• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Is Being Blackmailed

I suppose it is either Biden or the man child. You know the one who throws temper tantrums, calls others names like a four year old spoiled brat, is a the third grade schoolyard bully and a very thin skinned egotist who take offense at anyone who might, just might have a bad thought about him. Then it's time to create a feud.

Right now I think I prefer the adult with whatever his past transgressions might have been.

If it is about the man I totally agree. Biden wins hands down over Trump. But, it is not really about the man, it is about the policies and the direction of the country and I don't want it to be Biden's direction. Even though he himself is somewhat moderate he has no testicles to stand up to the radical left. His policies already incorporate leftist America. He will allow the cancel culture to thrive.

If he picks Elizabeth Warren he is covered on all fronts. Woman...ehhh...check..Minority...ehhh...check. She is a woman...right?

To be honest, I would rather him pick any black woman other than Susan Rice before picking Warren.

Save your energy, your gonna needs lots of material in the next 85 days...

I have absolutely no doubt that the left can come up with endless videos, cartoons, and GIF's because that's all they've got.

Fact: Your OP is an argument from ignorance. You cannot prove that your OP is true or false. It is what constitutes a conspiracy theory, and then you respond to my post as if I was supposed to somehow prove it was true or false. My apologies for not going along with your QAnon thread.

LOL. That's exactly my point! It's been four years now and Democrats haven't been able to prove one thing against Trump other than their opinions. Russian collusion. Trump is being blackmailed by Putin over pee tapes. You are the first person to understand the true meaning of this thread. Congratulations!

Klobachar was actually his best pick but blacks ordered Biden not to pick her.

Biden's best chance is with Klobachar or Whitmer. Unless he somehow can convince Condoleeza Rice to switch parties and run with him, the current Black females on his list are going to alienate more voters than win voters. Didn't the dems already try running a "shrill" female last time? How did that work out?

Harris has to be the most Shrill in the group, but that Bass woman....good lordy, what a devout commie she is, how would that play in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, or Michigan?

"He better pick a Black woman"

It's obvious that blacks have the goods on Biden and will use him to do their bidding. They've got something on Biden, probably proof of MeToo violations or going too far caressing little girls' hair. Throw in a little Ukraine collusion to help his son and Biden will be forced to do whatever BLM tells him to do. Is this the way we want our country run, by a leader being blackmailed by BLM or other black leaders?

‘He better pick a Black woman’: Biden faces Whitmer backlash

You are on a roll today.

fat-man-roll-down-the-hill.gif

It's like the usual suspects take turns...

"ok, now you make four completely, hopelessly, and irretrievably moronic threads; I'll cover in two hours!"

LOL. That's exactly my point! It's been four years now and Democrats haven't been able to prove one thing against Trump other than their opinions. Russian collusion. Trump is being blackmailed by Putin over pee tapes. You are the first person to understand the true meaning of this thread. Congratulations!

At least you admit the premise. I am not sure I agree with the rest about nothing being found regarding Trump. I will wait until he is out of office and see what legal authorities actually reveal. I am doing the same with the Durham investigation. Both sides trump up a lot of charges, no pun intended, and most of them end up being a lot of hot air.

"He better pick a Black woman"

It's obvious that blacks have the goods on Biden and will use him to do their bidding. They've got something on Biden, probably proof of MeToo violations or going too far caressing little girls' hair. Throw in a little Ukraine collusion to help his son and Biden will be forced to do whatever BLM tells him to do. Is this the way we want our country run, by a leader being blackmailed by BLM or other black leaders?

‘He better pick a Black woman’: Biden faces Whitmer backlash

The funniest part is that Biden has never done anything for black people in his 47 years in office. He thinks being Obama's official hindquarters sniffer is an accomplishment.

Biden's best chance is with Klobachar or Whitmer. Unless he somehow can convince Condoleeza Rice to switch parties and run with him, the current Black females on his list are going to alienate more voters than win voters. Didn't the dems already try running a "shrill" female last time? How did that work out?

Harris has to be the most Shrill in the group, but that Bass woman....good lordy, what a devout commie she is, how would that play in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, or Michigan?

If Biden picks Condoleeza Rice then he's got my vote. You saw it here first. I'd also take Nikki Haley.

At least you admit the premise. I am not sure I agree with the rest about nothing being found regarding Trump. I will wait until he is out of office and see what legal authorities actually reveal. I am doing the same with the Durham investigation. Both sides trump up a lot of charges, no pun intended, and most of them end up being a lot of hot air.

You are rather unusual. You seem to lean left but are not infected with TDS. I'm sorry if sometimes I might treat you as a TDS'r because so many lefties here have been diagnosed with the disorder.

If he picks Elizabeth Warren he is covered on all fronts. Woman...ehhh...check..Minority...ehhh...check. She is a woman...right?

Yes, anyone who wants to be a woman gets to be one now. Even Liz. Rumor has it Biden is going to select Governor Blackface Northam who will identify as a black woman for the purposes of this election

According to the article, Biden would actually lose Michigan if he picked her. She must be really popular there.

She's a typical Dem turned tyrannical dictator with her covid emergency powers.

Harris was not popular with blacks or with women. Despite having the adoring press in her corner, she was the first to drop out of the primary race without getting a single vote. She adds nothing but a vagina and dark skin to the presidential ticket. Apparently democrats think thats enough to convince their low information voters to come out to the polls.

You are rather unusual. You seem to lean left but are not infected with TDS. I'm sorry if sometimes I might treat you as a TDS'r because so many lefties here have been diagnosed with the disorder.

My family, outside myself, despises Trump. I dislike him, but I definitely have less disdain for him than most who oppose him. I actually think many of his policies would benefit our country, but I tend to disagree with his methods implementing those policies. In my opinion, he is too impulsive and makes a lot of choices purely to stick it to either his, Republican's, or America's perceived enemies. In most cases, a more diplomatic approach would have better results.

Hold on now...

Look at the number of indictments and convictions of people on Team Trump. At least as to him, there weren't any 'trumped up' charges.

Then look at the complete failure of Trump's AGs to put anyone Team Trump said is guilty of something in jail. "Lock her up" was the rallying cry, but Sessions did not get an indictment, nor was it leaked that he so much as tried.

Given the way things have gone and regardless of anything else more generally one might say about "both sides", I'd say the best bet is on Durham's investigation coming up with nothing leading to a conviction (whether by guilty plea or jury trial) while Trump, if he skates, only does so because the statute of limitations has expired or - God forbid - he wins a second term and runs out the clock on the rest.*

But we'll see. The bitter irony, if it can be called that... the bitter irony in all this is that the people cheering on Durham are the first to accuse 'the left' generally of only wanting people on the right who commit crimes to go to jail. But in every single thread on "the left" on the subject of whether some left politician committed a crime, every single person on the "the left" or in the middle who posts who bothers says yes if they committed a crime they should be prosecuted.

It's pretty much only the Trumpists who insist that if someone on Team Trump is charged, it must be a hoax, a conspiracy, a "witch hunt". Stone? A sham. Jury must've been deep state plants. Flynn? They forced him to lie and plead guilty (wat?). So on and so forth.

*Federally and in every state, we need laws passed that toll the statute of limitations for any crime committed by a person who is considered immune to indictment due to holding office (currently only POTUS, to my knowledge; hasn't been tested but is the likely result, per scholarly argument).

There is no reason why winning an election should mean you get to skate on crimes you committed before office but haven't been indicted for yet, or especially for any you commit while in office.

Last edited:
If it is about the man I totally agree. Biden wins hands down over Trump. But, it is not really about the man, it is about the policies and the direction of the country and I don't want it to be Biden's direction. Even though he himself is somewhat moderate he has no testicles to stand up to the radical left. His policies already incorporate leftist America. He will allow the cancel culture to thrive.

Right now I'd say there's plenty of people fed up with Trump's childish antics and very unpresidential behavior that policy and the direction of the country is taking a back seat. Trump's obnoxious, uncouth personality is something I've been warning Trump supporters and Republicans ever since Trump first took the office of the president.

I spoke loudly of it prior to the 2018 midterms. But was met from Trumpers about how good the economy was and how the Republicans would actually pick up seats in the house. Oops, the blue wave happened. It's the same today without the great economy. Independents changed from Trump in 2016 to democrats in 2018 by a 54-42 margin. The GOP is still the smaller of the two major parties, so it is a must Trump and company win the independent vote or lose the election.

In 2016, independents didn't like either major party candidate, they just disliked Hillary more than Trump. right now you have 21% of independents who like Trump, 50% do not. The rest fall into the neither like nor dislike or undecided, not sure column. Biden does fair a bit better among independents 29% like, 34% dislike. The rest falling into the neither like nor dislike or undecided, not sure column.

There's the rub, in 2016 Trump was disliked by 57% of independents, Hillary by 70%. An advantage of 13 points for Trump which paid off by him winning the independent vote even though 12% of independents voted against both major party candidates. This time or at least as of now, the advantage goes to Biden 34% vs 50%, a 16 point advantage. This is important as history shows folks usually don't vote for someone they disliked.

for a good many independents, the presidential election is a beauty contest. their likes and dislikes, they're perceptions of the candidates takes front and center. For them, this election could and I should say, is turning into a personality contest. At least as of today.

I do agree that Biden who is viewed as a moderate is being pulled further and further left. That you're probably correct that he will become a stooge for the far left. If so, if Biden abandons his more moderate stances, I guarantee the Republican Party will regain control of the house in 2022. You can write that down. It's being seen as a moderate and as an adult that is Biden's biggest strengths among independents. You don't want to disappoint them. If Biden and company does, expect another 1994 and 2010 to happen in 2022. Like 2018, when there was no Hillary around to save Trump and the Republicans, in 2022 there will be no Trump to save Biden and the democrats. Especially if the Democrats take this as a mandate for their policies when in reality it is all about getting rid of Trump, the man-child. 60% of Independents still view the Democratic Party very unfavorably, while 62% view the Republican Party very unfavorable. Neither is liked.

Hold on now...

Look at the number of indictments and convictions of people on Team Trump. At least as to him, there weren't any 'trumped up' charges.

Then look at the complete failure of Trump's AGs to put anyone Team Trump said is guilty of something in jail. "Lock her up" was the rallying cry, but Sessions did not get an indictment, nor was it leaked that he so much as tried.

Given the way things have gone and regardless of anything else more generally one might say about "both sides", I'd say the best bet is on Durham's investigation coming up with nothing leading to a conviction (whether by guilty plea or jury trial) while Trump, if he skates, only does so because the statute of limitations has expired or - God forbid - he wins a second term and runs out the clock on the rest.*

But we'll see. The bitter irony, if it can be called that... the bitter irony in all this is that the people cheering on Durham are the first to accuse 'the left' generally of only wanting people on the right who commit crimes to go to jail. But in every single thread on "the left" on the subject of whether some left politician committed a crime, every single person on the "the left" or in the middle who posts who bothers says yes if they committed a crime they should be prosecuted.

It's pretty much only the Trumpists who insist that if someone on Team Trump is charged, it must be a hoax, a conspiracy, a "witch hunt". Stone? A sham. Jury must've been deep state plants. Flynn? They forced him to lie and plead guilty (wat?). So on and so forth.

*Federally and in every state, we need laws passed that toll the statute of limitations for any crime committed by a person who is considered immune to indictment due to holding office (currently only POTUS, to my knowledge; hasn't been tested but is the likely result, per scholarly argument).

There is no reason why winning an election should mean you get to skate on crimes you committed before office but haven't been indicted for yet, or especially for any you commit while in office.

My issue is that all the obstruction that occurs makes it difficult to sort out what charges will stick versus which will not. I have had a difficult time sorting out what has been allegedly revealed by Democratic investigations versus what Republicans claim to have refuted. Both arguments have been made in convincing forms, and as someone who does not practice law, I do not feel my opinion could be substantiated enough to weigh in either way. Since I lean left, I am more inclined to agree with you, but I am not willing to put my thoughts into a debate that I know I would lose with both sides.

My issue is that all the obstruction that occurs makes it difficult to sort out what charges will stick versus which will not. I have had a difficult time sorting out what has been allegedly revealed by Democratic investigations versus what Republicans claim to have refuted. Both arguments have been made in convincing forms, and as someone who does not practice law, I do not feel my opinion could be substantiated enough to weigh in either way. Since I lean left, I am more inclined to agree with you, but I am not willing to put my thoughts into a debate that I know I would lose with both sides.

I can say this much more: you don't have to believe me, but I do criminal appeals in indigent cases, meaning it's ugly blue collar crime mostly. The more violent stuff, not the embezzlement of millions by rich people.

The people who were indicted on Team Trump just about all got convicted. A couple (Manafort, Stone) by jury trial. The rest by guilty plea.

Here's the juxtaposition:

- The well enough off defendant with connections can beat a garbage case. No matter what is said elsewhere, a jury of 12 people must be convinced of guilt. OR, the defense attorney(s) must convince the defendant that there's no chance in hell of winning because the client is so damn guilty, so plead and get a deal (or cooperate).

- The poor defendants don't have that. They're thrown into the public defense system. We actually have a decent one in MA. Granted, we make less per hour than we did in 2006 (the last raise we got only got us halfway to then, and now there's more inflation with FAR more to follow from the COVID/Deficit fallout). But in many states it really is garbage. Defense agencies are staffed with people utterly dedicated, but someone who has to handle hundreds of cases in a can only devote so much time to each case. 98% plead. The prosecutors are also overburdened, but they can count on that plea rate. Their resources go to trials. And they can call on police resources. Defense has to beg for the judge to grant funds for even an investigator, nevermind an expert.

It's indigent people who get run over, who get framed, who get convicted even if guilty on a charge they'd easily skate on if of means.

And yes, juries can be affected by publicity. Yes, it's probably true that not all jurors are impartial as they say or honest about whether they obey instructions not to read the papers. Guess who that hurts most...

All this adds up to mean that these people who were on Team Trump who were convicted were almost certainly guilty. The Flynns of the world do not plead if they think they can beat the case. The poor black dude who can sit in jail for a year and lose home/possessions/job/everything OR cop to a cocaine possession charge when it really was spilled baby powder and a faulty drug test.....that's different (look up convictions based on faulty field drug tests in Texas, for example).

These people weren't railroaded. Hell, one of the things Stone was convicted of was witness intimidation (I think - or similar charge). They had his texts, undeniably from him, telling a potential witness to prepare to die.

I can say this much more: you don't have to believe me, but I do criminal appeals in indigent cases, meaning it's ugly blue collar crime mostly. The more violent stuff, not the embezzlement of millions by rich people.

The people who were indicted on Team Trump just about all got convicted. A couple (Manafort, Stone) by jury trial. The rest by guilty plea.

Here's the juxtaposition:

- The well enough off defendant with connections can beat a garbage case. No matter what is said elsewhere, a jury of 12 people must be convinced of guilt. OR, the defense attorney(s) must convince the defendant that there's no chance in hell of winning because the client is so damn guilty, so plead and get a deal (or cooperate).

- The poor defendants don't have that. They're thrown into the public defense system. We actually have a decent one in MA. Granted, we make less per hour than we did in 2006 (the last raise we got only got us halfway to then, and now there's more inflation with FAR more to follow from the COVID/Deficit fallout). But in many states it really is garbage. Defense agencies are staffed with people utterly dedicated, but someone who has to handle hundreds of cases in a can only devote so much time to each case. 98% plead. The prosecutors are also overburdened, but they can count on that plea rate. Their resources go to trials. And they can call on police resources. Defense has to beg for the judge to grant funds for even an investigator, nevermind an expert.

It's indigent people who get run over, who get framed, who get convicted even if guilty on a charge they'd easily skate on if of means.

And yes, juries can be affected by publicity. Yes, it's probably true that not all jurors are impartial as they say or honest about whether they obey instructions not to read the papers. Guess who that hurts most...

All this adds up to mean that these people who were on Team Trump who were convicted were almost certainly guilty. The Flynns of the world do not plead if they think they can beat the case. The poor black dude who can sit in jail for a year and lose home/possessions/job/everything OR cop to a cocaine possession charge when it really was spilled baby powder and a faulty drug test.....that's different (look up convictions based on faulty field drug tests in Texas, for example).

These people weren't railroaded. Hell, one of the things Stone was convicted of was witness intimidation (I think - or similar charge). They had his texts, undeniably from him, telling a potential witness to prepare to die.

According to the right, Flynn pled guilty because FBI agents threatened to convict his son of crimes if he did not cooperate and plead guilty, so they used a threat as leverage. Is it true? That is one of the things the Durham investigation is going to reveal.

Stone intimidated a witness with a Godfather reference and by threatening the person's dog. Those threats were used to increase Stone's sentence, but Barr then argued that other testimony showed those threats were out of character and may have been interpreted to be more significant than they actually were. That was why the enhancement was removed to equate Stone's sentence to others who had similar offenses.

Harris was not popular with blacks or with women. Despite having the adoring press in her corner, she was the first to drop out of the primary race without getting a single vote. She adds nothing but a vagina and dark skin to the presidential ticket. Apparently democrats think thats enough to convince their low information voters to come out to the polls.

LOL....

"130lbs of skin wrapped around a vagina" I believe one internet podcast person called Kamela Harris. She has a record of being a bit of a slut too I have heard.

LOL....

"130lbs of skin wrapped around a vagina" I believe one internet podcast person called Kamela Harris. She has a record of being a bit of a slut too I have heard.

So, she's just like the current First Lady?

Race baiting OP thinks people having opinions and a vote is "blackmail".

I agree, definitely a race baiting OP, and really should be in the Conspiracy forum.

Back
Top Bottom