• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden hails 'giant step' as Senate passes $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill (3/6/21)

• Republican opposition holds through marathon ‘vote-a-rama’

• Speaker Pelosi has said measure should be law by 14 March

Joe Biden hailed “one more giant step forward on delivering on that promise that help is on the way”, after Democrats took a critical step towards a first major legislative victory since assuming control of Congress and the White House, with a party-line vote in the Senate to approve a $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill.

Biden's FDR moment? President in New Deal-like push that could cement his legacy
Read more

After a marathon voting session through the night on Friday and into Saturday afternoon, Democrats overcame unified Republican opposition to approve the sweeping stimulus package. The final tally was 50-49, with one Republican absent.

One of the largest emergency aid packages in US history now returns to the House for final approval before being signed into law by Biden. Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, has said she expects to approve the measure before 14 March, when tens of millions of Americans risk losing unemployment benefits if no action is taken.
=================================================================
Great. Now when can I get my $1,400?
1615071853115.png

Joe Biden hailed “one more giant step forward on delivering on that promise that help is on the way”, after Democrats took a critical step towards a first major legislative victory since assuming control of Congress and the White House, with a party-line vote in the Senate to approve a $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill.

Biden's FDR moment? President in New Deal-like push that could cement his legacy
Read more

After a marathon voting session through the night on Friday and into Saturday afternoon, Democrats overcame unified Republican opposition to approve the sweeping stimulus package. The final tally was 50-49, with one Republican absent.

One of the largest emergency aid packages in US history now returns to the House for final approval before being signed into law by Biden. Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, has said she expects to approve the measure before 14 March, when tens of millions of Americans risk losing unemployment benefits if no action is taken.
I admire your honesty. At least you are big enough to admit youre only in this for the free handout

Well that was tense.

Actually just 9% of the bill is actual covid relief. Much of the pork is falsely being claimed as covid relief.
There is no doubt some pork.....but to claim only 9% is Covid relief is patently absurd. Interestingly 9% or 10% is being thrown around by the right, guess it must be the nightly talking points. No doubt the right has been told what defines covid relief and what doesn't and of course they will buy it with no regard to the broad implications of the havoc it has reeked on schools, communities, families, municipalities and the economy. My bet is the right is terrified it might right the situation, improve the economy and help millions of families......can t be having that leading up to 2022.

Read more

Now he can give his State of the Union Address that people have been bitching about, which they won't watch.

Now he can give his State of the Union Address that people have been bitching about, which they won't watch.
Instead they will watch the crib notes and highly edited version and spend the entire time yapping about his dementia!

There is no doubt some pork.....but to claim only 9% is Covid relief is patently absurd. Interestingly 9% or 10% is being thrown around by the right, guess it must be the nightly talking points. No doubt the right has been told what defines covid relief and what doesn't and of course they will buy it with no regard to the broad implications of the havoc it has reeked on schools, communities, families, municipalities and the economy. My bet is the right is terrified it might right the situation, improve the economy and help millions of families......can t be having that leading up to 2022.

All of the economic hardship was not caused by covid, it was caused by government shutting down privates businesses and public schools.

Oh, I'll most definitely watch. I think the number of viewers will be huge!

Yep, pounds and pounds of pork. Or, should I say billions and billions of dollars of pork.
Should be easy then for you to list those "billions and billions of dollars of pork" for us, right? So what do you have at it? Go ahead point out the 'pork' to us.

Gee, Americans support getting a $1400 check from the government. Shocking.
Trump supported $2,000. Imagine what you’d be calling him if he was a Democrat.

Leftists are such dishonest pieces of shit.

The COVID relief was held up for months by Pelosi solely because she didnt want to give Trump a 'win'. The later 1400$ COVID relief could have been done in a bipartisan manner in a day...if it werent for the fact the piece of shit rats were hell bent on using the cover of a few hundred billion dollars in COVID relief to pass trillions in political payouts and leftist pork. At the end of the day, its business as usual...the pigs line up to the trough for money we dont have, and the bill will be tacked on and added to the debt our grandkids and greatgrandkids will be stuck with.

And the idiot left cheers that on like its a good thing.

There is no corruption, all accounts are running like a swiss watch, (oh yes!). Only now their inflated annual product has gone somewhere...

Those who voted against one of the most important (and popular!) pieces of legislation in years are the ones who ought to be ashamed.

View attachment 67321762
I for one, am glad that there are zero instances of people later changing their opinions on topics. It's why we still have 88% approval for the war in Afghanistan. Popularity is the single best metric for effective policy.

The bill, large though it may be, is a one time thing. The on-going problems facing the United States of America -- income inequality, poor distribution of health services, up-dating of infrastructure and racism, to name a few -- have yet to be addressed. Thus far, the bill notwithstanding, this Administration and Congress are still to demonstrate that they are capable of anything other than the same old same old we've seen in the past couple of decades.

Regards, stay safe 'n well.

Actually just 9% of the bill is actual covid relief. Much of the pork is falsely being claimed as covid relief.
Helping families with money when many have been laid off is part of "covid relief". Providing aid to states and local municipalities because they are suffering during the pandemic is "covid relief". Providing aid to local and small businesses because they too have been negatively affected by the impact of this pandemic is "covid relief". So please state the parts that would not be "covid relief.

Leftists are such dishonest pieces of shit.

The COVID relief was held up for months by Pelosi solely because she didnt want to give Trump a 'win'. The later 1400$ COVID relief could have been done in a bipartisan manner in a day...if it werent for the fact the piece of shit rats were hell bent on using the cover of a few hundred billion dollars in COVID relief to pass trillions in political payouts and leftist pork. At the end of the day, its business as usual...the pigs line up to the trough for money we dont have, and the bill will be tacked on and added to the debt our grandkids and greatgrandkids will be stuck with.

And the idiot left cheers that on like its a good thing.
This is not true at all. It was held up by those GOP Senators who refused any sort of payments like this and any bill that suggested helping states and local governments.

Helping families with money when many have been laid off is part of "covid relief". Providing aid to states and local municipalities because they are suffering during the pandemic is "covid relief". Providing aid to local and small businesses because they too have been negatively affected by the impact of this pandemic is "covid relief". So please state the parts that would not be "covid relief.

Funding to the Arts and Humanities is one example, Family Planning(abortion) is another.

to the Arts and Humanities is one example, Family Planning(abortion) is another.
Catchy titles ...... can you share the specific details if what specifically and why? What % is the funding ofvthe total bill?

Sounds like partisan projection on your part. Personally I harbor do wishes for the economy to tank, though I fear that it may as Dopey Joe's only goal seems to be to undo everything Trump did.

Catchy titles ...... can you share the specific details if what specifically and why? What % is the funding ofvthe total bill?

I don't have all day to write a book for you. Read the damn bill and learn.

Funding to the Arts and Humanities is one example, Family Planning(abortion) is another.
Family Planning is more than just "abortion" (and the law is still in place that does not allow federal funding of abortions). And with people not working, they probably shouldn't be having kids right now since not working means less money and they likely won't be able to afford them.

Those Arts and Humanities actually do employ people and enrich other people's lives.

Now also post the part of the bill and the exact amount going to those two things out of that $1.9T that was approved.

Family Planning is more than just "abortion" (and the law is still in place that does not allow federal funding of abortions).

Those Arts and Humanities actually do employ people and enrich other people's lives.

So bring them up in a separate bill. They are not Covid relief.

Back
Top Bottom