• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is NOT the cause of the Inflation we are experiencing!

You are 100% correct. Presidents do not have all that blame or credit for inflation or the economy but tell that to biased people that are looking for anything to criticize and you get deaf ears.
I realize that no president nor any government controls the economy. Now having the party out of power jump on the president of the party in power over a bad economy, the misery index, a recession or a depression is normal politics. It comes with the territory. The Democrats did it to Bush, the GOP are doing it to Biden. Now Democrats will defend Biden, Republicans defended Bush, it those in-between, the swing voters, the non-affiliated, the non-partisans, the non-political junkies or financial gurus that count. They are heaping the blame on Biden as they did on Bush. One must expect this. These non-affiliated, non-partisan independents just want it fixed. They don’t care there’s little a president can do about, that’s irrelevant to them. Fix it they demand, or we’ll vote you out as they did the Republicans in 2006 and voted in Obama in 2008.

I seen this happen time and time again throughout my life. Read about this happening way back to the beginning of this country. The president is in charge, he’s responsible. As I said, it comes with the job.

This tact of portraying the American people as idiots may come in handy again while you and the rest of the squad communist party are licking your wounds after the absolute
shellacking & drubbing handed to you in the mid-terms
Yet another certainty that you are also in denial of is coming your way .
This thread may prove useful in further self-deluding yourself after your communist squad party has been beaten like a collective drum in the midterms.
By the way , here is a picture of the biggest canary in the coal mine regarding the outcome anticipated for the communist squad party by virtually every political analyst :
View attachment 67386216
You make one huge mistake and that is to believe that your belief are fact and truth.

They are not.

I am 76 years old and my entire life has been about accumulating knowledge. In addition, I have been in the stock market as an analyst, broker and investor and the stock market "requires" knowledge as bias, fantasy, and opinions mean nothing. Those get you blown out of the market in a fast way. I also was a salesman for over 50 years and in that business, you need to know people and know how they think, what they want, and what they can and cannot buy. I was a very successful salesman during my life.

Having said that, the one thing that I learned is that addressing reality is the only way to get the necessary edge to be successful. Everyone wants to win, everyone wants to be successful, and everyone is trying to beat everyone else. The winners are the ones that are better at reality than everyone else.

Can the Republicans win in November and take over. Absolutely they can because this world (and especially the United States) is full of ignorant and biased people and if enough of them get together to make something happen (as what happened in 2016), they will accomplish what they set themselves out to do. The bottom line though, is that the actual results of their winning is going to be a catastrophic disaster because no one, and I do not no one, can beat reality. Short-term wins fulfill the ego's of the ignorant as they only live the moment and the short-term gains. Nonetheless, in the long run, everyone loses because fantasy does not work for more than a short time.

As such, you can bask in the wins that you get but in the long run, you and especially your kids and grandchildren will suffer the consequences of living in a fantasy world and not reality.

It is like Putin. He is likely to win this war and fulfill his fantasy of seeing Ukraine destroyed but in the long run, he (and especially Russia) will suffer the consequence of his decisions. Russia is now dead to the world and in this present world that is a death sentence because unlikely all ages before, this world is all about economics, social presence, and unity. This is not the middle ages any more.

Enjoy the short-term win. I guarantee you that in the long run you will lose much more than you may gain in the short term.

Biden pumped trillions into an iHeart kept shut down. Too much money too few goods equals inflation.

Be specific in your statements. I give no value to words. They are cheap.

Let me set the playing field (fact/data) so that you know what you are facing when you are talking about inflation and spending money.

President Trump's Impact on the National Debt

The national debt increased by almost 36% during Trump's tenure

Republican candidate Donald Trump promised during the 2016 presidential campaign that he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.

Instead, his budget estimates showed that he would actually add at least $8.3 trillion, increasing the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion by 2025.1 But the national debt reached that figure much sooner. The national debt stood at $19.9 trillion when President Trump took office in January 2017, and it reached a high of $27 trillion in October 2020.

Given this fact, pray tell what Biden has actually done (link to facts) that even begins to compare with what Trump did.

It’s about keeping the economy in prolonged shut down in conjunction with endless government checks. Obviously that’s going to cause inflation.
Nah. It's about blaming Biden for potholes and hangnails, and anything else you can come up with

Be specific in your statements. I give no value to words. They are cheap.

Let me set the playing field (fact/data) so that you know what you are facing when you are talking about inflation and spending money.

President Trump's Impact on the National Debt

The national debt increased by almost 36% during Trump's tenure

Republican candidate Donald Trump promised during the 2016 presidential campaign that he would eliminate the nation’s debt in eight years.

Instead, his budget estimates showed that he would actually add at least $8.3 trillion, increasing the U.S. debt to $28.5 trillion by 2025.1 But the national debt reached that figure much sooner. The national debt stood at $19.9 trillion when President Trump took office in January 2017, and it reached a high of $27 trillion in October 2020.

Given this fact, pray tell what Biden has actually done (link to facts) that even begins to compare with what Trump did.
I’ve been clear and concise. You just refuse to accept reality.
It’s about keeping the economy in prolonged shut down in conjunction with endless government checks. Obviously that’s going to cause inflation.

I’ve been clear and concise. You just refuse to accept reality.
Oh yeah, you have been clear and concise with your words but you have not made you point with data and facts that have numbers attached. Please supply those (if you can).

One caveat to this.

You need to supply not only the Biden data but a comparison with the Trump data. One thing that is clearly evident in life in general is that no one is perfect. If you search for a negative, you will be able to find one in each and every person. As such, life is like being married to someone where you marry for good or bad. There is always going to be some bad in every marriage. The thing is, that if there is more good than bad, the marriage works. As such, this is not about finding what is bad about Biden but comparing to what we had before and also comparing it to what is available to be had.

Everyone is a critic. Few people realize that there is no perfection, meaning that people should be happy with the positives and try to ignore (or give less importance) to the negatives.

Come on Chain, I know you can do it (be fair).............or at least I hope you can. If not, then you are a "lost" case.

Didn't realize Biden was the King Of The World! Look at what he's doing to other countries which he hates even more than America - yea, his fault and his alone; 2022 inflation rates around the world:
  1. Venezuela — 1198.0%
  2. Sudan — 340.0%
  3. Lebanon — 201.0%
  4. Syria — 139.0%
  5. Suriname — 63.3%
  6. Zimbabwe — 60.7%
  7. Argentina — 51.2%
  8. Turkey — 36.1%
  9. Iran — 35.2%
  10. Ethiopia — 33.0%
No American President can...or should...save the rest of the world. Nor is that President responsible for the rest of the world. But EVERY American President can affect...and is responsible...for the US.

No American President can...or should...save the rest of the world. Nor is that President responsible for the rest of the world. But EVERY American President can affect...and is responsible...for the US.
Agree, if the President actually had the wheel. Presidents have become cut-bait for much of what happens in the American legislature; the powerful, wealthy, and influential govern from behind the curtain.

It is getting ridiculous the amount of blame-for-inflation that Biden is receiving.

I don't know if it is ignorance-of-economic-issues or pure political bias in trying to pin a negative on the opposing party president but it is pure misinformation.

Here are the reasons for inflation in 2022 and if you read and understand them, you will stop all the ridiculous posts that are being seen here.

Why inflation is happening: Reasons prices are rising in 2022

• an increase in the money supply
  • a decrease in the production of goods and services
  • an increase in global demand for goods and services
Here is another article that goes into a deeper evaluation of the present inflation:

What is causing inflation? Economists point fingers at different culprits

He said it is inarguable that demand in a pandemic economy surged because of very aggressive fiscal and monetary policies in response to Covid-19. The Obama administration’s stimulus package to respond to the 2008 recession was $787 billion; the pandemic stimulus packages, between the Trump and the Biden administrations, reach around $5 trillion

and yet and in knowing that these are the reasons for inflation, the Republicans keep on blaming Biden for it.

This what Rick Scott said:

“Thanks to the insane tax-and-spending spree of President Joe Biden and Democrats in Washington, we are seeing six straight months of raging inflation.”

Politifact goes on to disprove this statement in very clear details.:

Blame Joe Biden for inflation? Most government spending came earlier

This blaming Biden for our inflation has to stop, or at least the blame be put on Trump as much (or more) for the government spending that occurred during the pandemic and that has been the main cause of inflation occurring.

End of story!
of course not but it's politics.....and political propaganda to the under educated deplorable is a great tool to keep the fires of animosity burning

Most people with ANY basic economics knowledge would recognize his name immediately. Sorry I assumed you would.

Educate yourself

In relation to Biden being to blame for inflation?

You’ve cited nothing to support that.

It’s a partisan position backed up by nothing.

The entire world spent to hell and gone, with central banks doing insane shit in the background, particularly the Fed and inflation was inevitable, where I am it’s crazy, went out for one beer and wings the other night, $32.

Can I blame Biden?

Nah I don’t think so.

Cheap political points are all you’re after, nothing more.

The entire world spent to hell and gone, with central banks doing insane shit in the background, particularly the Fed and inflation was inevitable, where I am it’s crazy, went out for one beer and wings the other night, $32.

Can I blame Biden?

Nah I don’t think so.

I cited one of the most respected, Nobel wining economists, ever. Maybe you missed the Fed Chairman talking about the need to impose several rate hikes to get inflation under control.
Be honest with yourself - I'm talking well established accepted economic principles - YOU'RE the one clinging to partisan dogma.

Oh yeah, you have been clear and concise with your words but you have not made you point with data and facts that have numbers attached. Please supply those (if you can).

One caveat to this.

You need to supply not only the Biden data but a comparison with the Trump data. One thing that is clearly evident in life in general is that no one is perfect. If you search for a negative, you will be able to find one in each and every person. As such, life is like being married to someone where you marry for good or bad. There is always going to be some bad in every marriage. The thing is, that if there is more good than bad, the marriage works. As such, this is not about finding what is bad about Biden but comparing to what we had before and also comparing it to what is available to be had.

Everyone is a critic. Few people realize that there is no perfection, meaning that people should be happy with the positives and try to ignore (or give less importance) to the negatives.

Come on Chain, I know you can do it (be fair).............or at least I hope you can. If not, then you are a "lost" case.
Read and read again until it sinks in. C'mon Lucky, I know you can do it.

Chainsawmassacre said:
It’s about keeping the economy in prolonged shut down in conjunction with endless government checks. Obviously that’s going to cause inflation

Can I blame Biden?

Nah I don’t think so.

Nothing is Biden's fault is it.
Border crises? Nope
Inflation? Nope
Price of gas? Nope
Putin deciding now's the time? Nope
Supply chain breakdown? Nope

Biden is just sort of hanging around shaking hands with imaginary people and bumping into walls as national and world events take their natural course.

Read and read again until it sinks in. C'mon Lucky, I know you can do it.

Chainsawmassacre said:
It’s about keeping the economy in prolonged shut down in conjunction with endless government checks. Obviously that’s going to cause inflation
I give up on you. You are a "lost" case.

You should consider getting a job as a puppet in a Trump rally or as a weatherman that still gets paid when he gets it wrong.

When I think of you, this video comes to mind.

Actually, the Biden pukes have used all three of those excuses to avoid admitting their actions that started the inflation.
President Biden has supporters. They are real people just as deserving of respect as anyone else. Hatred is tearing our country apart. We need to show more respect for one another than cheap name-calling.

Like this?

Inflation stings most if you earn less than $300K. Here's how to deal:​
Take the bus​
Don’t buy in bulk​
Try lentils instead of meat​
Nobody said this would be fun​
No.

Oh...wait...you are talking about poor people.

Depending on the Republican, we never would have gotten in this situation...but you could be right about some Republicans.
I disagree. No Republican would have taken meaningful action against climate change or the pandemic. And there was no clear way to influence Putin not to attack Ukraine.

Really? More "rich and powerful" than NANCY PELOSI?

But you are correct. It is the rich and powerful (Globalists)...and those, like Nancy Pelosi, who are bought and paid for by the rich and powerful. And those Globalists buy politicians from BOTH parties.

Super rich donate to Republicans 4:1 over Democrats.

Everyone now admits the extended shutdown was ineffective.

"Everyone" can't agree on anything, much less pandemic mitigation policy.

It's always amusing when conservatives claim that everyone agrees with them. It's an attempt to project self-fooling. And easily refuted. If "everyone" agrees with conservatives, then how did President Biden get elected?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Then consider that the shut downs (which were never national policy) occurred mostly during Trump's year of the pandemic.

These darn facts are just such a nuisance to right wing narratives!

BS , government kept businesses shut down in certain places long after people were ready to go back to them.

AND some of them only targeted CERTAIN businesses.

Anybody who wanted to mix in crowds during the pandemic was ignoring the danger of spreading infection and causing death. Since the deaths were not usually traceable to the individual, it allowed irresponsible people to make the pandemic far worse, and in some cases cause the deaths in their own family as well as others.

The only effective way to deal with a pandemic is to have an organized response coordinated by government. Leaving it up to each person to decide is not very effective, as evidenced by the drastically higher death toll in America, now over a million dead. Many of the deaths were caused by people wanting to go to businesses when it was simply not safe to do so.

The leftists will do everything they can to try to convince the American public the shit they are experiencing isnt their fault. Its no different than Biden having a near 2 dollar increase in gas prices long before Russia invaded Ukraine, then having Psaki and the other leftist whores blame everything on Putin.

It wont work. The mindless idiot left dont have to be convinced, and everyone else knows better. Own that shit...and get ready for the bloodbath.

This New Left administration uses and pushes memes more than any administration in history and they don't care that everyone knows it. It's like they are young children who play hide and seek and stand behind a curtain and think no one sees them. Just watch how Psaki and Biden and all the other idiots in his administration use the term "Putin's gas hike" or Putin's inflation". They have a new boogeyman under the bed because their focus group investigators told them to switch from Trump to Putin because using Trump at this stage was getting too unbelievable even for leftists. So, the new scapegoat is Putin and it is actually painful to watch Psaki work him into every answer. The second meme they were told to always use is "Assault on Democracy" because this is another boogeyman but one that is vague enough to mean whatever they say it means and all they need do is claim there is voter disenfranchisement and not explain how there is but get to say that any state that p[asses common sense voting laws is conducting an "Assault on Democracy"

You should consider getting a job as a puppet in a Trump rally or as a weatherman that still gets paid when he gets it wrong.

🤣

YOU accusing ANYONE of being a partisan "lost cause", being a 'puppet' is about the most hilarious and ironic comment on this borad I have seen in a very long time.

It doesn’t matter who’s to blame or if there is any blame. People give presidents credit during good economic times; they blame the president during bad or inflationary times. Presidents take all the credit for a good economy; hence they’re going to get blamed for a bad economy. The economy is cyclic, presidents, government can’t control it. They can play with it around the edges, maybe make it a bit better or worse, but have no control. If presidents could control the economy, we’d have all ups, no downs.

The president is in charge, he’s the leader and decision maker. Hence being the one in charge, he’s going to get the blame. Just like G.W. Bush was blamed for the recession, Hoover for the depression, Biden gets blamed for inflation. It comes with the job. If one doesn’t like it, then one shouldn’t take the job. It’s has been this way throughout our history. Presidents taking and getting credit for a good economy, getting blamed for a bad one. It’s politics 101.

I’m amazed at the number of Democrats and the number threads on how Biden isn’t to blame. Yet, most of them blamed Bush back in his 2nd term and rode that blame on Bush to taking control of congress in 2006 and winning the presidency in 2008. Biden is no different in getting the blame, Both Bush and Biden were in charge. If a president takes credit, a president is going to get blamed. Want this to stop, then presidents must stop taking credit for a good economy and tell the people they had nothing to do with a booming good time. That will never happen.

What is doubly amazing about the Democrats NOT blaming Biden is that the DO blame Trump for EVERYTHING.

They understand the concept of blame. They just don't understand the role played by cause on effect.

President Biden has supporters. They are real people just as deserving of respect as anyone else. Hatred is tearing our country apart. We need to show more respect for one another than cheap name-calling.
When I use the term, "pukes", I'm not talking about "supporters". I'm talking about his puppet masters. And no...I don't think they deserve any of my respect.

Oh. Please explain, then.

I disagree. No Republican would have taken meaningful action against climate change or the pandemic. And there was no clear way to influence Putin not to attack Ukraine.
Nonsense.

First of all, "meaningful action against climate change" depends on one's opinion. Some people think sending civilization back to the stone age is the best action. Some people think banning cow farts is meaningful action. And others...while jetting around the world in their private or chartered planes, while telling the plebes to cut back on energy use is meaningful action. So your statement, without you stating YOUR opinion, is nonsense.

The same holds true for the pandemic. There was plenty of action by Republican governors and by the Trump administration to deal with the pandemic. You don't seem to think it was "meaningful action", though.

Super rich donate to Republicans 4:1 over Democrats.
And you have data to support this contention?

btw, I didn't mention "super rich". I said "Globalists". When you dig up your data, make sure that is reflected. You know...apples to apples.

When I use the term, "pukes", I'm not talking about "supporters". I'm talking about his puppet masters. And no...I don't think they deserve any of my respect.

Oh. Please explain, then.

Nonsense.

First of all, "meaningful action against climate change" depends on one's opinion. Some people think sending civilization back to the stone age is the best action. Some people think banning cow farts is meaningful action. And others...while jetting around the world in their private or chartered planes, while telling the plebes to cut back on energy use is meaningful action. So your statement, without you stating YOUR opinion, is nonsense.

The same holds true for the pandemic. There was plenty of action by Republican governors and by the Trump administration to deal with the pandemic. You don't seem to think it was "meaningful action", though.

And you have data to support this contention?
Super-rich donations to Democrats: 14%

Super-rich donations to Republicans: 56%

65 / 14 = 4

btw, I didn't mention "super rich". I said "Globalists". When you dig up your data, make sure that is reflected. You know...apples to apples.

I said super-rich. It was MY statement you wanted me to back up, not yours. The data clearly shows that the super-rich support Republicans 4:1 over Democrats. That's because Republicans are easy to motivate to vote based on culture wars and propaganda such as climate doubt and so-called 'freedom' to spread a deadly disease as some kind of 'right.'

Human-caused climate change is real and proven. Super-rich investors and owners in fossil fuel companies want to spread doubt so they can keep America hooked on dirty old fuel that is ruining the habitat. Just so they can get richer. And Republican voters eat it right up, just like they are essentially told to do.

What is doubly amazing about the Democrats NOT blaming Biden is that the DO blame Trump for EVERYTHING.

They understand the concept of blame. They just don't understand the role played by cause on effect.
These same Democrats or most of them blamed Bush for the recession and rode that blame to taking control of Congress in 2006 and the presidency in 2008.

This New Left administration uses and pushes memes more than any administration in history and they don't care that everyone knows it. It's like they are young children who play hide and seek and stand behind a curtain and think no one sees them. Just watch how Psaki and Biden and all the other idiots in his administration use the term "Putin's gas hike" or Putin's inflation". They have a new boogeyman under the bed because their focus group investigators told them to switch from Trump to Putin because using Trump at this stage was getting too unbelievable even for leftists. So, the new scapegoat is Putin and it is actually painful to watch Psaki work him into every answer. The second meme they were told to always use is "Assault on Democracy" because this is another boogeyman but one that is vague enough to mean whatever they say it means and all they need do is claim there is voter disenfranchisement and not explain how there is but get to say that any state that p[asses common sense voting laws is conducting an "Assault on Democracy"
Were you not alive during the Trump era? He road to the presidency on the back of silly memes like "make America great again" which really means nothing. Simplistic memes is all his supporters could understand. Which is not to suggest the Biden administration doesn't use them. But your claim they have cornered the market on the effort is silly.

Notice my signature? Have a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom