• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Just Made A Big Promise To His Wall Street Donors

Surrealistik

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Joe Biden Just Made a Big Promise to His Wall Street Donors

Here’s the relevant section, reviewing what Biden said:

Second question, again from Mr. Gray, who noted that there are “a bunch of business leaders” on the line. “What do you think is essential to get this economy rolling again?”

“I come from the corporate state of American, many of you incorporated here,” said Mr. Biden. “It used to be that corporate America had a sense of responsibility beyond just CEO salaries and shareholders.”

“Corporate America has to change its ways. It’s not going to require legislation. I’m not proposing any. We’ve got to think about how we deal people back in."

There’s an obvious contradiction here. Before making these comments, Biden had previously promised to pass legislative initiatives to change corporate behavior on everything from climate change to tax policy. He has an entire section of his website outlining promises to pass corporate accountability legislation. He has received praise for these kind of promises.

But now he’s telling his donors they can rest assured that legislation to change corporate behavior is not forthcoming. Indeed, read Biden’s comment again: “It’s not going to require legislation. I’m not proposing any.”

Now sure, you can try to write this off as just another gaffe — good ‘ol Joe being good ol’ Joe. But it is part of a pattern.

Damn, this is probably the worst thing Biden's had to say on the matter of corporate reform since he promised mega donors that "nothing would fundamentally change" when pleading for their money. It's a damn fortunate thing for Joe that Trump has proven himself such a completely untenable alternative and so utterly unworthy of four more years that we on the left really do have nowhere to go without unacceptably strengthening Donnie.

Last edited:
Damn, this is probably the worst thing Biden's had to say on the matter of corporate reform since he promised mega donors that "nothing would fundamentally change" when pleading for their money. It's a damn fortunate thing for Joe that Trump has proven himself such a completely untenable alternative and so utterly unworthy of four more years that we on the left really do have nowhere to go without unacceptably strengthening Donnie.

Yes, could be a gaffe. Could be a promise that a politician will break. Or could be a promise he will keep.

Any of those cases is BETTER than Trump doing everything he can to abandon any safety oversight, letting corporations pollute more, removing any kind of liabilities (forget fiduciary responsibilities from your advisors), etc... all under the Republican-loved "deregulate" slogan.

I'm starting to get the notion that no one who speaks up about Trump's plan on "deregulation". Actually knows what it means or even stands for.

Yes, could be a gaffe. Could be a promise that a politician will break. Or could be a promise he will keep.

Any of those cases is BETTER than Trump doing everything he can to make corporations richer by completely abandoning any safety oversight, letting them pollute more, removing any kind of liabilities (forget fiduciary responsibilities from your advisors), etc... all under the Republican-loved "deregulate" slogan.

Or he was just flapping his gums and forgot already. Biden is a creature from another age when corporations didn’t see themselves as world wide entities not really feeling beholden to one country. As times changed, Joe did nothing. He still thinks corporate America will change automatically. They won’t do for Biden now what they never did for Biden before.

Well, it's possible that Joe said something that might look contradictory, but I can think of plenty of promises Trump did not keep.

What I gathered out of that speech, was that Joe is interested in clean, cheaper, renewable energy, and sees it as a pathway to creating jobs.
Trump on the other hand wants deregulation and old, dirty, expensive fossil fuels and will go to such lengths as to exaggerate and fabricate fears over alternatives, like windmill noise will create cancer, windmills will kill birds, drop house prices by 75%, and power cannot be stored (I guess he isn't aware of capacitors and grid-storage) so when the wind stops we'll all lose our electricity and we can't watch tv. The great irony here is that fossil fuels have been shown to create pollution that is a correlated cancer causing factor.

At least we have some ideas of differences in policy objectives here.

Last edited:
“I come from the corporate state of American, many of you incorporated here,” said Mr. Biden

Jesus. That makes no sense. Even a blind man can see that Biden's dementia riddled mind is clearly gone.

Joe is the ideal candidate for Wall Street and the military industrial complex, the prison industry, and sex offenders.

“I come from the corporate state of American, many of you incorporated here,” said Mr. Biden

Jesus. That makes no sense. Even a blind man can see that Biden's dementia riddled mind is clearly gone.

Funny, isn't it?

Here are some more funnies for you...

Good to see Biden still has enough wits left to tell people exactly what they want to hear.

So is he lying to the Bernie Bros or to the corporate donors? We may yet find out.

Good to see Biden still has enough wits left to tell people exactly what they want to hear.

So is he lying to the Bernie Bros or to the corporate donors? We may yet find out.

He does not have to lie (I am taking a page from reading Trump defenders all these years):

"Corporate America has to change its ways. It’s not going to require legislation. I’m not proposing any."

See, he is right - Corporate American can change its ways without any REQUIRED legislation. He is an optimist and hopes that it can change the ways without any required legislation.

"I am not proposing any" - means he is not proposing any at this point in time. It's not a commitment to not propose any in the future.

There you go, problem solved.

In any case, none of this matters. I refer you back to post #2.

He does not have to lie (I am taking a page from reading Trump defenders all these years):

"Corporate America has to change its ways. It’s not going to require legislation. I’m not proposing any."

See, he is right - Corporate American can change its ways without any REQUIRED legislation. He is an optimist and hopes that it can change the ways without any required legislation.

"I am not proposing any" - means he is not proposing any at this point in time. It's not a commitment to not propose any in the future.

That's ridiculous apologism.

I mean ****, this is the same corporate America that has been instrumental in systemically destroying or working actively to destroy unions and workers rights, the environment and environmental protections, important regulations concerned with health, safety and economic stability, and advancing oligarchical control of industries, unprecedented political capture, irresponsible tax cuts, and economic disparity; if Biden is somehow 'optimistic' about corporate America's ability to self-police after such recent events as the 2007-8 financial collapse (the subsequent already weak regulations made in reaction to such having since been gutted at Wall Street's behest), then he's as senile and stupid as his political opposition claims. Clearly they cannot, and they frankly have no intention to as they push and have pushed Trump to engage in ever more tax cuts, deregulation, gutting of consumer protections, and crony appointments like notorious telecom industry lobbyist Ajit Pai as chairman of the FCC.

The best case scenario is that Biden's lying, but frankly one definitely has more reasons to believe him and take those words at face value in light of his votation, track record and history.

Let's stop wearing our jerseys here and just call this what it is: Biden blowing donor **** in hopes of getting their dollero going into the general.

Last edited:

Either Biden is lying to the corporate donors and intends to push for legislation that compels corporations to "deal people back in", or he is lying to the Bernie Bros when he created a Biden-Sanders Unity Task Force with specific policies described in the policy document they worked out together: (https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf).

true - like I said, this was based on Trump supporters' "apologism" I've been reading in the past 3 years... but read what I highlighted in red.

Alright, if it's meant as an ironic/satiric mimicry of Trump supporters, that's cool.

Concerning the bolded in red and your initial reply though, I've addressed that:

The best case scenario is that Biden's lying, but frankly one definitely has more reasons to believe him and take those words at face value in light of his votation, track record and history.

Yeah, it's possible Biden will change his tune/pivot once in office, but the balance of his history definitely lies in the other direction.

Unforuntately, while Biden is better than Trump, he is not a progressive.

The sooner people realize Joe won't be running America as President, the sooner people will understand they'll be voting for Nancy and Chuck as Co-Presidents.

The sooner people realize Joe won't be running America as President, the sooner people will understand they'll be voting for Nancy and Chuck as Co-Presidents.

No, the sooner people realize that it doesn't matter who is president and that we have more of a citizenry problem the better

Who wants to laud Joe? Certainly not me!

Our political system requires candidates to submit to a rigorous primary system. Joe emerged as the DEM Party presumptive nominee. Only at that point, like a significant (maybe majority) of voters in the DEM primary, did I embrace his candidacy.

As an ardent Anti-Trumper intent on seeing Trump defeated, I consider Joe our current best option to replace Trump as POTUS. With 100 days to go, Joe's chances right now look increasingly favorable!

Viva the Anti-Trumper Movement! Make America Great Again! Dump Trump in 2020!

I'm starting to get the notion that no one who speaks up about Trump's plan on "deregulation". Actually knows what it means or even stands for.

In the sugar high short run, a few more jobs. In the long run, dirtier air, dirtier water, more negative climate change. And the reason Trump want's to create some short term jobs, to get re-elected. See, if you analyze anything Trump does, it always is done to benefit Trump.

who pays him money?

right. then he's lying to the other ones.

It might make no sense to someone who has always been an employee but for those that have created corporations, Delaware being one of the leading states in which to incorporate, it makes perfect sense.

Now please go empty the trash cans and clock out.

Last edited:

LMAO... We all know Trump is a man of the people taking on the big corporations... :2razz:

It might make no sense to someone who has always been an employee but for those that have created corporations, Delaware being one of the leading states in which to incorporate, it makes perfect sense.

Now please go empty the trash cans and clock out.

A Bidenite defending gobbledygook? OK.

Explain what he meant by: corporate state of American, and which of those were incorporated. Go on.

Funny, isn't it?

Here are some more funnies for you...

"But, but, but... Trump!"

Textbook example of TDS whattaboutism.

Yeah, it's possible Biden will change his tune/pivot once in office, but the balance of his history definitely lies in the other direction.

And as I said in post #2, even if Biden does NOT do anything legally against corporations, it is still BETTER than Trump for the reasons I stated in #2. In truth, I very much doubt Biden will veto any Dem legislation for rolling back Trump rollbacks, which means increased corp taxes AND more regulations for clean air, water, restored oversight, etc.

Explain what he meant
"But, but, but... Trump!" ... TDS whattaboutism

He meant he hears them and knows what it's like. Like BlueTex said, he is from Delaware where most companies like to be incorporated because of Delaware laws friendly to them. This was a reminder to them as well.

I am glad you enjoyed Trump dementia video. It exposes your hypocrisy, so I found it quite relevant.

Yep, Biden is the worst candidate, except for all the others.

Back
Top Bottom