• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is getting backlash for putting Klobuchar on the shortlist

I have an issue with the "black" activists. Don't they want the best qualified for the VP slot. Are they so insecure of the "black" candidates up for consideration that they don't measure up.
We should be well beyond in lets select person X because they are "black".

Guess some have never learned the lessons of Martin Luther King. I believe MLK would be ashamed of the activists demands.

Wow you sure knocked the stuffing out of that uppity strawman.

Black activists warn Biden: Don't pick Klobuchar as VP - POLITICO

It should be noted that Klobuchar is simply being considered for the position and allowing Biden's team to perform a background check on her. Biden has never said "Amy is the one". He told the Breakfast Club that multiple black women made his shortlist. He's obviously referring to at least Stacey Abrams, Val Demings and Kamala Harris, and maybe even Susan Rice.

The quote above does highlight a notable division within the Democratic party. There are those who believe Biden needs to win over mid-western voters who went for Trump in 2016 or appealing to African American voters, who live in Milwaukee, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

Biden is in a tricky situation. He's being asked to please everybody.

The founder of She The People, Aimee Allison, is quoted in the article saying that her record as a prosecutor and low support among African Americans makes her unqualified for the position. But if we use that standard, then Kamala Harris is out of the picture as well. Harris was polling in the lower single digits in South Carolina and lost steam when Tulsi Gabbard hammered her on her record of going after black people smoking marijuana.

If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

I do not understand why harris ever made any list, she literally got destroyed on her record in a single debate against gabbard who is much nicer than trump will ever be on her record as being one of if not he most corrupt politicians in the history of the us, any politician who can only survive with the media shielding them from any negative press about their record is doomed to fail.

Amy is easily startled, so far that is the only negative I have found, being easily upset is not too bad vs harris who has such an abysmall record that her popularity can only survive as long as the media goes full on to hide her problems.

I do not understand why harris ever made any list, she literally got destroyed on her record in a single debate against gabbard who is much nicer than trump will ever be on her record as being one of if not he most corrupt politicians in the history of the us, any politician who can only survive with the media shielding them from any negative press about their record is doomed to fail.

Amy is easily startled, so far that is the only negative I have found, being easily upset is not too bad vs harris who has such an abysmall record that her popularity can only survive as long as the media goes full on to hide her problems.

Who is the best pick then?

Who is the best pick then?

answer not harris unless the dnc can run the most epic campaign to have the media internet media debate moderators and everything inbetween hide her record. As was shown with a single debate with gabbard who trump makes look nice by comparison destroyed her entire campaign.

Amy would make a much more sensible choice, there are too many sensible choices to say anyone is best, however everyones top picks seem to jump to exploiting identity politics while ignoring that picks horrible record, remember the vp will never really boost the presidential candidate, but can easily tank the candidate.

Oh yeah mcain tried the same crap with palin in 2008, remember going with identity politics over quality is always a bad choice and is usually only done when the candidate himself is so weak he needs anything he can hope for to gain an edge, he would be better off choosing experience and a clean record over anything else.

Back
Top Bottom