• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Insulting Men by Picking Woman

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I can't believe that Trump would actually insinuate this as an insult. I don't believe in excluding another gender or race as the best possible candidate but I also believe in choosing a running mate that gives you the greatest chance of winning.

Trump: Biden Is Insulting Men Everywhere by Picking Woman as Running Mate

If you're looking for a quintessential example of fragile masculinity, look no further. President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday morning that, in pledging to pick a woman as his running mate, Joe Biden has offended men everywhere.

Asked by Travis who he would pick if he was in Biden’s position, the president replied: "I would be inclined to a different route to the way he’s done. First of all he roped himself into a, you know, certain group of people." For those unable to crack the president’s mysterious code, Travis explained: “He said he had to pick a woman.”

Trump replied: "He said that. Some people would say that men are insulted by that, and some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

I can't believe that Trump would actually insinuate this as an insult. I don't believe in excluding another gender or race as the best possible candidate but I also believe in choosing a running mate that gives you the greatest chance of winning.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...as-running-mate-in-interview-with-clay-travis

If you're looking for a quintessential example of fragile masculinity, look no further. President Donald Trump suggested Tuesday morning that, in pledging to pick a woman as his running mate, Joe Biden has offended men everywhere.

Asked by Travis who he would pick if he was in Biden’s position, the president replied: "I would be inclined to a different route to the way he’s done. First of all he roped himself into a, you know, certain group of people." For those unable to crack the president’s mysterious code, Travis explained: “He said he had to pick a woman.”

Trump replied: "He said that. Some people would say that men are insulted by that, and some people would say it's fine. I don't know."

Trump is just throwing **** against a wall and hoping some sticks. At this point, he's just flailing around blindly.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump...as-running-mate-in-interview-with-clay-travis

Honestly women should be insulted. minority women should be really insulted.
Your being picked as a tag along.
Your only being picked because the leftist extremist party demands he pick a women and not just any women a minority women.

it is more like the "token" pick.

Your only being picked because the leftist extremist party demands he pick a women and not just any women a minority women.

I guess they cant possibly be qualified

I think that Susan Rice or Elizabeth Warren is more than qualified.

How many times has a woman or person of color been rejected because of their race and/or gender?

The Daily Beast must be bored.

Picking a white man is the only way we can be sure he isn't giving preference to race or gender. He would also be well advised to pick a Christian so there's no appearance of religious bias.

That position has been filled by Pence!

I remember Trump saying how insulted he was and other men were when McCain picked Palin as his running mate, because that was an insult to men, apparently.

I don't know why people would support either one, but I especially don't understand why anybody who calls themselves a progressive would even consider voting for Biden. He is as creepy as they come and is no more progressive than Trump.

It is, what it is.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trump's desperation is getting delicious.

Dumb identity politics are dumb. When you call it out, you're called "fragile". Its a 3 year old game perfected by liberals and should be ignored.

I don't know why people would support either one, but I especially don't understand why anybody who calls themselves a progressive would even consider voting for Biden. He is as creepy as they come and is no more progressive than Trump.

And Trump isn't creepy?

"Grab them by the ..."

PEkFNtNm.jpg

Please.

There have always been two qualifications for
VP:

1) Be able to be President
2) Help the ticket win.

There are plenty of women, African American and otherwise qualified for the job.

I think that Susan Rice or Elizabeth Warren is more than qualified.

How many times has a woman or person of color been rejected because of their race and/or gender?

Warren isn't even in the running and Rice is no where near qualified.
She couldn't handle a simple UN appointment.

Please.

There have always been two qualifications for
VP:

1) Be able to be President
2) Help the ticket win.

There are plenty of women, African American and otherwise qualified for the job.

Your right condi rice would make a great president.
SHe is just too smart for go through the process

Nikki hailey will probably run in 2024 and has my vote she has the qualifications.

Warren isn't even in the running and Rice is no where near qualified.
She couldn't handle a simple UN appointment.

How do you know Warren isn't in the running?

Rice is far more qualified to be VP than Trump was for POTUS. ;)

One thing about trump. He has a solid base

The deplorables are the worst of the worst. Racist, uneducated white trash! An embarrassment to the country greater than Trump!

While Trump is just trying to cause outrage, he is somewhat correct about this. If he stated he was only considering men for VP, the same people saying who cares now would be making a big deal of it. To state that you aren't looking at half of the country for VP simply because they are male is in fact bigoted. But its 2020 so its okay to be bigoted in certain directions.

Its all part of the usual identity politics that democrats play. Or more simply pander to who they think will give them the most votes.

While Trump is just trying to cause outrage, he is somewhat correct about this. If he stated he was only considering men for VP, the same people saying who cares now would be making a big deal of it. To state that you aren't looking at half of the country for VP simply because they are male is in fact bigoted. But its 2020 so its okay to be bigoted in certain directions.

I honestly don’t think this is any different. Until recently it was always assumed that the VP would be a white guy. They didn’t have to explicitly state it because it was a given.

Practically speaking I’d guess all candidates deciding on VP picks go into the process already having mentally crossed off a bunch of categories of people.

I honestly don’t think this is any different. Until recently it was always assumed that the VP would be a white guy. They didn’t have to explicitly state it because it was a given.

Practically speaking I’d guess all candidates deciding on VP picks go into the process already having mentally crossed off a bunch of categories of people.

Oh cmon, what would people say if Biden instead said, "My VP will be a white male". Everyone knows the reaction would be much different.

Oh cmon, what would people say if Biden instead said, "My VP will be a white male". Everyone knows the reaction would be much different.

Yeah you are probably right. Lotta people would bitch and moan and still vote for
him.

I actually know several democrats who are bitching and moaning about Harris because she was a pretty aggressive prosecutor.

Back
Top Bottom