• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has made his pick. Last minute predictions please.

BrotherFease

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I am going to go with Harris as my final prediction. I have been going back and forth between Harris and Rice, but I think Harris is the most likely pick.

She's a U.S Senator. Democrats love to pick Senators for their Vice Presidential nominee. 17 out of the last 19 Democratic Vice Presidential nominees served in the Senate.

She's ran for President before. There will be no surprises from her. She's already been vetted.

And she's black. Biden doesn't want to drive Democratic voters away.

What is yours? I have Harris as a the slight favorite over Rice. I think Rice has a great shot too.

Prediction: Harris
Spoiler: Rice

I am going to go with Harris as my final prediction. I have been going back and forth between Harris and Rice, but I think Harris is the most likely pick.

She's a U.S Senator. Democrats love to pick Senators for their Vice Presidential nominee. 17 out of the last 19 Democratic Vice Presidential nominees served in the Senate.

She's ran for President before. There will be no surprises from her. She's already been vetted.

What is yours? I have Harris as a the slight favorite over Rice. I think Rice has a great shot too.

HARRIS is the pick. It is a done deal.

Harris.

Spoiler: Whitmer.

Susan Rice -- she's the perfect choice

Im going with carmen best since she just resigned and is looking for a job

Spoiler
Condi rice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I agree with those that maintain it will be Kamala Harris. I have felt so since she dropped out running for the presidential nomination.

Harris called Biden a racist. Trump will run that clip 24/7 until the election (along with other dem candidates calling him a racist).

I say Harris, also.

I agree with those that maintain it will be Kamala Harris. I have felt so since she dropped out running for the presidential nomination.

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown (D) advised Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) to "politely decline" any offer to be presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s running mate.

Brown wrote that the vice presidency would likely hinder any further political ambitions for Harris.

“Historically, the vice presidency has often ended up being a dead end. For every George H.W. Bush, who ascended from the job to the presidency, there’s an Al Gore, who never got there,” Brown wrote in an op-ed for the San Francisco Examiner.

Willie Brown: Kamala Harris should 'politely decline' any offer to be Biden's running mate | TheHill

I think Willie Brown maybe high. Whoever the VP is will likely be running the country. Joe Biden looks like he can go down any day.

Since the only thing I care about is the defeat of anus tangerinus, I'm staying with Michelle Obama until it's announced otherwise. If not the former FLOTUS, Stacey Abrams brings GA with her, Rep. Deming brings FL, Sen. Duckworth has a compelling crossover story. Voting BLUE no matter who.

Rice. Harris is already scheduled to speak at the convention.

I'm now having some Harris doubts, after seeing the campaign picks for the new Veep's staff. They're heavily weighted to Obama administration people. It might mean nothing. But seeing as how Biden is using a great deal of former Obama people, it leads me to believe Biden is comfortably filling spaces with his old administration cohorts. So, I'm thinking that leads to him finding comfort in Rice.

It's anyone's guess, but while I believe I prefer Harris, I'm now slightly leaning to it being Rice. But my lean is very slight! Harris makes better sense on paper. But, I think Rice tugs on Biden's heart & emotions.

Why Harris over Rice?

He clearly would get along better with Rice. He has already worked with her. And Rice is more likable and has better credentials than Harris.

Oh well, I heard he picked Harris. Why?????!

I'm now having some Harris doubts, after seeing the campaign picks for the new Veep's staff. They're heavily weighted to Obama administration people. It might mean nothing. But seeing as how Biden is using a great deal of former Obama people, it leads me to believe Biden is comfortably filling spaces with his old administration cohorts. So, I'm thinking that leads to him finding comfort in Rice.

It's anyone's guess, but while I believe I prefer Harris, I'm now slightly leaning to it being Rice. But my lean is very slight! Harris makes better sense on paper. But, I think Rice tugs on Biden's heart & emotions.

How many young black men did Harris send to prison? That can't sit well with the BLM crowd.

I still say it's going to be someone unexpected. If it was going to be Harris, he could have named her the moment Klobuchar dropped out. And I don't think it'll be Rice, because she'll be a liability on the campaign trail. Harris I can see as AG. Rice as Secretary of State.... but no matter how hard I try, I still can't think of a better pick for VP than Gina Raimondo.

Harris makes better sense on paper.

I don't get it. Why? Rice has insane educational creds and was ambassador to the U.N. and NSA advisor.

And Harris has ex-prosecutor baggage.

Looks like he picked Harris.

What an absolutely disastrous pick. Progressives hate her, moderates don't like her, and she literally called Biden a racist throughout the entire primary season.

The name I'd like to see is Keisha Lance Bottom, mayor of Atlanta. Not sure why, but I'd prefer her over Abrams and I think she'd be a stronger pull on Georgia voters

What I hate about this pick is that I don't think Harris has a prayer of winning in 2024.

We'll see. I think Biden will give her chances to get out there and be seen/heard & raise her profile for 2024.

What I hate about this pick is that I don't think Harris has a prayer of winning in 2024.

Depends on how a potential Biden administration performs, and what whack job the GOP nominates in 2024.

We'll see. I think Biden will give her chances to get out there and be seen/heard & raise her profile for 2024.

I don't think so. She's just not very likable.

Susan Rice doesn't have the politician spark but she radiates dependability and competence like Angela Merkle. I could easily see Susan Rice getting elected in 2024 simply because the country trusts her. And she is more likable than Harris.

This is a disaster of a choice imo.

What an absolutely disastrous pick. Progressives hate her, moderates don't like her, and she literally called Biden a racist throughout the entire primary season.

Well it fits right in with 2020 then.

Why Harris over Rice?

He clearly would get along better with Rice. He has already worked with her. And Rice is more likable and has better credentials than Harris.

Oh well, I heard he picked Harris. Why?????!

She has law enforcement background as a prosecutor and proved she can dish it out and still act what we used to call "ladylike" in another era.

Back
Top Bottom