• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden has destroyed us

Yeah its hilarious

I learned in 10th grade civics, in 1993, that the idea of the US president having any "real" impact on the price of gas/oil .. a global commodity traded in futures is pure fantasy

somehow many people and news orgs didnt get this lesson

Indeed. And in truth I don't recall the Dems hammering George II when gas prices boomed at the end of his second term.
I could be wrong of course, and if they had, they too would have been wrong.

Ruined pipeline families. Made us dependent on foreign oil. Shut down and killed businesses, ruining many American families forever. Fell going up the stairs of AF1 (exhibits little control of his physical abilities). Created and maintains a human disaster on our southern border, while vacationing at home. Gave away ridiculously expensive embassy and air bases in Afghanistan, then got 13 troops killed. Left American security to the Taliban. Abandoned Americans behind enemy lines. Allowed the reinstatement of a terrorist organization. Has not visited the human disaster he has created at the border, nor has the "VP" that he assigned to the job. Both failures. How much worse can it get? It's not even been a year. Will we be stripped of our guns and overrun by China (by invitation?). How much worse can it possibly get?

Sounds tragic. Maybe you can move to North Korea for protection?

I'm not sure it's ever been that much of a value. For example, remember how the explosion on the Maine was used to justify war with Spain over 100 years ago? It was a useful pretense. No one actually knew whether Spain was involved, but people were happy to use it. Though we've never had a pathological liar like trump in power, and Republicans have IMO set a new record for supporting lies.
In my understanding, what happened to the Maine wasn't common knowledge at the time, so believing the newspaper account was understandable. Now, we can't even get everyone to admit that defaulting on US debt would be a bad thing.

Indeed. And in truth I don't recall the Dems hammering George II when gas prices boomed at the end of his second term.
I could be wrong of course, and if they had, they too would have been wrong.
SOME did a little but they at least said it was because of the war which was "a" factor but yes it was less

Ruined pipeline families. Made us dependent on foreign oil. Shut down and killed businesses, ruining many American families forever. Fell going up the stairs of AF1 (exhibits little control of his physical abilities). Created and maintains a human disaster on our southern border, while vacationing at home. Gave away ridiculously expensive embassy and air bases in Afghanistan, then got 13 troops killed. Left American security to the Taliban. Abandoned Americans behind enemy lines. Allowed the reinstatement of a terrorist organization. Has not visited the human disaster he has created at the border, nor has the "VP" that he assigned to the job. Both failures. How much worse can it get? It's not even been a year. Will we be stripped of our guns and overrun by China (by invitation?). How much worse can it possibly get?

Trump could have been reelected.

*looks around and noticed the country is still not destroyed*

Holy shitaballs that's the biggest lie of the month. I have to bookmark this one, it's so absurd.
This guy is not "elite" ROFL

View attachment 67355148
Now see folks, this is what happens when someone only sees what they want to see of a post.

Don't let this happen to you.

Now see folks, this is what happens when someone only sees what they want to see of a post.

Don't let this happen to you.
Your posts are useful for a laugh now and then.

In my understanding, what happened to the Maine wasn't common knowledge at the time, so believing the newspaper account was understandable. Now, we can't even get everyone to admit that defaulting on US debt would be a bad thing.

You're sort of switching from truth to policy. People can't agree not passing the ceiling increase is bad; when the Maine sunk people couldn't agree that women should have the right to vote or that segregation was wrong... perhaps a better example now on truth is the election fraud lies.

Hey Check out what Republicans did to some Southern States if you really want to be disgusted
You're still mad about the death of Jim Crow? We remember when Democrats controlled the South. It wasn't pretty.

Don't worry, Fox News, NewsMax and OANN will keep you outraged for the next 4 years with plenty of fake grievances. That's what they get paid by the GOP to do.

You're still mad about the death of Jim Crow? We remember when Democrats controlled the South. It wasn't pretty.
Hey, as you wrote earlier, look at what Dems did to inner cities. I invited you to look at several Republican lead Southern States with the exact issues.

And you respond with some Crow bullshit. Give the soundbites a break.

Open your eyes, entire Red States are riddled with poverty, crime, low wages, and sud par education.

But you, ignore that and throw out the
Dems inner city talking point

It's been 28 hours since this thread was started. We are still not destroyed.

You're sort of switching from truth to policy. People can't agree not passing the ceiling increase is bad; when the Maine sunk people couldn't agree that women should have the right to vote or that segregation was wrong... perhaps a better example now on truth is the election fraud lies.
We were talking about the truth of the Maine in the public's eyes. Other policies at that time were not a part of the perception of what happened to the Maine.

*read thread, gets alarmed*

*look around and sees country is not destroyed*

*realizes thread is incredibly hyperbolic*
It's par for the course for the completely moronic right wing. All they do is project and post stupid one line lies. they can't ever defend or point to anything. The negatives right now of Biden, the inflation, is directly the result of the COVID lockdown and economy opening up again, problems with supply chains across the world, nothing to do with Biden or any policies. Same wiht the border. No policy has changed. Trump made a mockery of the process and its causing issues withprocessing. And in fact, its republicans that keep falsely advertising the border is open, so likely they are responsible for any influx. but that's what they do, they purposefully try to tank a democrat administration or block dems admins attempt to fix things, then blame them. Same cycle over and over and it works because the republicans base is so incredibly stupid and brainwashed and don't live in reality

Last edited:
We were talking about the truth of the Maine in the public's eyes. Other policies at that time were not a part of the perception of what happened to the Maine.
Right, but the Maine isn't why I brought up policies; your bringing up current opinions on raising the debt ceiling, is why I brought up opinions on issues then for comparison.

Try watching an alternate news source for 3 days, get back to us.
I tried that just yesterday, watching MSNBC, which is an alternate news source for me. A majority of the hour I watched was about the investigation into Trump. There was not a word about the southern border or the Americans still in Afghanistan, for example. Maybe liberals should try an alternate news source and learn a little of what the glaring issues in America actually are. I'd argue the investigation into Trump is far down the list and nearly all media is deliberately and purposely tailoring their media in a strong attempt to shape public perception - rather than do the job of reporting important and current news.

I tried that just yesterday, watching MSNBC, which is an alternate news source for me. A majority of the hour I watched was about the investigation into Trump. There was not a word about the southern border or the Americans still in Afghanistan, for example. Maybe liberals should try an alternate news source and learn a little of what the glaring issues in America actually are. I'd argue the investigation into Trump is far down the list and nearly all media is deliberately and purposely tailoring their media in a strong attempt to shape public perception - rather than do the job of reporting important and current news.

Yeah, because that's not news. No wonder why you don't like it, you only want to be spoon fed fox news bullshit. You can't take actual relevant news. There is no crisis at the border. The same stuff at the border was happening under Trump. no policies on the border have changed, other than not taking kids from their parents nad keeping them locked up in cages. The American stuck in Afghanista, that's also another non story. They had months from when Trump made the deal with teh Tablian to withdraw, and when it was finally happening, they had opportunities. They are stuck there by their own choice. And seriously, you people don't care about anybody but yourselves, who are you kidding. You dont' care about people in Afghanistan, just want to use it to make up fake scandals to try and attack democrats on, while you excuse criminal activity by Trump

We know what you would argue about what is real news and important, you are a brainwashed conservatives who has lived in an alternate reality of the real fake news Fox news. Fox would be covering investigations into democrats 24/7, like they did with the completely bogus, wasteful Bengazi bullshit. Trump committed treason and was impeached twice, has a history of tax evasion and criminal activity. Yeah, we shouldn't talk about he criminal that was president for 4 years and tried to overturn and election.

Right, but the Maine isn't why I brought up policies; your bringing up current opinions on raising the debt ceiling, is why I brought up opinions on issues then for comparison.
I get it. My point on the debt default was not so much a policy thought, but an example of how something that everyone knows is true (defaulting on our debt would be bad) can still be denied by some people that don't care if they are telling the truth.

I get it. My point on the debt default was not so much a policy thought, but an example of how something that everyone knows is true (defaulting on our debt would be bad) can still be denied by some people that don't care if they are telling the truth.
I don't see the debt ceiling issue as about the truth, but policy. I don't think they're lying about the effect of not raising it so much as choosing to cause the harm for political reasons, such as 'protesting spending' but really more likely to hurt Democrats. I don't recall anyone ever saying 'not raising the debt ceiling will not hurt the economy'.

i think every time i bookmark a dumb thread i should go bump an old thread that i bookmarked.

I don't see the debt ceiling issue as about the truth, but policy. I don't think they're lying about the effect of not raising it so much as choosing to cause the harm for political reasons, such as 'protesting spending' but really more likely to hurt Democrats. I don't recall anyone ever saying 'not raising the debt ceiling will not hurt the economy'.
If you can find one economist that says defaulting on our national debt is not terrible for the economy we can discuss the political impact. It is truth, with no room for denial, that defaulting on the debt would hurt the US and world economy. Period.

MSNBC is no different than Fox only LW instead of RW, very unbalanced reporting in my view. When I watch US cable news I watch CNN which is reporting on the border crisis, the current issues in Congress, Afghanistan, the issue with France, Covid, as well as other things and they are definitely not giving Biden anywhere near a pass. They don't do much on Trump except when he does something worthy of reporting or something new comes out about the times leading up to the 6th or the days after. I don't watch their primetime lineup, except Anderson Cooper now and again, so I can't comment on that.

Back
Top Bottom