• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has said he'd get rid of fracking on multiple occasions, so therefore he lied at the debate last night.

Yes Biden lied about fracking at the debate. He lied about several things. Before the debate was over Trump campaign uploaded a montage of all the times throughout the primary that Biden and Harris said they were going to ban fracking. Last couple of rallies Trump campaign has been setting up these mega screens and playing the montage of all the times they said they were against fracking. And today in N. Carolina they played a debate between Biden and Sanders where Sanders accused Biden on multiple occasions of stating on the Senate floor wanting to cut Medicare and Social Security. Of course Biden said it wasn't true. Trump campaign pulled all the footage when Biden did go to the well of the Senate calling for Medicare and Social Security to be cut.

Instead of Trump having to spend a lot of time discussing it, they play the videos that show how he lies like a rug.

This footage is being used in targeted areas. In Florida and Arizona where there are many seniors the Medicare/Social Security ads are being run. In the states that rely on fracking like PA, OH, NM, TX etc the fracking lies get played.

Here is the 30 sec. ad running in fracking states.

Today Biden was in one of the counties that Trump flipped in 2016 in PA. Biden had a small group of cars by invitation only at an event. Well there are a lot of Trump supporters in that county and they gathered outside of Biden's event with a microphone and a parade of Trump supporters in their cars beeping their horns while others were chanting things like "4 more years" etc. It got under Biden's skin because you could clearly hear it while he was talking. He ended up calling them Trump Chumps.

The definition of a chump is,

a foolish or easily deceived person.
synonyms:
idiot · halfwit · nincompoop · blockhead · buffoon · dunce · dolt · ignoramus · cretin · imbecile · dullard · moron · simpleton · clod · dope · ninny · dimwit · nitwit · goon · dumbo · dummy · dum-dum · dumbbell · loon · jackass · bonehead · fathead · numbskull.

Heck of a way to reach out to undecided voters while he is trying to come across as a president for all people. Another Biden deplorable moment.

Kudos to the Trump supporters in Buck County PA. 😁
https://www.mediaite.com/politics/b...uding-trump-supporting-chumps-heckling-event/

They should-------------------it makes us energy independent.
Independent only in Trump's world?

"In 2019, the United States imported about 9.14 million barrels per day (MMb/d) of petroleum from about 90 countries. Petroleum includes crude oil, hydrocarbon gas liquids, refined petroleum products such as gasoline and diesel fuel, and biofuels (including ethanol and biodiesel). Crude oil imports of about 6.80 MMb/d accounted for about 74% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports in 2019, and non-crude oil petroleum accounted for about 26% of U.S. total gross petroleum imports.

In 2019, the United States exported about 8.47 MMb/d of petroleum to about 190 countries and 4 U.S. territories. Crude oil exports of about 2.98 MMb/d accounted for 35% of total U.S. gross petroleum exports in 2019. The resulting total net petroleum imports (imports minus exports) were about 0.67 MMb/d in 2019.

- Why is the US exporting petroleum while it still having a need to import?

" The EIA forecasts that the US will become a net importer in the third quarter of 2020 for the first time since 2019. It expects the US will remain a net importer in most months through 2021. '

In November, 2019 the US became a net exporter of oil. That doesn't mean we don't also import oil. There are also different types and grades of oil used for different purposes so that has a bearing on what gets imported and what gets exported. The important point is that we can function without any OPEC oil if we want to or have to.

Kamala Harris lied at the VP debate as well. If you watched ANY of the Democratic primary debates, both Biden and Harris, and almost every other Democratic candidate (it even might have been ALL OF THEM, can't remember), have repeatedly stated they would get rid of fracking. Biden and Harris didn't even claim to say that they changed their minds. They act as if they never were against fracking. So they are ****ing liars. If you really need me to post a link or two, I will (after work tomorrow, I'll post YouTube videos of those statements). But the leftists on these boards should remember those statements, because I expect and hope that they at least watched a couple of the Democratic primary debates.
Weeelll, it's a bit more than that.

Recall that for decades the political elites have been serving lip service to US energy independence? Severing the dependence on foreign oil?

Guys what everyone! We are there right now. The US is energy independent right now, between fracking for natural gas and oil resources the US oil industry in now harvesting we don't need Middle East oil and their political and economic complications. This puts the US in a 'power position' with previous exporters into the US. The US doesn't need them.

So, not only has Biden reaffirmed that he'd ban US Fracking, he also reaffirmed that he'd ban the US oil industry as well.

Fracking as made a large amount of US based natural gas available for not only heating people's homes, but also got electrical generation. The advantage over previous energy sources, specifically for electrical generation - which was coal, is that natural gas burn cleaner, with fewer green house gas emission than coal, so you'd think that this would be a 'win' with the ecomentalists?

The US oil industry employs millions of the US electorate in solid middle class jobs, as well as providing an energy source and in addition the raw materials for millions of consumer products that rely on plastics, from medical injection equipment to medical scanning equipment and everything in between.

So the public policy of banning either / or fracking or the oil industry is not only a stupid and economically debilitating public policy, it is also a stupid and energy independence debilitating public policy as well as foreign trade balance stupid and debilitating public policy, because if we are banned from being able to make it in country, we'd have to procure it from the global market, i.e. China, i.e. trade imbalances, which have their costs as well.

No. Vote no on stupid and debilitating public policies which are proposed.

You can say that with a straight face when Trump has lied over 20,000 in four years and had so many lies in the last debate that they could hardly even count them as there were so many. Where is your logic?
Logic is not necessary when Trump is here.

Kamala Harris lied at the VP debate as well. If you watched ANY of the Democratic primary debates, both Biden and Harris, and almost every other Democratic candidate (it even might have been ALL OF THEM, can't remember), have repeatedly stated they would get rid of fracking. Biden and Harris didn't even claim to say that they changed their minds. They act as if they never were against fracking. So they are ****ing liars. If you really need me to post a link or two, I will (after work tomorrow, I'll post YouTube videos of those statements). But the leftists on these boards should remember those statements, because I expect and hope that they at least watched a couple of the Democratic primary debates.
Sleepy Joe lies all the time!

Are you against lying? Who do you support, Trump? If you do, then you are a big hypocrite.

Logic is not necessary when Trump is here.
Yeah, like the left’s “logic” that there are an “infinite number of genders”! The left goes ONLY by feelings, NOT logic!

Yeah, like the left’s “logic” that there are an “infinite number of genders”! The left goes ONLY by feelings, NOT logic!
Based solely on how complex and nuanced everything else seems to be, it makes perfect logical sense that there would be an infinite number of genders.

Although personally I haven't heard that before, it definitely seems possible.

Back
Top Bottom