• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Lags with Florida Hispanics

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
MIAMI — Joe Biden is underperforming among Florida Hispanic voters while Donald Trump has marginally increased his numbers from 2016, according to a new poll in the must-win battleground state for the president.

Biden leads Trump among Hispanics by 53-37 percent in the poll conducted for Equis Research, a Democratic Latino research firm. While his advantage seems large, Biden’s 16-percentage point margin spells potential trouble for him because it’s 11 points lower than what Hillary Clinton received in 2016 exit polls, when she lost the state to Trump.

At the same time, Trump is running slightly ahead of his statewide Hispanic performance in 2016 by about 2 points thanks to increased backing from conservative Cuban-American voters and additional support from a broader coalition of Latino voters, specifically men, whom the president’s campaign has courted.

Biden lags among Florida Hispanic voters - POLITICO

Someone should tell these Florida Hispanics, many of whom are Cubans and others from Latin American dictatorships, that Joey wants to re-establish his former boss's lovefest with Cuba.

Someone should tell these Florida Hispanics, many of whom are Cubans and others from Latin American dictatorships, that Joey wants to re-establish his former boss's lovefest with Cuba.

Cuban immigrants are basically single issue voters, and single issue voters are, as a rule, total maniacs. When Trump puts Latino children in cages and exiles their parents just to be a dick, Cubans aren't saying, "Hey, that's our people they're treating like animals."

Cuban immigrants are basically single issue voters, and single issue voters are, as a rule, total maniacs. When Trump puts Latino children in cages and exiles their parents just to be a dick, Cubans aren't saying, "Hey, that's our people they're treating like animals."

No you are oh so wrong! They want everyone to follow the immigration rules like they did to come legally to our country.
Don't try to jump the line. Don't break the law.

PS Obama was the guy who set up cages for the kids! Guess you forgot!

Cuban immigrants will remember what Biden did with Cuba...... And they are not happy with him.

Cuban Americans are some of the staunchest republicans in America.

The old ones, anyway. They hate Castro.

No you are oh so wrong! They want everyone to follow the immigration rules like they did to come legally to our country.

Cuban immigrants will remember what Biden did with Cuba...... And they are not happy with him.

I see. So if Latino immigrants come to the United States and are here for one year they can automatically become US residents? That's the immigration rule?

Biden will be fine once he reminds latinos that they are not real latinos unless they vote for him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In other news, Trump lags with Florida seniors. The net-net, Biden is up in Florida. Trump can not win without Florida, but Biden can.

Trump losing ground among retirees in must-win Florida
Trump'''s polling trend in Florida spells trouble among seniors - Business Insider
Donald Trump Needs Florida. Does Florida Still Want Trump? | Time

Poll shows Joe Biden 3 points ahead of Trump in Florida - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
[url]https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-election-forecast/florida/

[/URL]

I see. So if Latino immigrants come to the United States and are here for one year they can automatically become US residents? That's the immigration rule?

Race has nothing to do with immigration rules. All immigrants are required to have visas (not the credit card) to stay here for a certain number of days. Before applying for citizenship, immigrants must demonstrate job skills to prove they can benefit society. For example, nail artists are usually Asian. The lady who does my pedicures is from Iran. You would never know that by looking at her, but she has a heavy accent. People have to be in the country 5 straight years to become naturalized Americans citizens That is when they can finally apply for the right vote.

Interesting but Hispanics underperform their polling so I wouldn't bank too heavily on the poll with COVID likely to depress turn out on top of theie inclination not to vote.

Cuban Americans are some of the staunchest Republicans in America.

The old ones, anyway. They hate Castro.

Except they voted for Joe Biden during the Democratic primary election. Now they have a chance to vote for him again with a half-Jamaican running mate.

Last edited:

Come on!

For decades Cuban immigrants got the benefits of favorable immigration laws and were not treated like other Latino immigrants

Wet feet, dry feet policy - Wikipedia

The wet feet, dry feet policy or wet foot, dry foot policy was the name given to a former interpretation of the 1995 revision of the application of the Cuban Adjustment Act of 1966 that essentially says that anyone who emigrated from Cuba and entered the United States would be allowed to pursue residency a year later. Prior to 1995, the U.S. government allowed all Cubans who reached U.S. territorial waters to remain in the U.S. After talks with the Cuban government, the Bill Clinton administration came to an agreement with Cuba that it would stop admitting people intercepted in U.S. waters. For two decades thereafter, any Cuban caught on the waters between the two nations (with "wet feet") would summarily be returned to Cuba or sent to a third country, while one who made it to shore ("dry feet") got a chance to remain in the United States, and later would qualify for expedited "legal permanent resident" status in accordance with the 1966 Act and eventually U.S. citizenship. On January 12, 2017, Barack Obama announced the immediate end of the policy.

Race has nothing to do with immigration rules. All immigrants are required to have visas (not the credit card) to stay here for a certain number of days. Before applying for citizenship, immigrants must demonstrate job skills to prove they can benefit society. For example, nail artists are usually Asian. The lady who does my pedicures is from Iran. You would never know that by looking at her, but she has a heavy accent. People have to be in the country 5 straight years to become naturalized Americans citizens That is when they can finally apply for the right vote.

It was the cold war poltics that made immigration laws favorable to immigrants from the communist Cuba. And as an immigrant here from Europe who is married to a US citizen, I will agree with what you say nd add than not even the spouce of an American citizen can become a citizen after just a year! The Cubans had a sweet deal for years.

Interesting but Hispanics underperform their polling so I wouldn't bank too heavily on the poll with COVID likely to depress turn out on top of their inclination not to vote.

There is this system called mail-in voting every educated voter knows about . . . And you think Cuban Americans will skip the election? BTW Florida voting begins on October 20. They have two weeks to do it.

It was the Cold War politics that made immigration laws favorable to immigrants from the Communist Cuba. And as an immigrant here from Europe who is married to a US citizen, I will agree with what you say and add than not even the spouse of an American citizen can become a citizen after just a year! The Cubans had a sweet deal for years.

I know. My former supervisor married an immigrant from Ecuador. Once I told him to tell her to vote for someone or something. (He is also a liberal.) He said, "She is not an American citizen." This was YEARS after they got married.

This is why Biden was caught lamenting that he can't take the hispanic vote for granted like he can with the black vote.

Cubans had an easy way to "come here legally". They just had to make it to shore. A privilege they seem happy to deny to new immigrants.

There is this system called mail-in voting every educated voter knows about . . . And you think Cuban Americans will skip the election? BTW Florida voting begins on October 20. They have two weeks to do it.

I am aware that Mr. Soros is sending preprinted requests for mail in ballots to democrats in swing states, but that does not mean they will all be completed and returned in time. I stand by what I said. Hispanics underperform. Biden in particular has a problem with Hispanics as they largely supported Bernie and Trump is still leading when it comes to economic issues.

I am aware that Mr. Soros is sending preprinted requests for mail in ballots to democrats in swing states, but that does not mean they will all be completed and returned in time. I stand by what I said. Hispanics underperform. Biden in particular has a problem with Hispanics as they largely supported Bernie and Trump is still leading when it comes to economic issues.

Cuban Americans universally hated Bernie Sanders because of his comments about the Fidel Castro era on 60 Minutes, which he doubled down in the next debate.

Democrats are single issue voters. Get Trump out is the only issue they care about.

Cubans see themselves as Cubans in my experience and do not self identify with Latinos.

They identify with the right since Ray-gun.

Cuban Americans universally hated Bernie Sanders because of his comments about the Fidel Castro era on 60 Minutes, which he doubled down in the next debate.

Which was the dumbest damn thing he ever did, which resulted in him doing the right thing next: quitting the race.

Back
Top Bottom