• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden hails 'giant step' as Senate passes $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill (3/6/21)

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
  • Republican opposition holds through marathon ‘vote-a-rama’

• Speaker Pelosi has said measure should be law by 14 March

Joe Biden hailed “one more giant step forward on delivering on that promise that help is on the way”, after Democrats took a critical step towards a first major legislative victory since assuming control of Congress and the White House, with a party-line vote in the Senate to approve a $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill.

Biden's FDR moment? President in New Deal-like push that could cement his legacy
Read more

After a marathon voting session through the night on Friday and into Saturday afternoon, Democrats overcame unified Republican opposition to approve the sweeping stimulus package. The final tally was 50-49, with one Republican absent.

One of the largest emergency aid packages in US history now returns to the House for final approval before being signed into law by Biden. Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, has said she expects to approve the measure before 14 March, when tens of millions of Americans risk losing unemployment benefits if no action is taken.
=================================================================
Great. Now when can I get my $1,400?

Good job.

Millions of Americans, schools, and small businesses really need this federal assistance.

We will see 3%, 4%, maybe even 6% real GDP growth in the coming years.

HELLO CONSERVATIVES!!

210223_Stimulus-Popularity_fullwidth.png

That's what the Mango Mussolini said. Little did he know it would be after he left office.

With $5 trillion of fiscal stimulus in less than a year combined with the most aggressive Fed policy ever... i think it's safe to say the economy is going to boom during the Biden administration.

Good job.

Millions of Americans, schools, and small businesses really need this federal assistance.
most of it is buy the vote pork bullshit

Bet no conservative will complain when their check arrives, besides, proper spelling is Cheques ;)
This is a USA board dude. It is checks

Giant steps .......eh?

The people get squat, while politicians spread the pork.

And liberals say they are not cultists. :unsure:

Bet no conservative will complain when their check arrives, besides, proper spelling is Cheques ;)
Spelling certainly isn't the strong suit of some Canadians and it's not just with check/cheque;) But yet some of those same people boast about their excellent schools in Canada;)

Joe Biden hailed “one more giant step forward on delivering on that promise that help is on the way”, after Democrats took a critical step towards a first major legislative victory since assuming control of Congress and the White House, with a party-line vote in the Senate to approve a $1.9tn coronavirus relief bill.

Biden's FDR moment? President in New Deal-like push that could cement his legacy
Read more

After a marathon voting session through the night on Friday and into Saturday afternoon, Democrats overcame unified Republican opposition to approve the sweeping stimulus package. The final tally was 50-49, with one Republican absent.

One of the largest emergency aid packages in US history now returns to the House for final approval before being signed into law by Biden. Nancy Pelosi, the House speaker, has said she expects to approve the measure before 14 March, when tens of millions of Americans risk losing unemployment benefits if no action is taken.

As first steps go, this is welcome but decidedly mediocre, particularly since the initial $600, inadequate even on the day it was drafted, is by now beyond laughably unequal to the moment it was meant to address, and the stimulus amount hasn't increased despite months of interim legislating (nevermind the delays in the actual distribution of the check).

Meanwhile $15 / HR min wage was left to die because Kamala in her heart of hearts has no interest in helping the working poor by forcing Manchin and Krysten (and apparently a few other traitors in light of Sanders' forced vote on the provision) to make a 'difficult' choice between committing political seppuku on behalf of their donors and actually representing their constituents who hold majoritarian support for both the COVID relief and minimum wage provisions. Excepting of course, and with all due fairness, the bait and switch of $2k checks promised during the Georgia campaign ( https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EqqxbRDW4AEJvJ5.jpg | https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbr...-go-out-the-door-immediately/?sh=7ed42899744d) to $1400 two months in the making:

Giant steps .......eh?

The people get squat, while politicians spread the pork.

And liberals say they are not cultists. :unsure:

When you say “people” you mean Jared Kushner, don’t you?

Yep, pounds and pounds of pork. Or, should I say billions and billions of dollars of pork.

It’s always so funny to me how angry conservatives get when working Americans actually get help vs a corporation.

Read more

Roughly 9% of the bill is Covid 19 relief. The rest is pork. The democrats should be ashamed.

When you say “people” you mean Jared Kushner, don’t you?

"People" usually refers to corporations and the wealthy to the right. The regular people helped by the American Rescue Plan, not so much.

"People" usually refers to corporations and the wealthy to the right. The regular people helped by the American Rescue Plan, not so much.

Conservatives who aren’t part of the 1% keep licking those folks’ boots thinking they’ll get a seat at the table. Suckers.

Yep, pounds and pounds of pork. Or, should I say billions and billions of dollars of pork
Yes, you mentioned on another thread that it was only 10% Covid related which is patently false but then again when you buy everything you are told without question you end up embarrassingly misinformed.

If even one fiscal conservative wasn't prepared for hard times and takes this CentGov Welfare I'm gonna report then to the Ghost of Rush Limbaugh.

Yes, you mentioned on another thread that it was only 10% Covid related which is patently false but then again when you buy everything you are told without question you end up embarrassingly misinformed.

Actually just 9% of the bill is actual covid relief. Much of the pork is falsely being claimed as covid relief.

Back
Top Bottom