• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is getting backlash for putting Klobuchar on the shortlist

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Black activists warn Biden: Don't pick Klobuchar as VP - POLITICO

But for many of these operatives, Klobuchar symbolizes a strategic division within the Democratic Party: Whether to focus on winning back white, Midwestern voters who flipped to Donald Trump in 2016, or on activating voters of color who were not excited to vote.

It should be noted that Klobuchar is simply being considered for the position and allowing Biden's team to perform a background check on her. Biden has never said "Amy is the one". He told the Breakfast Club that multiple black women made his shortlist. He's obviously referring to at least Stacey Abrams, Val Demings and Kamala Harris, and maybe even Susan Rice.

The quote above does highlight a notable division within the Democratic party. There are those who believe Biden needs to win over mid-western voters who went for Trump in 2016 or appealing to African American voters, who live in Milwaukee, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

Biden is in a tricky situation. He's being asked to please everybody.

The founder of She The People, Aimee Allison, is quoted in the article saying that her record as a prosecutor and low support among African Americans makes her unqualified for the position. But if we use that standard, then Kamala Harris is out of the picture as well. Harris was polling in the lower single digits in South Carolina and lost steam when Tulsi Gabbard hammered her on her record of going after black people smoking marijuana.

If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

Last edited:
the new right wing tactic is to pretend that black people might prefer a white supremacist like Bull**** J. McTweetyballs who dog whistles to nazis and other racists regularly. i tend to doubt that.

the new right wing tactic is to pretend that black people might prefer a white supremacist like Bull**** J. McTweetyballs who dog whistles to nazis and other racists regularly. i tend to doubt that.

Some are 'very fine people' though..

IMHO, it's more likely that voters will not be excited to vote for either Joe "where am I?" Biden or Trump - counting on the 'lesser of two evils vote' to help increase voter turnout (which favors demorats) is very risky. Knowing that most states will remain (as usual) either red or blue no matter who the VP is important to keep in mind - picking a VP that is likely to add even one "swing" state would be the best bet.

Biden isn't as quick as he used to be. Remember the VP debates with Ryan? Biden bulldozed the guy.

Biden is no longer that sharp, and needs to pick a VP candidate that compensates for his weaknesses. I'm not sure who that is, but Klobuchar is probably not the best choice, and is unlikely to get the job.

It should be noted that Klobuchar is simply being considered for the position and allowing Biden's team to perform a background check on her. Biden has never said "Amy is the one". He told the Breakfast Club that multiple black women made his shortlist. He's obviously referring to at least Stacey Abrams, Val Demings and Kamala Harris, and maybe even Susan Rice.

The quote above does highlight a notable division within the Democratic party. There are those who believe Biden needs to win over mid-western voters who went for Trump in 2016 or appealing to African American voters, who live in Milwaukee, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

The founder of She The People, Aimee Allison, is quoted in the article saying that her record as a prosecutor and low support among African Americans makes her unqualified for the position. But if we use that standard, then Kamala Harris is out of the picture as well. Harris was polling in the lower single digits in South Carolina and lost steam when Tulsi Gabbard hammered her on her record of going after black people smoking marijuana.

If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

Blacks will vote for Biden regardless. If they don't, then they aren't black. He told us so himself.

Sounds like you agree with Joe's racist comment.

She's buzzard meat. Shame, because out of all of the names being mentioned she was the most qualified and sane.

She is one of my first choices, I think she would easily swing the states that Russia swung for trump last time...

She's buzzard meat. Shame, because out of all of the names being mentioned she was the most qualified and sane.

Very true. I have feeling that Biden likes Klobuchar the best, but he's most likely going to lean toward the more "politically correct" nominee.

IMHO, it's more likely that voters will not be excited to vote for either Joe "where am I?" Biden or Trump - counting on the 'lesser of two evils vote' to help increase voter turnout (which favors demorats) is very risky. Knowing that most states will remain (as usual) either red or blue no matter who the VP is important to keep in mind - picking a VP that is likely to add even one "swing" state would be the best bet.

yeah, flipping a swing state would really help.

Sounds like you agree with Joe's racist comment.

sounds like you want to deflect attention from Tweety's white nationalist views.

sounds like you want to deflect attention from Tweety's white nationalist views.
You are the only one deflecting here. The subject is Biden and whether he will be forced against his will to choose a black running mate. One wonders if Biden has found a second black person out there who he considers "bright, articulate, and clean."

You are the only one deflecting here. The subject is Biden and whether he will be forced against his will to choose a black running mate. One wonders if Biden has found a second black person out there who he considers "bright, articulate, and clean."

Do you think he's going to be "forced to pick a black woman"? I am thinking most likely.

white nationalists are going to vote for Mango the racist orange clown. Most of the rest of us are going to vote against him, as we don't like white nationalist cult leaders. If i ever use another tiki torch, it will be to light up a cookout or a campsite, not to chant dumb anti-Semitic nazi bull**** like Trumpsters.

I have an issue with the "black" activists. Don't they want the best qualified for the VP slot. Are they so insecure of the "black" candidates up for consideration that they don't measure up.
We should be well beyond in lets select person X because they are "black".

Guess some have never learned the lessons of Martin Luther King. I believe MLK would be ashamed of the activists demands.

A more interesting question is if Trump sees that his poll numbers are weakening with his base will he dump Pence and ask David Duke to be his running mate?

I have an issue with the "black" activists. Don't they want the best qualified for the VP slot. Are they so insecure of the "black" candidates up for consideration that they don't measure up.

We should be well beyond in lets select person X because they are "black".

Guess some have never learned the lessons of Martin Luther King. I believe MLK would be ashamed of the activists demands.

That's stupid and racist.

Black people, 13% of the population, have only 3% of the wealth and power. That's because of racism. It's not because of inferiority. You understand that, right? You get that black people are not inferior, I'm sure. So you understand that them being 13% and having 3% is ****ed up bs. There are plenty of qualified black people.

You can't act as if no black person is qualified. That's obviously racist.

Racism is why we have affirmative action. Racism why we have minority activists. Black people should have proportional wealth and power. That's justice.

You can't pretend racism doesn't exist. That's obviously racist.

Racist idiots believe affirmative action and activism is because black people are inferior.

Last edited:

Man, the Limbaugh/Hannity consumers are out in full force.

Black people, 13% of the population, have only 3% of the wealth and power. That's because of racism. It's not because of inferiority. You understand that, right? You get that black people are not inferior, I'm sure. So you understand that them being 13% and having 3% is ****ed up bs. There are plenty of qualified black people.

Racism is why we have affirmative action. Racism why we have minority activists. Black people should have proportional wealth and power. That's justice.

Racist idiots believe affirmative action and activism is because black people are inferior.

Wait a minute. So you're saying that black people only have 3% of wealth and power solely based on racism?

Wait a minute. So you're saying that black people only have 3% of wealth and power solely based on racism?

You have another reason?

You are part of the problem. Did I say "racism" doesn't exist? You seem unable to get past a persons skin color. Did I say no black person is qualified.

Tell me, is it not racist to say Klobuchar should not be on the list? Is it she is not qualified or is it she is not the right skin color.

Since I am not a "racist idiot", I will dismiss your posts as a rant.

You are part of the problem. Did I say "racism" doesn't exist? You seem unable to get past a persons skin color.

Since I am not a "racist idiot", I will dismiss your posts as a rant.

Your stupid and racist interpretation of Dr King is the problem. Affirmative action and black activism are just. Only scumbag racists believe those things exist because black people are inferior. The rest of us know they exist because of injustice.

Your stupid and racist interpretation of Dr King is the problem. Affirmative action and black activism is just. Only scumbag racists believe those things exist because black people are inferior. The rest of us know they exist because of injustice.

I am not going to stoop to your level in response.
If you want to talk about diversity. How far do you want to go?
How is wanting to select the most qualified racist? Explain that to me

I do not believe any person different than me is inferior. Never treated people that way. So please stop making assumptions about me.

Back
Top Bottom