• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BIDEN INC: Biden's sister to keep cashing in on brother's career with new memoir, following family tradition

gbg3

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
"President Biden’s younger sister will kick off her book tour Thursday night in Washington, D.C., ahead of the release of her memoir next week, which could create a headache for the White House as she continues to cash in on her brother’s political career, conflicting with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki’s statement last January about the White House's ethics policy."

And I guess it's okay for Joe's sister but not for Harris's niece.

What fake issue do we have to watch Trumpists pretend to rage about now, @gbg3?

Lying, cheating, stealing is fine for the GOP, but someone on the left isn't allowed to write a book? Something like that? The nothingburgers are getting far too stupid.

"President Biden’s younger sister will kick off her book tour Thursday night in Washington, D.C., ahead of the release of her memoir next week, which could create a headache for the White House as she continues to cash in on her brother’s political career, conflicting with White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki’s statement last January about the White House's ethics policy."

Oh look, the right-wing pretending to care about corruption in politics.

I don't like the idea but as long as it is a memoir of her life growing up a Biden and not about her brother's Presedential campaign or Presidency I don't see the conflict. If I recall correctly Harris' niece was told she could not use images of Harris as VP.

Meet and beat the gop smear-a-thin;
Ban Book-writing if you’re a Democrat;
Project nepotism hypocrisy;
Burn books and Puritan thought only;

I guess when my family members get into politics, I can never write a book.
As long as you aren't Harris's niece, I guess it's fine;)

I guess when my family members get into politics, I can never write a book.

This is totally the same thing as renting out your own hotel rooms to foreign emissaries.
Actually, if one of your family members gets into politics, you‘re not allowed to have a job of any kind.

As long as you aren't Harris's niece, I guess it's fine;)
Pretty sure it was only said she could not use images of Harris as VP to sell her clothing line.

ETA Her image and referencing the line as Madam VP.

Last edited:
Might be an interesting read.

What a sad thread

My gosh - the Biden family! From the link:

"Valerie’s husband, John Owens or "Jack," who has been friends with Biden since their law school days at Syracuse, has also benefited from Biden and Hunter. In 2014, Owens requested help from Hunter in an email saying he needed a Chinese business license "secured very quickly" so he could expand his telemedicine company into China.

"Time pressures are very tight, plus the fact that we do not yet have one has caused a slight credibility bump in the company's mind. This all translates into a need for a Business License, and one secured very quickly," Owens wrote. "While this might seem to be a mundane task, I have come to understand that matters such as a Business License can end up taking an inordinate amount of time… time we just do not have."

Biden's brother-in-law asked Hunter to help him with Chinese bureaucracy to expand his business in China.....have I got that right? Not Joe but Hunter.

I personally don't care if people do this. Yes, it's a blatant cashing in on the popularity of a relative - no question. But at least there's some degree of separation between the buyer, the seller, the person profiting (who could be the politician), and the politician. The only people paying for the book are those interested - and hey, they may read the book.

It's also pretty hard to create a conflict of interest by buying a book off of Amazon. I suppose you could buy a whole pallet of books, but that's less likely to be used as an attempt to influence.

"Valerie’s husband, John Owens or "Jack," who has been friends with Biden since their law school days at Syracuse, has also benefited from Biden and Hunter. In 2014, Owens requested help from Hunter in an email saying he needed a Chinese business license "secured very quickly" so he could expand his telemedicine company into China.

"Time pressures are very tight, plus the fact that we do not yet have one has caused a slight credibility bump in the company's mind. This all translates into a need for a Business License, and one secured very quickly," Owens wrote. "While this might seem to be a mundane task, I have come to understand that matters such as a Business License can end up taking an inordinate amount of time… time we just do not have."

Did you go tee tee in your panties when Junior wrote some books?

https://www.amazon.com/Books-Donald-Trump-Jr/s?rh=n:283155,p_27:Donald+Trump+Jr

So?
I mean I don't remember you making threads about the " I got connections" during trump but here this is an issue

I wish you would have shown the same disdain for that other noted author, Donald trump JR. Was he cashing in on daddy's notoriety, or was he an
undiscovered literary genius, merely awaiting his big break?

I wish you would have shown the same disdain for that other noted author, Donald trump JR. Was he cashing in on daddy's notoriety, or was he an
undiscovered literary genius, merely awaiting his big break?
They only cared when people cashed in on bashing Trump otherwise cashing in on Trump was smart business.

LOL, The amount of pathetic, shameless garbage the right posts, knows no bounds.

What does someone writing a book have to do with ethics policy at white house? At least this admin has ethics. And conservatives have no clue about ethics, they have none

I personally don't care if people do this. Yes, it's a blatant cashing in on the popularity of a relative - no question.
Yeah, no question. Lots of money made by family members due to their political relatives.

"During Biden’s second presidential campaign in 2007 and 2008, Owens served as her brother’s national campaign chair. It does not appear that Biden's campaign paid her directly, but the Democratic consulting firm Joe Slade White & Company, where Owens was serving as an "Executive Vice President," raked in over $2.5 million from Biden’s presidential campaign and the "Citizens for Biden" committee between March 2007 and October 2008.

Owens’ daughter, Valerie J. Owens, who goes by "Missy," also cashed in by working for her uncle’s presidential campaign, where she made tens of thousands of dollars."

Yeah, no question. Lots of money made by family members due to their political relatives.

"During Biden’s second presidential campaign in 2007 and 2008, Owens served as her brother’s national campaign chair. It does not appear that Biden's campaign paid her directly, but the Democratic consulting firm Joe Slade White & Company, where Owens was serving as an "Executive Vice President," raked in over $2.5 million from Biden’s presidential campaign and the "Citizens for Biden" committee between March 2007 and October 2008.

Owens’ daughter, Valerie J. Owens, who goes by "Missy," also cashed in by working for her uncle’s presidential campaign, where she made tens of thousands of dollars."
Good for her

Back
Top Bottom