• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Kenosha Town Hall

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The video below is from Biden's town hall in Kenosha today. I didn't watch the whole thing but at 42:45 in the video a woman is called to speak. The reason her speech was brought to my attention is because she says she was "told to go off this paper" which indicates that she had been given a scripted comment. The reason I'm posting this, however, is because of what she has to say. Her explanation of the anger and frustration in her community is clear and controlled. Her questions are ones we often hear screamed from megaphones but a lot of us don't listen because, frankly, nobody likes being screamed at.

I would like this thread to focus on answering some of those questions. She was good enough to ask the questions clearly and rationally. I would expect that, as a matter of respect, the answers are equally clear and rational. There will, naturally, be disagreement with some of the answers given. That disagreement should also be clear and rational.

While I'm pretty sure Ms Bennett would not agree with some of the answers I have for her I have to recognize and respect that she went to great lengths to be understood. Riots are the easy way out and they stifle the voices of those that really want to clear things up. Ms Bennett, agree with her or not, shows that we actually CAN have a conversation if we want to.

Her concerns, as I heard them were as follows:
1. She wants action, not just promises
2. She wants to know why the cops aren't in jail when one of the general public would be
3. She mentions "homicide"
4. She wants to know why black neighborhoods are targeted by cops
5. She says that wearing certain clothes seems to cause people to judge blacks as "bad people"
6. She feels that blacks don't have the same rights as whites
7. She says blacks are denied jobs just because of race
8. She says people tear down houses in black neighborhoods instead of fix them
9. She mentions gentrification
10. She says blacks have been shown that they don't matter for decades.

And
The video below is from Biden's town hall in Kenosha today. I didn't watch the whole thing but at 42:45 in the video a woman is called to speak. The reason her speech was brought to my attention is because she says she was "told to go off this paper" which indicates that she had been given a scripted comment. The reason I'm posting this, however, is because of what she has to say. Her explanation of the anger and frustration in her community is clear and controlled. Her questions are ones we often hear screamed from megaphones but a lot of us don't listen because, frankly, nobody likes being screamed at.

I would like this thread to focus on answering some of those questions. She was good enough to ask the questions clearly and rationally. I would expect that, as a matter of respect, the answers are equally clear and rational. There will, naturally, be disagreement with some of the answers given. That disagreement should also be clear and rational.

While I'm pretty sure Ms Bennett would not agree with some of the answers I have for her I have to recognize and respect that she went to great lengths to be understood. Riots are the easy way out and they stifle the voices of those that really want to clear things up. Ms Bennett, agree with her or not, shows that we actually CAN have a conversation if we want to.

Her concerns, as I heard them were as follows:
1. She wants action, not just promises
2. She wants to know why the cops aren't in jail when one of the general public would be
3. She mentions "homicide"
4. She wants to know why black neighborhoods are targeted by cops
5. She says that wearing certain clothes seems to cause people to judge blacks as "bad people"
6. She feels that blacks don't have the same rights as whites
7. She says blacks are denied jobs just because of race
8. She says people tear down houses in black neighborhoods instead of fix them
9. She mentions gentrification
10. She says blacks have been shown that they don't matter for decades.

For the most part, these types of ideas are emotionally based, not on rational reality.

Here is the reality, the big majority of blacks are middle class, living the American dream. And face little to no oppression.

They have some things in common. Most of them waited awhile before having kids, and got married first. That is one of the biggest factors. Another common factor is parents thst did the same. It’s hard to follow a good path in life if you were not raised like that and have peers and a social circle also behaving like that.

The problem poor blacks face are not very different than what poor inner city whites face. And it is mostly cultural issues.

Trump didn't even speak with the family of Jacob Blake. Why did he even go to Kenosha?

Snap. I forgot. To commiserate about how badly poor young Kyle Rittenhouse is being treated.

Cops shoot a black man 7 times in the back? No problem in Trumps white-power world.

His supporter Kyle Rittenhouse is charged with murder for shooting and killing two people in Kenosha? The injustice!

White supremacist and Boogaloo Boi Ryan Balch says he roamed the streets of Kenosha with Rittenhouse before the shootings.

2.55202042.jpg

Rittenhouse with Boogaloo Boi Ryan Balch. The Boogaloo movement seeks to incite a racial war in the US. Rittenhouse is the trash that Donald Trump supports.

Trump didn't even speak with the family of Jacob Blake. Why did he even go to Kenosha?

Snap. I forgot. To commiserate about how badly poor young Kyle Rittenhouse is being treated.

Cops shoot a black man 7 times in the back? No problem in Trumps white-power world.

His supporter Kyle Rittenhouse is charged with murder for shooting and killing two people in Kenosha? The injustice!

White supremacist and Boogaloo Boi Ryan Balch says he roamed the streets of Kenosha with Rittenhouse before the shootings.

2.55202042.jpg

Rittenhouse with Boogaloo Boi Ryan Balch. The Boogaloo movement seeks to incite a racial war in the US. Rittenhouse is the trash that Donald Trump supports.

Just...like...clockwork! :lamo

In regard to Biden's visit to Kenosha where he made it a point to meet with Jacob Blake Sr. father and family of the son that was shot.

But things have come out about Jacob Blake Sr. His social media long before his son was shot has been an activist and a racist against white people and Jews. He is a follower of Farrakhan.

Jacob Blake Sr.: Father’s Facebook Posts Draw Scrutiny | Heavy.com

In regard to Biden's visit to Kenosha where he made it a point to meet with Jacob Blake Sr. father and family of the son that was shot.

But things have come out about Jacob Blake Sr. His social media long before his son was shot has been an activist and a racist against white people and Jews. He is a follower of Farrakhan.

Jacob Blake Sr.: Father’s Facebook Posts Draw Scrutiny | Heavy.com

I can't believe, … (oh wait, maybe I can), Biden's handlers sent him to meet with this anti-Semitic, anti-Christian hater of white people during his visit to Kenosha today.

And

For the most part, these types of ideas are emotionally based, not on rational reality.

Here is the reality, the big majority of blacks are middle class, living the American dream. And face little to no oppression.

They have some things in common. Most of them waited awhile before having kids, and got married first. That is one of the biggest factors. Another common factor is parents thst did the same. It’s hard to follow a good path in life if you were not raised like that and have peers and a social circle also behaving like that.

The problem poor blacks face are not very different than what poor inner city whites face. And it is mostly cultural issues.

Well, there we have it. Stormfront's view on racial harmony.

Alright, I finally have a little time to do what I hope is some justice to this.

As far as action instead of promises goes that can be interpreted a lot of ways but Ms Bennett lists some things that I will have to assume are her key issues.

She wants the cops in jail because she figures a citizen shooting someone in the back 7 times would be in jail too. She seems to see the "promise" as the idea that justice will be done...maybe, if anyone gets around to it and the action she wants is an immediate arrest. I've heard this from a lot of people and a few of the march leaders in Kenosha and other places. On its face it's a reasonable talking point but, if we REALLY want to discuss this stuff, it is a desire based on a false premise. The factor used to determine whether someone should be held or not MUST be a reasoned consideration of all the facts and circumstances surrounding a given incident. In the case of Jacob Blake, the evidence used to make that determination HAS NOT been released to the public. By not releasing the information the door to speculation opens wide and, with an agitator here and there thrown in to liven things up, a story becomes the narrative and the narrative becomes the "truth". We need patience in these situations. You can well WANT a specific action to be taken but we have to be fair about it. If an 80 year old woman shoots some kid breaking in to her house we don't want to throw her in jail just because she might be guilty of some crime, do we? When we seek absolutes we inevitably do more harm than good. The cop seems to have been treated the same way as anyone else would in this specific set of circumstances. We can not and must not assume that different circumstances should result in identical treatment.

With regard to "homicide", that seems to be a rather common misunderstanding of how the law works. Generally speaking, when you kill someone you commit homicide and homicide is a crime. However, that's not where the law stops. In every homicide statute I have ever seen there is a list of valid defenses related to the crime. For example, a homicide committed in defense of one's life or the life of another is usually a valid defense to the crime of homicide. If someone commits the crime of homicide AND there is a valid reason to believe that they will succeed in defending themselves, legally, through one of the statutory provisions then they will likely NOT be arrested. That goes back to the previous point.

She wants to know why black neighborhoods are more regularly patrolled by cops. Well, as a rule the police presence in a given sector is directly proportional to the number of complaints originating from residents of that sector. If you have a lot of people calling the cops about stuff happening in their neighborhood then you are more likely to have a lot of cops patrolling that neighborhood. If there is an area where stolen cars are regularly dumped then cops will patrol that area more regularly. If there are a lot of petty theft complaints coming from a given location the cops will be in that area more. If you have drug overdoses or domestic abuses or vandalism happening more in one area than another you'll also get more cops. That leads to the next point which is about "dressing a certain way". Well, there are certain signs, including the type of apparel one is wearing, that could lead to suspicion. If, for example, the guy at the corner store calls for the 5th time this week to report some kid in a hoodie just stole a carton of smokes or a quart of beer then the cops are going to start looking for kids in hoodies. On top of that, kids tend to be stupid about this kind of thing. If they start recognizing that they are more likely to get stopped if they are wearing a hoodie it becomes a fashion statement to them! Nothing says "street cred" like getting stopped by the cops for "no good reason". I've been there. Back in my day, in my part of the country I could be almost guaranteed to get stopped if I wore jeans, unlaced work boots, an oversized jacket with deep pockets and had long hair. I actually used to get a kick out of watching some old lady cross to the other side of the street to avoid me and I'd always make it a point to wave hello just so that she knew that I knew she was avoiding me. It was also a game to hide my weed in a part of the jacket the cops would be unlikely to search. If I got stopped AND frisked and the cop didn't find anything it was a "win". Yeah, I was an idiot but kids aren't any smarter these days.

There was other stuff she mentioned too and maybe I'll get to it later or, perhaps, someone else could give their take on the subject.

I can't believe, … (oh wait, maybe I can), Biden's handlers sent him to meet with this anti-Semitic, anti-Christian hater of white people during his visit to Kenosha today.
My point for posting that information is because there is so much phoniness in how all of this is being portrayed in the media including Biden's visit. The OP's focus was on the black woman who spoke at Biden's event that let the cat out of the bag that she was to follow what was written on the piece of paper that was given her by Biden's staff and said she wouldn't. She let us know she grew up in Kenosha. She is 31 years old and claims black people are not treated equally when it comes to job opportunities. That gentrification has left the poor without homes as they tear down the poor neighborhoods instead of help to fix them up. She says that black neighborhoods are targeted by cops.

But in the 31 years of her life in Kenosha, 20 of them have been run by the same Democrat mayor John Antaramian. He served in the Wisconsin State Assembly for ten years. In 1992, Antaramian was elected mayor and served for sixteen years. He ran for mayor again in 2016 and won. In between Antaramian's mayoral runs, Bosman a Democrat and a supporter of Obama served two terms . So for nearly all her life, Kenosha has been run by Democrats. And as far as her dislike of the police, the mayor or city council has authority over their police department. It is a city department just like public works. She said she is tired of promises, she wants action. My suggestion is stop electing Democrat mayors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom