• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden focuses on schools after blasting Trump on violence

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

imrs.php

9/2/20
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Joe Biden plans to hammer President Donald Trump on Wednesday for not helping the nation’s schools reopen safely during the coronavirus pandemic, as the Democratic challenger tries to keep the spotlight on the Republican incumbent’s handling of the outbreak and the nation’s overall security. Biden and his wife, Jill, a longtime college professor and former high school teacher, will meet with public health experts to talk about school reopening options. Then the candidate will deliver remarks – his second speech in three days – outlining his ideas and accusing the president of making the country less safe. The event in Wilmington, Delaware, is the latest in a series of dueling efforts by Trump and Biden to cast the other as a threat to Americans’ day-to-day security. It will highlight their vastly different arguments, with Trump steering debate toward “law and order” and Biden pushing a broad referendum on Trump’s competence. “President Trump has no plan,” said Biden adviser Symone Sanders, previewing the former vice president’s remarks on schools and the pandemic. “Instead,” she continued, “he thinks that a fear-mongering campaign stoking violence is going to help him.”

Biden, she said, “is demonstrating what a safe America could look like” by talking to experts about school options in a pandemic, while Trump tries to capitalize on the fact that some racial justice protests have led to property damage or turned into violent clashes with counter-protesters. Trump put his approach on display again Tuesday on a trip to Kenosha, Wisconsin, a city still reeling from protests and violence after another Black man, Jacob Blake, was shot by police. Trump again did not condemn a 17-year-old vigilante charged in the killings of two protesters in Kenosha, and he again rejected that systemic racism plays any part in U.S. society. Trump’s advisers argue that his stance – which includes falsely accusing Biden of championing violent protesters and wanting to “defund the police” — shifts attention away from the pandemic. They also believe the tactics help Trump attract white voters in suburbs and exurbs, key slices of his 2016 coalition. “Look, you can’t argue that the country is so screwed up only you can fix it when you’ve been president for almost four years. His argument is basically, ‘I broke the country. Now reelect me so I can fix it.’”

As we are witnessing, opening up schools and universities prematurely only leads to more infections and more American COVID deaths.

Trump has no plan. The only thing Trump really cares about is trying to create an illusion of normalcy in the midst of a deadly pandemic that he has badly mishandled.

imrs.php

As we are witnessing, opening up schools and universities prematurely only leads to more infections and more American COVID deaths.

Trump has no plan. The only thing Trump really cares about is trying to create an illusion of normalcy in the midst of a deadly pandemic that he has badly mishandled.

it is easy to criticize someone when your plan is the exact same as theirs. Then again no it isn't lmao.
Also the last time i checked trump gave full power to all schools and other institutions to come up with a plan to re-open safely.
So if the plan the schools put in place are failing then that is on them. They should have developed a better plan.

Biden has no plan. So this is just more empty nonsense from biden which is about all this guy has.

Nice of Biden to start thinking about this months too late.

Nice of Biden to start thinking about this months too late.

Even if that were true, it’s a step up from “It is what it is”.

FEMA Says It Will Stop Paying For Cloth Face Masks For Schools
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said it is changing the policy on the personal protective equipment that it will pay for. Federal officials announced the changes during a call Tuesday with state and tribal emergency managers, many of whom expressed concerns about the new policy.

The changes mean that in most cases, FEMA will no longer reimburse states for the cost of cloth face coverings at nonemergency settings, including schools, public housing and courthouses. The policy goes into effect on Sept. 15.

Even if that were true, it’s a step up from “It is what it is”.

I liked your post because of your avatar. Which I am stealing. In broad daylight. In the middle of the street.

imrs.php

Actually Trump does have a plan. He now believes that the virus is unstoppable and letting it spread unchecked is the only option. He feels the 1000's of deaths a day will purge us of the weak and frail in our society and is actually a good thing. He has fully embraced the cult of death.

But the unspoken reality of that approach is that many more Americans will contract Covid-19 before the election, and thousands more will die. That is likely to play into efforts by Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden to crush Trump's hopes of a second term by lambasting his failures during the pandemic.
"Mr. Trump, you want to talk about fear?" Biden asked on Monday.
"Do you know what people are afraid of in America? They're afraid they're going to get Covid. They're afraid they're going to get sick and die, and that is in no small part, it's because of you."

Trump ignores lessons of his pandemic failures as election looms - CNNPolitics

I liked your post because of your avatar. Which I am stealing. In broad daylight. In the middle of the street.

REAL ANTIFAS JUST TAKE WHAT THEY WANT!

(Saw it on twitter, had the same reaction. Have at it.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My district is doing great. Is yours a disaster?

Neither Trump nor Biden are running for president of just your district.

Sit down.

Damned if he did, damned if he did not.

It was one of those subjects his opposition would complain about either way.

Actually Trump does have a plan. He now believes that the virus is unstoppable and letting it spread unchecked is the only option. He feels the 1000's of deaths a day will purge us of the weak and frail in our society and is actually a good thing. He has fully embraced the cult of death.

Trump ignores lessons of his pandemic failures as election looms - CNNPolitics

He started by calling it a hoax, got disinterested from there, and now just wants to straight up spread it.

15 cases going to zero...vs 180k dead...eh...no way to please these people.

Not really. I would have respected a plan that went farther than "a miracle will happen in April."

The United States is rudderless.

We need an adult leader.

You never had a plan.

Liberals never had a plan.
Only 6% of COVID deaths are from COVID. Antifa has a secret plane and stuff. Let’s rush a vaccine for the election.

Which swing state will be the next to have an extremely rogue cop murder a black person?

Neither Trump nor Biden are running for president of just your district.

Sit down.

You're right. In other words, Biden is just flapping his lips months after tbe people who are actually in charge took care of things.

You're right. In other words, Biden is just flapping his lips months after tbe people who are actually in charge took care of things.

eccb87180d2f92ebac8edcccc5c5adea.jpg

Back
Top Bottom