• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has made his pick. Last minute predictions please.

It's like we're electing a demographic symbol. Age! Gender! Race! Plays the part! Done!

I have watched Harris in the news since she was in San Francisco, she is my Senator, and I could not tell you one thing she really stands for, one quote worth quoting, anything that isn't deduced from 'well, a Democrat's position is this position, so I assume she is.' She is hugely better than trump or Pence, but I want even more from a leader, and she is now a likely future president. The good news, there's enough wild card, she could become good, hopefully.

I think Obama is probably qualified for the Supreme Court, more than people like Kavanaugh, less than the 'good' justices I'd like; I like the 'tolling' of Republicans; but I'd rather see a better 'progressive' Justice. But with Biden, I don't expect that.

We laugh, but it really would be a First. Just doubt Obama wants to work that hard, the SC is not easy work, but who knows he might like the challenge.

What would be a first? We've had black Americans and a former president on the Supreme Court. First bi-racial Justice?

I would love for Biden to float Hillary as AG, just temporarily.

I strongly believe that Hillary Clinton finds herself being considered as persona non grata among many sectors of the Democratic Party for committing the great sin of helping to put the worst president of all time in the White House.

I strongly believe that Hillary Clinton finds herself being considered as persona non grata among many sectors of the Democratic Party for committing the great sin of helping to put the worst president of all time in the White House.

Oh I'm sure. But I would love to watch Hannity and Carlson if her name was put out there.

And Obama for SCOTUS ... :mrgreen:

conservative suicides would increase all across the USA if this were to happen.

But I think Obama is done with government, even if Biden wins.

How many young black men did Harris send to prison? That can't sit well with the BLM crowd.
Depends. She can present herself as an inside change agent to that crowd, will still maintaining the sensibility of her Law Enforcement background to the moderate Law & Order crowd.

Don't like the pick. Biden has been able to avoid taking Trump's bait. Harris maybe not so much. Her success in debate and interviewing nominees on the Hill are all in very prepared set pieces. Not sure I have seen her do all that well on her feet and on the fly.

Also, she is just too giggly and transparently phony in that regard. You come out for your campaign stops smiling and waving, not giggling. What are you giggling at Kamila? Does the audience look funny to you? Is there a clown in the front row? The primary benefit a VP can bring to Biden relates to the fact that Biden will be a 1 term President AT BEST because of his age. Harris is not quite ready for prime time as the Chief Executive.

Plus Kamila came out of her nomination campaign looking like she had no conviction about anything. She bounced all over the place like a pinball one day to the next.

Maybe the staff Biden has set up for her can tame her. If not, I don't see how Kamila helps Biden as much as Rice would have.

He can still pick Rice for NSA where she will excel.

How many young black men did Harris send to prison? That can't sit well with the BLM crowd.

No. It is juries who convict people (or not) and judges who send them to prison (or not).

We laugh, but it really would be a First. Just doubt Obama wants to work that hard, the SC is not easy work, but who knows he might like the challenge.
Obama's too valuable as an independent agent. We wouldn't want to muzzle him. At least at this point in time.

And Comey for A.G.? Or, Holder?

I hope Biden does a lot of re-appointing people trump fired. The thing with Comey, is how he probably cost Hillary the election with his violating department policy to please the Republicans by making a statement harmful to Hillary, that turned out to be based on nothing. That doesn't wear well for the Democratic Party, even though he's otherwise a good Director.

On the other hand, while I would be happy to see him returned, there might be other good candidates who would be even better selections, I don't know.

Not a fan of Holder. Always seemed a little dodgy, even he was good in some areas. He never prosecuted Bush or Wall Street crimes from before Obama, which they both get blame for. His main qualification seems 'friends with Obama'. I'd like someone better.

But there are US Attorneys, Inspector Generals, vindmans, diplomats, CIA agents, and others I'd like to see all returned. And 23 Post Office officials.

No. It is juries who convict people (or not) and judges who send them to prison (or not).

There are a lot of people who influence the system. Politicians, lawyers, police, judges, juries, commentators, donors, media, and more.

Oh, my gosh. She has just made history as the personification of the Peter Principle. I posted several weeks ago that it was 90% likely to be Harris, and how I opposed that. I'm quite disappointed.

The only silver lining is that I can hope for a better Senator.

I think she's the wrong pick for Biden, but she's not incompetent, I just think it makes it harder for Biden to win. Biden listened and relied way too much on Democratic activists who believed that getting black women out to vote is the winning strategy. I believe we need to attract more independents on neither, or each party, Biden should have listened to hard-nosed campaigners. If Trump alone, regardless of who Biden picked, wasn't enough to motivate black women to get out and vote, they would be as out of touch as Trump voters. And I don't believe they are...

I am going to go with Harris as my final prediction. I have been going back and forth between Harris and Rice, but I think Harris is the most likely pick.

She's a U.S Senator. Democrats love to pick Senators for their Vice Presidential nominee. 17 out of the last 19 Democratic Vice Presidential nominees served in the Senate.

She's ran for President before. There will be no surprises from her. She's already been vetted.

And she's black. Biden doesn't want to drive Democratic voters away.

What is yours? I have Harris as a the slight favorite over Rice. I think Rice has a great shot too.

Prediction: Harris
Spoiler: Rice

Still holding out for Stacy Abrams. She has that sense of steely reality and leadership skills that make her a real potential for president some day. Not so sure about Harris, flashy and shallow and Rice is an inside, out of the lime light, worker. She has great skills but not great leaders\ship skills.

I hope Biden does a lot of re-appointing people trump fired. The thing with Comey, is how he probably cost Hillary the election with his violating department policy to please the Republicans by making a statement harmful to Hillary, that turned out to be based on nothing. That doesn't wear well for the Democratic Party, even though he's otherwise a good Director.

On the other hand, while I would be happy to see him returned, there might be other good candidates who would be even better selections, I don't know.

Not a fan of Holder. Always seemed a little dodgy, even he was good in some areas. He never prosecuted Bush or Wall Street crimes from before Obama, which they both get blame for. His main qualification seems 'friends with Obama'. I'd like someone better.

But there are US Attorneys, Inspector Generals, vindmans, diplomats, CIA agents, and others I'd like to see all returned. And 23 Post Office officials.

Comey has a god complex. Would you have ever been surprised if between Comey's ears its "only I can fix it". Best decision Trump made was firing Comey. The only thing Trump has done I agreed with though he did it for all the wrong reasons and THAT is what got him in trouble.

Comey should never have made it all the way to Director and he absolutely should never make it to the SJC.

I am going to go with Harris as my final prediction. I have been going back and forth between Harris and Rice, but I think Harris is the most likely pick.

She's a U.S Senator. Democrats love to pick Senators for their Vice Presidential nominee. 17 out of the last 19 Democratic Vice Presidential nominees served in the Senate.

She's ran for President before. There will be no surprises from her. She's already been vetted.

And she's black. Biden doesn't want to drive Democratic voters away.

What is yours? I have Harris as a the slight favorite over Rice. I think Rice has a great shot too.

Prediction: Harris
Spoiler: Rice

Well we pretty much knew with 99.9% certainty that it would be a black woman. Now what does she do to help. Solidifies the black vote, maybe, maybe not since she was particularly harsh as the California AG on black criminal offenders. She laughed about smoking pot in an interview and forgot that she was very hard on minor drug offenses in California with the majority of that be black. She has bounced around from moderate to radical left during the campaign and endorsed single payer healthcare. She went after Biden for his stance on race issues during the campaign and his support of racist in Congress. Kamala also failed as a Presidential candidate dropping out of the race just prior to 2020, never getting more than 2-3% of the vote. So safe pick but not a great pick other than being a woman and a black woman.

I think she's the wrong pick for Biden, but she's anything but incompetent, I just think it makes it harder for Biden to win. Biden listened and relied way too much on Democratic activists who believed that getting black women out to vote is the winning strategy. I believe we need to attract more independents on neither, or each party, Biden should have listened to hard-nosed campaigners. If Trump alone, regardless of who Biden picked, wasn't enough to motivate black women to get out and vote, they would be as out of touch as Trump voters. And I don't believe they are...

I'm not calling her incompetent, in the 'Republicans are just corrupt thugs who only care about plutocracy and can't govern' sense.

I'm not calling her incompetent, except that I feel she lacks the sort of 'stands for vision for the country' type leadership. She seems, that I've seen, to have been interesting in little more than collecting titles, and she's now likely to get the biggest one. What hell is wrong with our country, electing the incompetent son of a president, a reality tv star crook and mentally ill liar, and now Harris who the country barely knows - or Pence for that matter?

I'd expect Harris to start as a very 'party' president - a master of socializing and doing favors for the right people and not the wrong ones, and having a good speech team and reading them, and so on, sort of a 'party bureaucrat' president, serving the party's needed, and not being bad for the country in the process, but hardly someone who has a real understanding and vision for the country.

The good news is, I think there's a chance she could grow into more than that, and develop better vision, only time will tell if she'll be more of a 'by the numbers do what groups want' politician, or will rise above that.

Last edited:
Depends. She can present herself as an inside change agent to that crowd, will still maintaining the sensibility of her Law Enforcement background to the moderate Law & Order crowd.

LOL I don't think the people advocating looting Macys are disposed to a candidate that put thousands of black kids in jail for pot.

Back
Top Bottom