• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden First Address to the Nation

Well not so surprised you would come out with a comment like that. Your side however have shown just how racist the left really are with the comments against Scott because of his party affiliation. Scott is a leader in the Republican party and anyone who brings up his color may be a racist themselves. The left has truly lost their minds over Scott's rebuttal last night. It was prominent in social media and on your beloved MSM programs whose views you fill your head.

Scott endured over 12 hours on social media of racist comments before Twitter was finally forced to stop it. If it was a derogatory comments against Biden, Twitter would have acted in stealth time to shut the comments down.

So all my fellow patriots who love Tim Scott, please give to his upcoming campaign because the left has a target on his back.

https://secure.winred.com/tim-scott-for-senate/fight-back-after-speech/
LOL.... You might have missed the fact that tons of people who have no idea what they are talking about make comments on Twitter.
The question is..... did Biden RETWEET any of these offensive comments? Did Biden make any offensive comment? That was SOP with Trump. He made and retweeted plenty of offensive comments. Nice to see you suddenly are offended by Twitter comments....

LOL.... You might have missed the fact that tons of people who have no idea what they are talking about make comments on Twitter.
The question is..... did Biden RETWEET any of these offensive comments? Did Biden make any offensive comment? That was SOP with Trump. He made and retweeted plenty of offensive comments. Nice to see you suddenly are offended by Twitter comments....
LOL you may have missed the fact that Tim Scott's rebuttal chaffed the ass of the leftists like yourself.

To help Tim Scott in his re-election it is going to take all the help he can get because he has a target on his back by the leftist because of his color.

Please donate.

LOL you may have missed the fact that Tim Scott's rebuttal chaffed the ass of the leftists like yourself.

To help Tim Scott in his re-election it is going to take all the help he can get because he has a target on his back by the leftist because of his color.

Please donate.

After reading your posts for the last few years I've learned you are easily fooled by the bs fed to you by your media. You have no idea what I thought of Tim Scott's rebuttal. I have not posted my opinion on that. But your cult tells you that all "leftists" think alike and you gladly go along. If Tim Scott is serving his constituents, and not the GOP Puppeteers, he will win reelection. There is no reason ...yet...to think his future would include any higher office. All he's done so far is go on TV and tell a few stretchers. No where near as offensive as GOP rebuttals in the past. I notice you avoid discussing Trump's tweeting of offensive matter, and the fact that Biden does not ridicule or demean his political opponents.
But do make Scott part of the "victim" culture that seems to provide the air you breathe. Best way to change that seat to blue.

Look, I am no fan of Trump, nor of Biden, but I don't have the vitriolic hate for either of them that many now have.

However, I don't see an iota of difference in the economic/covid trajectory difference between the two administrations. Biden benefited by walking into office around the time massive industrial scaling up of vaccine was being completed combined with a seasonal change, along with a side of naturally built immunity. Those three things mean COVID and thus the economy was largely already taken care of. In fact, I believe the Biden team simply used the plan in place from Trump's regime. So there really wasn't a major difference.
?? Before Biden took charge, there wasn't even any semblance of a national distribution plan. The Trump administration didn't drop the ball - they never even picked up the ball to begin with. When Biden first announced his timetable to inoculate 100 million, his critics across the aisle laughed at him and said it couldn't be done. When he did it in half the time and revised his number to twice that, the same critics all said it was all on autopilot and easily doable. No matter what he says, and no matter what he does, the mindless GOP goose-steppers hammer him, and then engage in feeble revisionist history.
I'm not saying Biden did anything right or wrong, I am saying he was largely inconsequential to the economy/COVID. It is similar to Obama walking into office in Jan-09 when the recovery was already largely in hand and progressing.
Few things I've read here are more absurd than this. Bush the Lesser left Obama in the middle of a global economic collapse the likes of which hadn't been seen since the Great Depression. Between the years 2008, to 2013, 489 FDIC insured banks across the country FAILED!! How did you sleep though that one?!!?
As for the national outlook, I think you have a major problem in the fact that Biden, in ~100 days, has proposed something like $10T in new spending. The numbers are simply insane and they are further unnecessary. The COVID stimulus bill he rammed through was almost entirely unnecessary, with the exception of the actual vaccine related spending which was ~3-5% of total outlays. The rest of it was state/local payoffs, buying votes, and future padding. The majority of that spending doesn't even occur in 2021. The biggest problem is he handed out unemployment benefits that are *literally* keeping people out of work rather than working because they simply can, which is now creating bigger and bigger problems in the economic recovery particularly for small businesses.
Virtually all of the Covid stimulus money goes right back into the economy - either for necessities for the most needy, or discretionary spending for those who consider it a windfall. It's an economic win-win. As for the infrastructure, BOTH parties have been kicking that can down the road for more than half my long lifetime, and Biden is the first one with the balls to do something about it. If we expect to compete in the global markets with the likes of China, then we have to make the kind of investments into our country that they are willing to do.

After reading your posts for the last few years I've learned you are easily fooled by the bs fed to you by your media. You have no idea what I thought of Tim Scott's rebuttal. I have not posted my opinion on that. But your cult tells you that all "leftists" think alike and you gladly go along. If Tim Scott is serving his constituents, and not the GOP Puppeteers, he will win reelection. There is no reason ...yet...to think his future would include any higher office. All he's done so far is go on TV and tell a few stretchers. No where near as offensive as GOP rebuttals in the past. I notice you avoid discussing Trump's tweeting of offensive matter, and the fact that Biden does not ridicule or demean his political opponents.
But do make Scott part of the "victim" culture that seems to provide the air you breathe. Best way to change that seat to blue.
And I have found after years of reading your posts, you are very short sited and when reading them, critical thinking never is a factor. cheers!

Look, I am no fan of Trump, nor of Biden, but I don't have the vitriolic hate for either of them that many now have.

However, I don't see an iota of difference in the economic/covid trajectory difference between the two administrations. Biden benefited by walking into office around the time massive industrial scaling up of vaccine was being completed combined with a seasonal change, along with a side of naturally built immunity. Those three things mean COVID and thus the economy was largely already taken care of. In fact, I believe the Biden team simply used the plan in place from Trump's regime. So there really wasn't a major difference. I'm not saying Biden did anything right or wrong, I am saying he was largely inconsequential to the economy/COVID. It is similar to Obama walking into office in Jan-09 when the recovery was already largely in hand and progressing.

As for the national outlook, I think you have a major problem in the fact that Biden, in ~100 days, has proposed something like $10T in new spending. The numbers are simply insane and they are further unnecessary. The COVID stimulus bill he rammed through was almost entirely unnecessary, with the exception of the actual vaccine related spending which was ~3-5% of total outlays. The rest of it was state/local payoffs, buying votes, and future padding. The majority of that spending doesn't even occur in 2021. The biggest problem is he handed out unemployment benefits that are *literally* keeping people out of work rather than working because they simply can, which is now creating bigger and bigger problems in the economic recovery particularly for small businesses.

no, what you're saying are right wing talking points easily debunked.

As for spending and deficits, save it. Cheney famously said deficits don't matter. Trump and the GOP rammed through trillion dollar tax cuts that were entirely unnecessary, with an already strong economy.

And no, the unemployment benefits don't keep people out of work. Which is why the job numbers are improving, partly because people are going back to work.

Biden talks about replacing all th aging water pipe in this country, which currently accounts for endless suffering for some communities, heath problems and expenses and lost productivity in a country desperate to bring manufacturing back to the US and Kevin McCarthy sits there with his thumb up his ass. What else is new. Kevin must think Donnie is watching.
1619880778065.png

?? Before Biden took charge, there wasn't even any semblance of a national distribution plan. The Trump administration didn't drop the ball - they never even picked up the ball to begin with. When Biden first announced his timetable to inoculate 100 million, his critics across the aisle laughed at him and said it couldn't be done. When he did it in half the time and revised his number to twice that, the same critics all said it was all on autopilot and easily doable. No matter what he says, and no matter what he does, the mindless GOP goose-steppers hammer him, and then engage in feeble revisionist history.

Few things I've read here are more absurd than this. Bush the Lesser left Obama in the middle of a global economic collapse the likes of which hadn't been seen since the Great Depression. Between the years 2008, to 2013, 489 FDIC insured banks across the country FAILED!! How did you sleep though that one?!!?

Virtually all of the Covid stimulus money goes right back into the economy - either for necessities for the most needy, or discretionary spending for those who consider it a windfall. It's an economic win-win. As for the infrastructure, BOTH parties have been kicking that can down the road for more than half my long lifetime, and Biden is the first one with the balls to do something about it. If we expect to compete in the global markets with the likes of China, then we have to make the kind of investments into our country that they are willing to do.

1) Do some reading, the Biden 100MM plan was largely identical the the Trump admin plan, very similar distribution plans considering the stage of the game. Trump never had the quantity of vaccines to institute the results that we see now.

2) In the 2008 crisis the tools and actions were already in place for recovery by the time Obama came into office, namely TARP and the financial restructurings and mergers. Obama did his stimulus plan which almost every economist has labeled as unnecessary. Most actions Obama took, in the form of major legislation early on were considered detrimental to the economic recovery (ie: ACA, Dodd/Frank). Now you can argue that those bills were valuable and worth the price, but any serious economist is going to chuckle at the idea that Obama had much of anything to do with the financial recovery. It is ~90% Bernanke/Paulson.

3) The COVID stimulus money, again, of which the majority won't even be spent in 2021, is buying votes. It is (largely) throwing money to the wind to make people feel good and comfortable, but far from necessary for the most part. Bonus unemployment money is a great example of an unnecessary and extremely expensive giveaway that is actually hurting the economic recovery, that's just a fact. Biden's infrastructure plan is something like 20% actual pipes/roads/bridges/tracks/airports. The huge portion is the green new deal and "human infrastructure". That's not balls, it is huge new unpaid for federal programs we can't afford.

no, what you're saying are right wing talking points easily debunked.

As for spending and deficits, save it. Cheney famously said deficits don't matter. Trump and the GOP rammed through trillion dollar tax cuts that were entirely unnecessary, with an already strong economy.

And no, the unemployment benefits don't keep people out of work. Which is why the job numbers are improving, partly because people are going back to work.
Yes, it will give the economy a boost, like Cocaine or Methamphetamine. It is however exceptionally expensive, unnecessary, and in many cases counterproductive (see above).

Back
Top Bottom