• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden-Harris Admin would decriminalize marijuana and expunge marijuana use convictions

It's amazing how easily one stupid post can derail an entire thread.

Semantics, my dear Watson; just like calling it 'dope.' The dopers are the ones that keep blathering about how harmful and socially destructive such a theraputically beneficial plant it actually is, including being used as a more responsible replacement for alcohol, cigarettes, and a host of other legal and illegal mind-altering substances humans regularly use. Screaming 'the children' is a lame and counterproductive dodge that has been worn smooth.

It's supposedly an issue low on the totem for many; the same ones who are having their tax dollars spent on enforcement, incarceration, personnel, equipment, and a plethora of expensive resources used to fight this misdirected and expensive self-defeating War.
One would think with all this BLM rhetoric, that this series of laws which has been escalated to oppress blacks and hippies first by Nixon and most presidents and bureaucrats thereafter, would be expunged from the books - giving law enforcement the right to kick down doors and search citizens without warrant or just cause under the umbrella of 'drug suspicion' is just plain wrong.

IMO, without 'Schedule 1' and this bogus War On Drugs, we would not be having the issues with militarized, heavy handed, and out-of-touch law enforcement like we are suffering through today.

that's great and I am for this issue. unfortunately, i consider this a lot lower on the importance scale than the attacks on the 1st and 2nd amendment he has essentially promised.

I agree, but if this gets some people revved up then so be it.

After she ruined peoples' lives for minor mj convictions in the state of Ca, she decides to see the light...

Btw, legalizing pot should remain a states' issue.

Technically it still would be. The states can still maintain laws making marijuana illegal within the state.

Decriminalizing the sale of a drug, even weed, to children is moronic. That level of change (simply not enforcing existing laws by EO) makes no sense at all.

What makes you think they would do that? If its like beer or cigarettes, Im not sure what your issue should be?

Yes, by all means, let's have a society that is always high on dope.

Because with alcohol legal, everyone is always drunk! :doh

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

MJ really isn't the problem, it is the other drugs and going out of your way to make MJ legal will just bring us closer to the point of decriminalizing opioids as well. Where does it stop?

You sound like someone's grandma...that line hasnt changed in about a century.

And people also said alcohol would bring down society and was a gateway to drugs.

If so, it took 100 years to 'open' that gateway to pot :roll:

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

What makes you think they would do that? If its like beer or cigarettes, Im not sure what your issue should be?

your post causes me to realize how times have changed
there were cigarette machines in my high school's student quad
there were coke machines in my elementary school (6c)
yea, i'm old

If and when Marijuana is decriminalized at least, at least in the United States, it will lead to a domino effect across the globe and lead to full legalization I think in most of the world.

There will be many laggers, maybe close to half.

This doesn't speak to my personal priorities, but it's important to a good many Americans, and I'm glad to see Harris making it clear that she respects a majority of Americans' wishes on a substance we all know perfectly well not to be harmful on any significant level.

For the record, decriminalization and record expunging (on a Federal level, of course), is what the Executive can do on its own. Based on their position, it's fair to assume they would sign any legislation legalizing marijuana altogether.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1305606924948439040

Obama should have done this his second term.

There really isn't much gang or criminal involvement in MJ now. It's like Hillary or Biden or Harris saying they are going to be for women's rights and pass laws making women equal. I really don't know how you even do that since there are already laws on the books with these issues. MJ really isn't the problem, it is the other drugs and going out of your way to make MJ legal will just bring us closer to the point of decriminalizing opioids as well. Where does it stop?

They already are unless you are abusing them. I can go to any doctor right this second and probably fake my way into a vicodin script.

The pharmacist would give them to me with a smile.

Everybody should have done everything exactly right the first time around, and then we would have had a utopia ten thousand years ago.

I agree.

Had he done it (not saying he shouldnt have), Trump would have immediately rescinded that EO.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Yep, the President is not the solution to laws that Congress recklessly passed. Congress is.

Trump campaigned on "states rights" on this issue, but then proceeded to install the Drug Czar Jeff Sessions who bleated the "gateway drug" myth and expanded on Civil Asset Forfeiture until the day he was sacked. So yeah, in spite of what Trump might have said on the campaign trail or anywhere else, I agree he would have done exactly that. Piece of trash.

...'legalization' is a 'slave-mentality' term...'oh please mr. republicrat legislator, please 'legalize' marijuana for me!'... :roll:

...god man it 'legal'...and our rights to grow and use god's seedbearing plants are unalienable...

...what is needed is not 'legalization' but REPEAL of every stinking rotten stoooooooooooooopid 'law' enacted by the republicrat idiots that interferes with a person's obvious rights to and responsibilities for self-medication, ingestion, plant cultivation, etc....

...unfortunately we live among a bunch of gd authoritarian fools who harbor this miserable 'drug prohibition' mentality.... the private prison stockholder$, lawyers, drug pigs, judges, jailers, drug counselors, etc., should thank the republicrats for their monstrous idiocy... ugh...

Back
Top Bottom