• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden is getting backlash for putting Klobuchar on the shortlist

I am not going to stoop to your level in response.
If you want to talk about diversity. How far do you want to go?
How is wanting to select the most qualified racist? Explain that to me

Affirmative action and black activism are not because black people are inferior and have no qualified candidates.

Do you understand that?

Are you starting to see why we have affirmative action and activism?

Affirmative action and black activism are not because black people are inferior and have no qualified candidates.

Do you understand that?

Are you starting to see why we have affirmative action and activism?

"I do not believe any person different than me is inferior. Never treated people that way. So please stop making assumptions about me. "

D

You are part of the problem. Did I say "racism" doesn't exist? You seem unable to get past a persons skin color. Did I say no black person is qualified.

Tell me, is it not racist to say Klobuchar should not be on the list? Is it she is not qualified or is it she is not the right skin color.

Since I am not a "racist idiot", I will dismiss your posts as a rant.

Polls have shown that only about a quarter of Democrats think race or sex matters for a Vice President. This was shown in the CBS poll and the Politico poll.

If you look at the top 3 finishers in the Democratic Primary, they were Biden, Sanders, and then Warren. All of these candidates are in their 70s and white.

Elizabeth Warren is far more popular with black Americans than Kamala Harris.

My question here is does the majority of Americans really care if Biden picks a black woman or a Latina, or is this just media noise.

You have another reason?

Certainly some is from racism as it exists on every continent on the planet.

But if racism as you say is keeping them down, how did the 3% succeed? I believe a lot of things play a part - ambition, drive, ingenuity, education, adaptation, luck to name a few. To use a blanket statement saying the only reason people don't succeed is because of racism is narrow minded.

Certainly some is from racism as it exists on every continent on the planet.

But if racism as you say is keeping them down, how did the 3% succeed? I believe a lot of things play a part - ambition, drive, ingenuity, education, adaptation, luck to name a few. To use a blanket statement saying the only reason people don't succeed is because of racism is narrow minded.

What drives the disproportionate poverty and wealth suffered by black people. Was it slavery and generations of racist laws and injustice today? I think so.

Now, poverty has many symptoms, but it is the cause of those symptoms. Those symptoms are not the result of black skin. There are no symptoms of black skin.

So, you can point to symptoms all day long. You're avoiding the source of the problem. I believe that is racism. I believe racism has never allowed black people to rise from the 0% of wealth and power slavery imposed upon them to proportionate wealth and power.

Some people believe it's because black people are inferior.

Do you believe racism or inferiority has held and holds black people back?

Polls have shown that only about a quarter of Democrats think race or sex matters for a Vice President. This was shown in the CBS poll and the Politico poll.

If you look at the top 3 finishers in the Democratic Primary, they were Biden, Sanders, and then Warren. All of these candidates are in their 70s and white.

Elizabeth Warren is far more popular with black Americans than Kamala Harris.

My question here is does the majority of Americans really care if Biden picks a black woman or a Latina, or is this just media noise.

I personally don't care what gender or color the VP pick is. I would like the best qualified selected.

Yes, the media is making noise about it.

Do you think he's going to be "forced to pick a black woman"? I am thinking most likely.
It's certainly far more likely now that he's insulted so many people by admitting to taking their votes for granted.

white nationalists are going to vote for Mango the racist orange clown. Most of the rest of us are going to vote against him, as we don't like white nationalist cult leaders. If i ever use another tiki torch, it will be to light up a cookout or a campsite, not to chant dumb anti-Semitic nazi bull**** like Trumpsters.
You have your finger on the pulse of white nationalists far more than I. I really don't care how 0.00001% of the population will vote. In typical Democrat fashion, you'd prefer to talk about meaningless bs rather than the fact that out of 50 million black people in the US, Obama was the first that Biden came across in 70 years that he believed was "bright, articulate, and clean".

the new right wing tactic is to pretend that black people might prefer a white supremacist like Bull**** J. McTweetyballs who dog whistles to nazis and other racists regularly. i tend to doubt that.

i find it odd that you say black conservative would vote for a white supremacists. this is right up there with saying they are not black if they don't vote for biden.

i thought liberals hated racism.

white nationalists are going to vote for Mango the racist orange clown. Most of the rest of us are going to vote against him, as we don't like white nationalist cult leaders. If i ever use another tiki torch, it will be to light up a cookout or a campsite, not to chant dumb anti-Semitic nazi bull**** like Trumpsters.

so you are saying all the black and hispanic people that are going to vote for trump are white nationalists?

i find that argument very hard to believe.
i find it very racists and offensive. i am sure they would as well.

It's certainly far more likely now that he's insulted so many people by admitting to taking their votes for granted.

it should be interesting.

You have your finger on the pulse of white nationalists far more than I. I really don't care how 0.00001% of the population will vote. In typical Democrat fashion, you'd prefer to talk about meaningless bs rather than the fact that out of 50 million black people in the US, Obama was the first that Biden came across in 70 years that he believed was "bright, articulate, and clean".

I have missed every nazi meeting, so I can only speculate.

What drives the disproportionate poverty and wealth suffered by black people. Was it slavery and generations of racist laws and injustice today? I think so.

Now, poverty has many symptoms, but it is the cause of those symptoms. Those symptoms are not the result of black skin. There are no symptoms of black skin.

So, you can point to symptoms all day long. You're avoiding the source of the problem. I believe that is racism. I believe racism has never allowed black people to rise from the 0% of wealth and power slavery imposed upon them to proportionate wealth and power.

Some people believe it's because black people are inferior.

Do you believe racism or inferiority has held and holds black people back?

Good grief, racism or inferiority are but two choices from a host of factors. I don't believe anyone is inferior. I do believe anyone can do anything if they have enough drive. I mean geez, we elected a Black man as the most powerful man in the world. There are countless more examples of successful people from all races and backgrounds. Regardless of the challenges they faced, they have in common the fact they didn't curl in a ball and give up.

I can only speak to my own experiences when it comes to issues of poverty. But a lack of a stable family unit certainly leads to a host of potential issues down the road, no matter the color of your skin.

...If Biden does pick Klobuchar, he's going to have to do a lot of explaining and making amends.

While Biden is enjoying a comfortable lead in the polls, I do see a potential iceberg happening. The Democrat party might be on the verge of eating their own.

Anything is possible, but they won't be eating their own, maybe a nibble. If he doesn't choose a black running mate, many won't be happy, but on election day and they have to choose between Don and Biden, everyone knows who'll they'll vote for.

Personall, I'm pulling for Klobuchar...

Good grief, racism or inferiority are but two choices from a host of factors.

Again with the typical bs about factors. We're looking at cause. Not symptoms. Not factors. Cause.

Why are black people disproportionately poor?

You have two choices: Racism or inferiority.

Talking whitey bs about symptoms and factors of poverty is merely a way to claim inferiority. We're talking cause. Not cause or cycle of poverty. Cause of disproportionate poverty.

Last edited:
Again with the typical bs about factors. We're looking at cause. Not symptoms. Not factors. Cause.

Why are black people disproportionately poor?

You have two choices: Racism or inferiority.

Have you quit beating your wife/girlfriend/significant other? You have two choices, Yes or No. Asking that makes as much sense as your question on why some black people are poor.

There are many causes for blacks being "disproportionately poor". You only listed two. They are not the only factors.

It is a know fact that racism against "blacks" occurred in the US and still does to a limited way today.

Have you quit beating your wife/girlfriend/significant other? You have two choices, Yes or No. Asking that makes as much sense as your question on why some black people are poor.

There are many causes for blacks being "disproportionately poor". You only listed two. They are not the only factors.

It is a know fact that racism against "blacks" occurred in the US and still does to a limited way today.

What is the cause of disproportionate poverty? Not symptom of poverty. Not cause of poverty. Cause of disproportionate poverty.

You have only two choices.

What is the cause of disproportionate poverty? Not symptom of poverty. Not cause of poverty. Cause of disproportionate poverty.

You have only two choices.

define: " inferiority." as you are using it.

Can poor education be a cause of poverty, disproportionate or not?
How about wage disparity?

Explain how some non minorities are poor. What is the cause of that. Is it the same as you claim of black poor are poor because of Racism or Inferiority.

define: " inferiority." as you are using it.

Can poor education be a cause of poverty, disproportionate or not?
How about wage disparity?

Explain how some non minorities are poor. What is the cause of that. Is it the same as you claim of black poor are poor because of Racism or Inferiority.

I said no symptoms, factors or causes of poverty. I know them all.

Cause of disproportionate poverty (wealth and power). I know that one too, but some people can't say it.

Last edited:
I said no symptoms, factors or causes of poverty.

Cause of inferiority.

It seems you cannot answer the questions asked.

Are you saying poor education is not a cause of disproportionate poverty?
Are you saying wage disparity is not a cause of disproportionate poverty.?

Tell us what you mean by " Inferiority. " when applied to poor blacks.

It seems you cannot answer the questions asked.

Are you saying poor education is not a cause of disproportionate poverty?
Are you saying wage disparity is not a cause of disproportionate poverty.?

Tell us what you mean by " Inferiority. " when applied to poor blacks.

You can't understand. I have an MSc including sociology and anthropology and PhD(c) interdisciplinary ecology specializing in gender. I spent years researching in Africa, working with small farms. I've spent years studying world development in graduate school. You can't tell me a damn ****ing thing about poverty.

I'm asking you for the cause of disproportionate poverty. Context is global and includes the US.

You can't understand. I have an MSc including sociology and anthropology and PhD(c) interdisciplinary ecology specializing in gender. I spent years researching in Africa, working with small farms. I've spent years studying world development in graduate school. You can't tell me a damn ****ing thing about poverty.

I'm asking you for the cause of disproportionate poverty. Context is global and includes the US.

If true, good for you on your education and work experience in Africa. Not sure how your work experience in Africa applies to the US.

Have a good day. It is clear you don't want to discuss or inform. I will leave with saying you should not judge someone you do not know. While I don't have a PhD. I do have a MS in wildland fire. I have worked with Native American fire crews, helped train them. Many on the Reservations are definably not rich..

So I won't try and tell you anything about poverty. You are the authority it seems.

Have a good one.

I

If true, good for you on your education and work experience in Africa. Not sure how your work experience in Africa applies to the US.

Have a good day. It is clear you don't want to discuss or inform. I will leave with saying you should not judge someone you do not know. While I don't have a PhD. I do have a MS in wildland fire. I have worked with Native American fire crews, helped train them. Many on the Reservations are definably not rich..

So I won't try and tell you anything about poverty. You are the authority it seems.

Have a good one.

I

Failing to admit that racism causes disproportionate poverty is racist.

Failing to admit that racism causes disproportionate poverty is racist.

Show the quote where I said that? I pointed out to you (mr PhD) that other causes exist.
Either prove it or retract.

Back
Top Bottom