levels, we see that Biden voters have higher education. We can't conclusively state that lack of college education means one is dumb, we can assume that those with post graduate degrees aren't dumber than non-college educated people.

Preference for president

BidenTrump
Some college 4744
College graduate6131
Post graduates6528

Source:
Biden Leads Trump, 50% to 41%, in Poll Ahead of Party Conventions - WSJ

Last edited:
Interesting that you think Biden voters are dumber than Trump voters, when we look at education levels, we see that Biden voters have higher education. We can't conclusively state that lack of college education means one is dumb, we can assume that those with post graduate degrees aren't dumber than non-college educated people.

Preference for president

BidenTrump
Some college 4744
College graduate6131
Post graduates6528

Source:
Biden Leads Trump, 50% to 41%, in Poll Ahead of Party Conventions - WSJ

Wish they would have polled high school dropouts as I believe Trump would have a landslide.

Trump has a path to victory. Considering that we expect him and Russia to push their thumb on the scales too, this should not be underestimated.

If you want to help, you can sign up with votefwd.org, to call Democrats in swing states to influence them to vote. I'm doing that and encouraging voters to vote in-person, to avoid Postal shenanigans and vote early, to avoid crowds.

I like the League of Women Voters. They claim to be nonpartisan, but all of their positions on state issues are liberal.

My neighbor is very active in the Alachua County Democratic Party, directly communicating with people who know the candidates. At least once she volunteered at an election.

Trump’s The Choice For Voters Who’ve Experienced Violent Protests - Rasmussen Reports(R)

Nearly all the polling firms BTW are trending towards Trump, regardless of their political leaning and Biden's margin.

It beats me why people are "for" Trump because of his "Law and Order" message when if we look around the country, there has been more ongoing rioting and vandalism, attacks against police in the past four months than I remember in decades. Handsome is as handsome does. The proof is in the pudding. Trump's Law and Order rhetoric is nothing but hot air and empty promises. He hasn't delivered, not by a long shot. I just don't get that one.

Biden leads Trump nationally by 9 points, with suburbs focused on coronavirus, not crime: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden leads Republican President Donald Trump nationally among likely U.S. voters by 9 percentage points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that showed Trump’s “law and order” message falling short with its target audience of suburban voters.

The Sept. 11-15 opinion poll, released on Wednesday, found that 50% of likely voters said they were casting their ballots for Biden while 41% were doing the same for Trump. Another 3% said they would support a third-party candidate and the rest were undecided.

The poll also showed that most American voters were locked in on their choice for president. Nine out of 10 likely Biden voters and 8 out of 10 likely Trump voters said they were “completely certain” about their choice for president. Only 1 in 10 likely Biden voters and fewer than 2 in 10 likely Trump voters appeared to be wavering in their choice.

The poll suggests that Biden has an early advantage in securing the national popular vote in the Nov. 3 presidential election. Still, 9% of likely voters are undecided or have not yet supported either major-party candidate. Their decision in coming weeks could determine who wins.

Winning the national popular vote does not necessarily mean winning the election, which is decided by the state-by-state Electoral College system. Trump won in 2016 despite losing the popular vote.

Trump, who has trailed Biden in most national surveys this year, has spent recent months trying to refocus his campaign on the anti-racism protests that have spread across the country following the killing of African Americans including George Floyd in confrontations with police.
==============================================================
Trump has done virtually nothing to stem the spread of the virus. Despite civil unrest in certain cities, most people are focused on the virus.

I prefer to go by RCP averages instead of a single poll. Averaging helps eliminate any skewed polls and gives us in my opinion a more accurate measure of where things stand today. These polls show that, not what will happen in November although one can deduce trends.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

It's interesting you have the poll you cited released on the same day showing Biden up by 9, another released on the same day had Trump up by 1 and a third Biden by 9. Looking at all those polls, I think RCP's average of a 5.9 point lead is probably closer to the truth than having Biden up by 9 or Trump leading by 1. But to each his own.

It beats me why people are "for" Trump because of his "Law and Order" message when if we look around the country, there has been more ongoing rioting and vandalism, attacks against police in the past four months than I remember in decades. Handsome is as handsome does. The proof is in the pudding. Trump's Law and Order rhetoric is nothing but hot air and empty promises. He hasn't delivered, not by a long shot. I just don't get that one.
The message of “the country has gone hell in a handbook under my watch, so you must re-elect me,” doesn’t play well.

The message of “the country has gone hell in a handbook under my watch, so you must re-elect me,” doesn’t play well.

2016 trump campaign: "Obama made America suck! Vote for me and I'll make it better!"

2020 trump campaign: ...

The violence is a city issue, unless the mayor of a particular city requests assistance from the governor. Then it becomes a state issue or the governor's problem. The governor has the tools available to stop the violence if the governor chooses to. Only if the governor requests federal assistance does the violence become a federal issue which as far as I know hasn't happened. So Trump outside of his big mouth can't do a thing about the violence and riots unless his assistance is requested.

It's the cities that hire the police, that train the police, that give them the rules and regulations the police of that city must follow, the cities fund the police, the police belong to the city, the city is totally responsible for them. Not the state or to the federal government.

With all the riots and violence occurring in Democratic controlled cities and states, it seems Trump thinks he can play the law and order card. Trump doesn't have the political savvy or the fineness to play that card properly or effectively. He's like a bull in the china shop. There have been presidents and presidential candidates who have played that card very effectively. Trump isn't one of those. A more tactful president with some political fineness and savvy could make hay out of this. Trump doesn't have a single one of those qualities.

One needs to remember, first one must stop the riots and violence and then work on solving the problem. That's all a city problem. Not a federal one. If the city can't handle it, then it needs to request assistance from the governor who has the tools at his disposal to take care of it. If the governor is willing.

The only people that buy the "BLM rioters and looters are coming to burn down the suburbs" are people that were already going to vote for Trump. It would be like Biden basing their campaign message around climate change, anyone that would be motivated by that would already be voting for Biden anyway.

Much akin to preaching to the choir.

2016 trump campaign: "Obama made America suck! Vote for me and I'll make it better!"

2020 trump campaign: ...

2016: “what do you have to lose?”
2020: “cities are in flames!”

Biden leads Trump nationally by 9 points, with suburbs focused on coronavirus, not crime: Reuters/Ipsos poll | Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden leads Republican President Donald Trump nationally among likely U.S. voters by 9 percentage points, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll that showed Trump’s “law and order” message falling short with its target audience of suburban voters.

The Sept. 11-15 opinion poll, released on Wednesday, found that 50% of likely voters said they were casting their ballots for Biden while 41% were doing the same for Trump. Another 3% said they would support a third-party candidate and the rest were undecided.

The poll also showed that most American voters were locked in on their choice for president. Nine out of 10 likely Biden voters and 8 out of 10 likely Trump voters said they were “completely certain” about their choice for president. Only 1 in 10 likely Biden voters and fewer than 2 in 10 likely Trump voters appeared to be wavering in their choice.

The poll suggests that Biden has an early advantage in securing the national popular vote in the Nov. 3 presidential election. Still, 9% of likely voters are undecided or have not yet supported either major-party candidate. Their decision in coming weeks could determine who wins.

Winning the national popular vote does not necessarily mean winning the election, which is decided by the state-by-state Electoral College system. Trump won in 2016 despite losing the popular vote.

Trump, who has trailed Biden in most national surveys this year, has spent recent months trying to refocus his campaign on the anti-racism protests that have spread across the country following the killing of African Americans including George Floyd in confrontations with police.
Trump has done virtually nothing to stem the spread of the virus. Despite civil unrest in certain cities, most people are focused on the virus.

Can Biden screw up- yep
Why was he late in going to a crucial State, Florida.

One major reason Bass was tossed are due to her Cuban policy/outreach

Goes down to tossup States, so national leads, while sounding great avoid the real battles coming

With mail in ballots, States Laws, court cases will be wild

Ground game in these States are critical

Saw Bloomberg thru 100 M into Fl.

That should be a warning sign

Funny this is pushed at the same time other pollsters show biden byplus 3-5 and rasmeussen has trump plus one on the general election

Can Biden screw up- yep
Why was he late in going to a crucial State, Florida.

One major reason Bass was tossed are due to her Cuban policy/outreach

Goes down to tossup States, so national leads, while sounding great avoid the real battles coming

With mail in ballots, States Laws, court cases will be wild

Ground game in these States are critical

Saw Bloomberg thru 100 M into Fl.

That should be a warning sign

bloomber throwing 100m in florida sounds more like desperation than a warning.

Polls tell one thing, internal pollsters tell another, the problem is internal pollsters do not report to the public, their goal is not to show the public general opinion, but rather internal pollsters job is to poll as accurate as possible to aid a candidate or party in election strategy. My guess is with bloomberg throwing around such money for biden that internal polls are showing biden in a very poor light especially in certain states like florida.

bloomber throwing 100m in florida sounds more like desperation than a warning.

Polls tell one thing, internal pollsters tell another, the problem is internal pollsters do not report to the public, their goal is not to show the public general opinion, but rather internal pollsters job is to poll as accurate as possible to aid a candidate or party in election strategy. My guess is with bloomberg throwing around such money for biden that internal polls are showing biden in a very poor light especially in certain states like florida.

Biden is doing poorly in Fl with Cuban Americans, a significant vote block

Biden is doing poorly in Fl with Cuban Americans, a significant vote block

Generally he is doing poorly with hispanics in general, and is doing poor with the black population, granted he is ahead of trump on both, by comparisons to past elections biden has lost ground on minorities to republicans, something not often seen in elections since the southern move by nixon.

I agree. There is no doubt Biden will win the national popular vote. The only issue is whether he’ll win the key states needed to win the EC.

Looking at how biden is reacting and fumbling, and democrat donors going haywire, I am almost convinced the polls are going overboard on democrat lean while internal polls are saying otherwise.

If my theory is true even with how it is today before debates the reality of trump winning the popular vote is somewhere around a 30% chance, and electoral vote around a 50% chance or better.

Really?

Rasmussen how has Trump winning the national popular vote by 1 point.

Biden’s RCP lead is down to +6.2, the lowest it’s been since the pandemic hit.

Try to use your favorite conspiracy theory line on this one lol.

Nobody outside of MAGA rallies listens to Rasmussen.

2016: “what do you have to lose?”
2020: “cities are in flames!”
Makes you wonder what Democrats will do if he wins again. Blow their cities up?

So... no actual data to support that claim, thanks.

Me: posts a link containing copious amounts of data
Taylor: yOu DiDn'T pOsT dAtA

Makes you wonder what Democrats will do if he wins again. Blow their cities up?

You probably want this. Your ilk has been hoping for the Reichstag fire.

He should dust off the caravan again, maybe that one will work this time.

I do like a greatest hits package every now and again.
I am sure he will put it back in the setlist soon.

Back
Top Bottom