• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden flips the switch on Trump's incandescent light bulb plan

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN) In yet another rollback of a Trump-era policy, President Joe Biden's Department of Energy on Tuesday finalized a new efficiency rule to phase out older, high-energy incandescent light bulbs.
The move is the culmination of a decades-long, bipartisan effort to phase out inefficient light bulbs. Energy efficiency standards were included in an energy bill passed under the George W. Bush administration and implemented during the Obama administration.
But the Trump administration rolled those regulations back in 2019. Trump himself complained about the light coming from LED light bulbs, once telling House Republicans "I always look orange" in the energy-efficient lighting.

--

This might appear to be a trivial piece of news, but I highly suspect we all have opinions of the new bulbs and in being forced to use them.

As for me, I initially was reticent to accept them, but have since very much came to appreciate them. My only real complaint, is the new bulbs seemed to have empowered my neighbors in lightening up the entire neighborhood like a Christmas Tree!

--

This might appear to be a trivial piece of news, but I highly suspect we all have opinions of the new bulbs and in being forced to use them.

As for me, I initially was reticent to accept them, but have since very much came to appreciate them. My only real complaint, is the new bulbs seemed to have empowered my neighbors in lightening up the entire neighborhood like a Christmas Tree!

Trump himself complained about the light coming from LED light bulbs, once telling House Republicans "I always look orange" in the energy-efficient lighting.

He should have laid off the tanning bed.

--

People said what's with the light bulb? I said here’s the story, and I looked at it: The bulb that we're being forced to use — No. 1, to me, most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange," Trump said during a speech at a House Republican retreat dinner.
The only true statement to ever come out of Donald the shit bag's mouth..

Such a bizarre thing to become a conservative lightning rod issue. Glad that they're reverting this.
It just shows how pathetic they are. The new bulbs save energy. They whine about gas and energy prices. Well, this helps. So glad I got solar panels. My electric bill is just the connection fee of $8, so my payment on the loan is less than my average bill would be, plus, it will remain fixed as energy costs continually go up

Trump himself complained about the light coming from LED light bulbs, once telling House Republicans "I always look orange" in the energy-efficient lighting.

He should have laid off the tanning bed.
If you have a better way of raising T levels I'm all ears.

My problem with them is that they don't work on a dimmer switch.

No, LEDs make your rheostat (dimmer switch) superfluous.

You CAN dim you LED lights from your phone, as well as change colors, color temperature, and brightness. Some will even produce patterns (like, say, a disco ball!)

How so?

I have a couple of dimmer switches in my house. LED bulbs "flutter" if you try to use them.
How do I stop my dimmable LED lights from flickering?

Summary – How to stop LEDs flickering
  1. Always drive LED products using an LED power supply that's designed for the job. ...
  2. Make sure all your LED products are compatible with the control circuits and power supply you're using.
  3. Check for loose wiring and other faulty connections. ...
  4. Consider using a constant-current LED driver.

--

Legitimate President Joe Biden is merely flipping the switch back to where President G. W. Bush had set it back in 2007, if I remember correctly?

Lightbulbs are a stupid thing to fight over. Technology moving forward is a good thing in almost all cases.
^^^

Whenever the left imposes a new dictatorial decree their standard response is “ this is a stupid thing to fight over, after all we have already decided for you so why argue with us?“

Well I'll be damned.

I'm not an electrician by any stretch. I asked a friend of mine that is an electrician why my lights were fluttering and he told me that I couldn't use LEDs.
You just need the right type of dimmer - typically an electronic dimmer, one rated for LED use. The older style dimmers are slowly becoming obsolete so finding one that'll work for your lights shouldn't be that difficult. 👍

Back
Top Bottom