• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden: I'm going to shut down the virus.

This is, I believe, is an authentic Joe Biden twitter post not a parody site:

I have some questions:

Does Joe Biden actually think he can shut down a worldwide pandemic? Like King Canute ordering the tide not to come in?

Which of his Constitutionally limited Presidential powers does he (or any reasonable person) think can accomplish this?

And, if no reasonable person could believe the President has the power to do this, does Twitter have some responsibility to suppress this tweet for being misinformation?

I read elsewhere that CNN suppressed an ad that said Joe Biden would raise taxes. How is this any different? It seems one the media and social media get into the suppression of misinformation business this sort of thing should make this list.

Lol. Maybe in this video, he's talking about how he plans to do that?
That is......IF WE CAN UNDERSTAND HIM. He's talking in codes?
:ROFLMAO:

I have some questions:

Does Joe Biden actually think he can shut down a worldwide pandemic? Like King Canute ordering the tide not to come in?

Which of his Constitutionally limited Presidential powers does he (or any reasonable person) think can accomplish this?
In order to believe that this isn't likely, you'd have to believe that Trump is lying when he says we're "rounding the corner" and that we're going to have a vaccine in weeks.

So do you think Trump is lying to you?

And, if no reasonable person could believe the President has the power to do this, does Twitter have some responsibility to suppress this tweet for being misinformation?
No. If you bothered to read up on their policies, you'd realize that it doesn't even come close to anything they would block.

This is just Joe Biden stating his intent to "shut down" the virus. We don't have a definition of what "shut down" means. I have no reason to doubt that he actually intends to fight the coronavirus in order to suppress it. This is like a QB saying they're going to win the Superbowl. If the team is an underdog, you might laugh at him, but you wouldn't accuse him of spreading misinformation. He's not trying to assert a fact, but to state intent.

Let's say, for example, Biden tweeted "As President, I'm going to alter the laws of gravity so we can have flying cars." Obviously, Biden can't do this, but blocking the tweet would just keep people from realizing the Biden was loony tunes.

If you really think his tweet was obviously unrealistic, you should be retweeting it, not complaining that Twitter isn't blocking it. Although, TBH, acknowledging the toughness of the Coronavirus is undermining Trump's platform and record as President.

I read elsewhere that CNN suppressed an ad that said Joe Biden would raise taxes. How is this any different? It seems one the media and social media get into the suppression of misinformation business this sort of thing should make this list.
I'm not seeing the connection here between CNN not running an ad and Joe Biden tweeting. Did CNN report Biden's tweet as a fact?

I have some questions:

Didn't President Trump say that one day the virus will "magically disappear"/ Maybe Biden is playing on that bit of wisdom.

Maybe Biden will work with world leaders in a more coordinated effort to shut down the virus world wide. Seems Trump pretty much left it up to each country and has provided not world leadership in this pandemic.

Maybe if President Trump would quit demeaning people and the press he would get more favorable coverage. Trump could start by being honest with the American people.

He said in a speech that was on the National news so.

He cannot do worse than trump has done, good grief no one could do worse.
LOL

I have some questions:

I think a bit of that is probably campaign hyperbole, but so far as I can tell most people think he can't do worse than Trump.

And assuming there's a vaccine coming along that will be released next year some time...

I have some questions:

Technically you can shut down the virus with vaccines, testing, and better treatment.

I think a bit of that is probably campaign hyperbole, but so far as I can tell most people think he can't do worse than Trump.

And assuming there's a vaccine coming along that will be released next year some time...
Sure he could have. He would have left the border with China and Europe open for weeks/months and let tens of thousands more infected people in.

Sure he could have. He would have left the border with China and Europe open for weeks/months and let tens of thousands more infected people in.
Go on thinking that if you want.

Go on thinking that if you want.
Just going by Biden's words. He called the action xenophobic. Took him weeks to admit Trump was right

I’m noting a shift in media coverage to a “hey, it looks like there’s not much that can be done about the virus now”.

Example:

I think the smart ones actually get that all the criticism over Trump about the virus is good Democrat politics but there will be questions asked if Biden is elected and nothing really changes.

Questions like: wtf was Biden talking about when he said he was going to shut down the virus and how come nobody in the media called him on it?

Back
Top Bottom