• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is getting backlash for putting Klobuchar on the shortlist

Show the quote where I said that? I pointed out to you (mr PhD) that their are other causes.
Either prove it or retract.

Their are?

Admit racism is the cause of disproportionate poverty.

Admit racism is the cause of disproportionate poverty.

It can be one of many causes.

So you cannot show where I said it wasn't a cause. Got it.

It can be one of many causes.

So you cannot show where I said it wasn't a cause. Got it.

That's moronic. The question is not poverty but disproportionate poverty. Everyone is equally susceptible to poverty and its various ills. Having black skin does not make one more inclined to poverty behavior.

The cause of disproportionate poverty is racism. Black people were reduced to 0% of power and wealth by slavery and held down for generations. Injustice continues today.

Black people do not have a poverty gene. Black people do not have an anti-rich gene. Black people have a history of slavery and oppression and injustice today.

You are the only one deflecting here. The subject is Biden and whether he will be forced against his will to choose a black running mate. One wonders if Biden has found a second black person out there who he considers "bright, articulate, and clean."

Don't worry I think he will pick Warren. He needs to satisfy the progressives most. He has the black vote sewed up already.

That's moronic. The question is not poverty but disproportionate poverty. Everyone is equally susceptible to poverty and its various ills. Having black skin does not make one more inclined to poverty.

The cause of disproportionate poverty is racism. Black people were reduced to 0% of power and wealth by slavery and held down for generations. Injustice continues today.

:inandout:

:inandout:

One joins racists when one asks America to forget about injustice.

Then you wanna spew racist bs about why more black people are poor. "It's the black culture!" Okay, alt-right.

Black activists warn Biden: Don't pick Klobuchar as VP - POLITICO

It should be noted that Klobuchar is simply being considered for the position and allowing Biden's team to perform a background check on her. Biden has never said "Amy is the one". He told the Breakfast Club that multiple black women made his shortlist. He's obviously referring to at least Stacey Abrams, Val Demings and Kamala Harris, and maybe even Susan Rice.

The quote above does highlight a notable division within the Democratic party. There are those who believe Biden needs to win over mid-western voters who went for Trump in 2016 or appealing to African American voters, who live in Milwaukee, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

Biden is in a tricky situation. He's being asked to please everybody.

The founder of She The People, Aimee Allison, is quoted in the article saying that her record as a prosecutor and low support among African Americans makes her unqualified for the position. But if we use that standard, then Kamala Harris is out of the picture as well. Harris was polling in the lower single digits in South Carolina and lost steam when Tulsi Gabbard hammered her on her record of going after black people smoking marijuana.

If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

I think everyone who isn't the Democratic nominee should just give the man the benefit of the doubt in choosing who he wants on the ticket with him. There is literally nobody is this country who has more political experience than Joe Biden. Maybe someone like Bill Clinton or Jerry Brown comes close... but even they don't have the same amount of time in that Biden has.

And yet everyone thinks they know better than he does who should be VP. Give me a break. Let the man make his own choice.

Black activists warn Biden: Don't pick Klobuchar as VP - POLITICO

It should be noted that Klobuchar is simply being considered for the position and allowing Biden's team to perform a background check on her. Biden has never said "Amy is the one". He told the Breakfast Club that multiple black women made his shortlist. He's obviously referring to at least Stacey Abrams, Val Demings and Kamala Harris, and maybe even Susan Rice.

The quote above does highlight a notable division within the Democratic party. There are those who believe Biden needs to win over mid-western voters who went for Trump in 2016 or appealing to African American voters, who live in Milwaukee, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas.

Biden is in a tricky situation. He's being asked to please everybody.

The founder of She The People, Aimee Allison, is quoted in the article saying that her record as a prosecutor and low support among African Americans makes her unqualified for the position. But if we use that standard, then Kamala Harris is out of the picture as well. Harris was polling in the lower single digits in South Carolina and lost steam when Tulsi Gabbard hammered her on her record of going after black people smoking marijuana.

If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

I've been thinking along the same lines. I haven't heard from Sanders' camp lately. I wonder what their position on VP is.

You know President Trump was NOT referring to Nazis and white supremacists' when he said that.

Trump didn't denounce the Nazis so nobody knows who he was referring to. That Trump didn't condemn the Nazis gives us a clue, though.

Again with the typical bs about factors. We're looking at cause. Not symptoms. Not factors. Cause.

Why are black people disproportionately poor?

You have two choices: Racism or inferiority.

Talking whitey bs about symptoms and factors of poverty is merely a way to claim inferiority. We're talking cause. Not cause or cycle of poverty. Cause of disproportionate poverty.

You can look at whatever the heck you want to. But to suggest there are only two reasons is moronic or purely agenda driven. Kinda like ignoring what leads to someone jumping off of a bridge when all you're concerned with is if the jump or the sudden stop killed them.

Again with the typical bs about factors. We're looking at cause. Not symptoms. Not factors. Cause.

Why are black people disproportionately poor?

You have two choices: Racism or inferiority.

Talking whitey bs about symptoms and factors of poverty is merely a way to claim inferiority. We're talking cause. Not cause or cycle of poverty. Cause of disproportionate poverty.

there are way more choices than that.

the measures are quite clear. the black family with both mother and father are very much better off. in fact only 8% of married black couples live in poverty or at poverty lvl. which means 92% do not.

where is the biggest impact of black poverty? single mothers. 78% poverty rate.

you will find that i think 78% of black women are single mothers.

so no there are other factors but like always you will ignore facts and just cry racism like you always do.

facts do not care about your feelings.

Trump didn't denounce the Nazis so nobody knows who he was referring to. That Trump didn't condemn the Nazis gives us a clue, though.

sure he does. he has denounced them several occasions.

facts do not care about your feelings.

Show the quote where I said that? I pointed out to you (mr PhD) that other causes exist.
Either prove it or retract.

he won'y because he can't.

I've been thinking along the same lines. I haven't heard from Sanders' camp lately. I wonder what their position on VP is.

That's what I afraid of. Not that I am "Pro-Biden", but under the belief that Presidents should pick somebody they want as their right-hand man and feel comfortable around.

If Biden feels the most comfortable with Amy Klobuchar, he should pick Amy Klobuchar. If he feels most comfortable with Val Demings, he should pick Val Demings. He shouldn't be pressured to pick the politically correct candidate.

Back
Top Bottom