• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Falls on a Bike - so Point to Trump.

Why are so many Trumpists completely incapable of anything beyond "here's a dumbass video that I somehow loved"?

Yes, Biden fell off of a bike. And know what, @MrNiceGuy? I hear he farted once, too. :rolleyes:
Oh, now the shoe's on the other foot, and you're butthurt over it? Seriously, did you think the hypocrisy wouldn't be pointed out to you? You know how many dumb videos about Trump we had to watch on a 1000 networks at once for 4 years, and even now it's still Trump Trump Trump. Dish it out, but you can't take it.

That's nonsense. Biden took a bike ride to try to prove he's fit and healthy. It's all performative generated by his PR team.
That is nonsense. Biden has been riding for decades, and he can't do it at the White House. You need to get over your Biden hate and just accept that some people enjoy riding bikes when the weather is great, as it is in Delaware now.

As for Phoenix, my riding is curtailed by the mid day heat and I'm not into 4 am rides like my mate does 3X a week. But, she does see a lot of cool stuff that early, owls, coyotes, bats, etc.

Why are so many Trumpists completely incapable of anything beyond "here's a dumbass video that I somehow loved"?

Yes, Biden fell off of a bike. And know what, @MrNiceGuy? I hear he farted once, too.
Oh, now the shoe's on the other foot, and you're butthurt over it? Seriously, did you think the hypocrisy wouldn't be pointed out to you? You know how many dumb videos about Trump we had to watch on a 1000 networks at once for 4 years, and even now it's still Trump Trump Trump. Dish it out, but you can't take it.

I almost feel sorry for American. He really thinks he *got* me.

That is nonsense. Biden has been riding for decades, and he can't do it at the White House. You need to get over your Biden hate and just accept that some people enjoy riding bikes when the weather is great, as it is in Delaware now.

As for Phoenix, my riding is curtailed by the mid day heat and I'm not into 4 am rides like my mate does 3X a week. But, she does see a lot of cool stuff that early, owls, coyotes, bats, etc.
Why do I need to get over my Biden hate? He's doing a horrible job, as I expected. I don't accept that he "just enjoys riding bicycles." I know people do, but I don't believe it's anything other performative PR

It's not about what others like, or what you like. This is a nearly 80 year old President whose PR team manages all his moves. He hardly ever rode a bike historically. The guy is all PR.

They talked for days about Article 25 for Trump because he slipped on an icy ramp...

Hardly, but clearly you're incapable of getting my point. I really don't care about "getting" you.

I bet those "shitlibs" are also blaming Trump for Biden's fart! Poopy shitlibs!

I swear... the things these people make a big show of getting outraged about... 🤦‍♂️

It's accurate. Your side couldn't get enough of every ridiculous report, especially "anonymous officials" who reported everything.

You laughed at Trump's weight being ridiculed - aka fat shaming.

You laughed at how he supposedly ate steak well done (of course it was an "anonymous source" that reported that, but unquestionably it was true). All of you were accepting of every insult, every joke, every mockery - nothing was beyond the pale.

So, really - especially with the nonsense the Dems have planned for the upcoming elections - more riots and unrest in the streets over whatever issue they can gin up and whip up - there is no cause for holding back on Biden or the Democrats. It is high time they got a taste of their own medicine.

I bet those "shitlibs" are also blaming Trump for Biden's fart! Poopy shitlibs!

I swear... the things these people get outraged about...
Biden just does a "loooong and louuud!" fart in front of the Dutchess of Cornwall. So, of course, his Presidency is a "return to normalcy" and now the "adults are in the room." The adults are wearing Depends, of course, but hey, they're in the room, and they like the look of bicycle helmets and old-man-eating-ice-cream. It shows he "really cares." After all, the guy wants to end the fossil fuel industry and at the same time, give another $50 billion to fund a war that isn't our business. Yup, "return" to normalcy.

It's accurate. Your side couldn't get enough of every ridiculous report, especially "anonymous officials" who reported everything.

You laughed at Trump's weight being ridiculed - aka fat shaming.

You laughed at how he supposedly ate steak well done (of course it was an "anonymous source" that reported that, but unquestionably it was true). All of you were accepting of every insult, every joke, every mockery - nothing was beyond the pale.

So, really - especially with the nonsense the Dems have planned for the upcoming elections - more riots and unrest in the streets over whatever issue they can gin up and whip up - there is no cause for holding back on Biden or the Democrats. It is high time they got a taste of their own medicine.
It's true. And, every single insult and joke got under Trump's skin. He couldn't let anything go. Shoot, he tweeted about investigating Saturday Night Live, because they made fun of him ("there's the real collusion!"). That's your guy.
Not sure what the point of this thread is, since Biden (an actual adult) doesn't care about your insults. It's very refreshing.

It's true. And, every single insult and joke got under Trump's skin. He couldn't let anything go. Shoot, he tweeted about investigating Saturday Night Live, because they made fun of him ("there's the real collusion!"). That's your guy.
Not sure what the point of this thread is, since Biden (an actual adult) doesn't care about your insults. It's very refreshing.
;)(y)

BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER.
Days... it was weeks. And it was every mainstream news outlet.

And, the media would just make stuff up - it wasn't enough to criticize Trump for what he did and said, they actually couldn't stop themselves from manufacturing bullshit, and lying about it.

This is the shit that the Left foisted on is for months -

And people here on this board STILL insist that he said neo-Nazis were very fine people. They'll still say it. And, the Lefties here do not care. I can only assume that by now they know they are lying about what Trump said, and they just don't care. So, that's where we are now. Why would you expect Biden to be treated with kid gloves by those who don't like him? I mean, you're lucky people aren't lying about Biden like they did and do about Trump. Right now, there is enough about Biden that is true that is easy to criticize and to mock. But, even if someone were to make something up about Biden, so what? Who cares? The "new normal" the Democrats created is that any anonymous source or manufactured criticism is fine, if the target is someone that is loathesome, like Donald Trump. Well, your opponents feel that way about Biden. He's an awful person, doing great harm to this country. So, even if people lie about him, good, right? That's truth to power, and pushing the correct "narrative" because it is soooo important that we get Biden out of office, right?

A bigger point is that not only did Trump's opponents in politics and among the voters not miss any opportunity to insult, mock and even lie about Donald Trump, but the media participated, facilitated and even led in this effort, which is why every single insult and joke made it to primetime news and was couched as reasonable criticism - not just a joke or fun mockery - but, water glasses and hand rails were legitimate health concerns, implicating the 25th amendment. The media couldn't let anything go. Every anonymous source was trusted. It didn't matter if there were political motivations or if there was no real reason for a source to remain anonymous - the media blew up it's longstanding ethics by just publishing hit piece after hit piece about Trump.

And, if you look at what he said about Saturday Night Live it was in the context of FEC law - thing of value and dark money - when a show focuses only on one-sided coverage - which much media was doing at the time, including SNL, it sure looks like they are part of the political machine. Remember Citizens United? That was a case about publication of a documentary, and the law in question in that case said that creating a documentary critical of a candidate was an election contribution, and therefore was unlawful within a certain number of days before an election. The SCOTUS said, no no, making critical publications is free speech. That is the idea that Democrats have been supporting for a long time - that if private expenditures on media are critical of a candidate, then that is "dark money" being spent to support or oppose a candidate. That's the logic Trump is following there when he urges the FEC to investigate SNL, which is what he did. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2019/03/18/trump-tweets-snl-federal-probe/3199989002/ - Trump's urging of the FEC to investigate SNL is EXACTLY why the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United was correct.

I don't care whether Biden cares about any insults. What I care about is his idiot policies, like when he wants to fund solar panels to address the gas crisis, and like how he wants to create a "Disinformation Governance Board" as part of the Department of Homeland Security to give even more power to the government to silence people.

We have a near recession, pushing 10% inflation, and chirping in the business media that unemployment is set to start rising, while the stock market crashes, and you know what the Biden Administration does?
The Biden Administration capped off its first full year in office with more than $201 billion in regulatory costs and 131 million hours in new annual paperwork, putting it far ahead of the two immediately preceding administrations’ respective first years by a wide margin.

Read more: https://www.americanactionforum.org...against-recent-administrations/#ixzz7X2yF6lMt
Follow us: @AAF on Twitter

Democrats never met a bureaucracy they didn't like.

Why do I need to get over my Biden hate? He's doing a horrible job, as I expected. I don't accept that he "just enjoys riding bicycles." I know people do, but I don't believe it's anything other performative PR

It's not about what others like, or what you like. This is a nearly 80 year old President whose PR team manages all his moves. He hardly ever rode a bike historically. The guy is all PR.
Maybe try getting over hate. Or keep posting long angry manifestos that everyone laughs at.

Your choice.

A bigger point is that not only did Trump's opponents in politics and among the voters not miss any opportunity to insult, mock and even lie about Donald Trump, but the media participated, facilitated and even led in this effort, which is why every single insult and joke made it to primetime news and was couched as reasonable criticism - not just a joke or fun mockery - but, water glasses and hand rails were legitimate health concerns, implicating the 25th amendment. The media couldn't let anything go. Every anonymous source was trusted. It didn't matter if there were political motivations or if there was no real reason for a source to remain anonymous - the media blew up it's longstanding ethics by just publishing hit piece after hit piece about Trump.

And, if you look at what he said about Saturday Night Live it was in the context of FEC law - thing of value and dark money - when a show focuses only on one-sided coverage - which much media was doing at the time, including SNL, it sure looks like they are part of the political machine. Remember Citizens United? That was a case about publication of a documentary, and the law in question in that case said that creating a documentary critical of a candidate was an election contribution, and therefore was unlawful within a certain number of days before an election. The SCOTUS said, no no, making critical publications is free speech. That is the idea that Democrats have been supporting for a long time - that if private expenditures on media are critical of a candidate, then that is "dark money" being spent to support or oppose a candidate. That's the logic Trump is following there when he urges the FEC to investigate SNL, which is what he did. https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2019/03/18/trump-tweets-snl-federal-probe/3199989002/ - Trump's urging of the FEC to investigate SNL is EXACTLY why the SCOTUS decision in Citizens United was correct.

I don't care whether Biden cares about any insults. What I care about is his idiot policies, like when he wants to fund solar panels to address the gas crisis, and like how he wants to create a "Disinformation Governance Board" as part of the Department of Homeland Security to give even more power to the government to silence people.

We have a near recession, pushing 10% inflation, and chirping in the business media that unemployment is set to start rising, while the stock market crashes, and you know what the Biden Administration does?

Read more: https://www.americanactionforum.org...against-recent-administrations/#ixzz7X2yF6lMt

Do you need a tissue to go with that crying?

Yeah, the Democrats did make it a big deal when he held a water bottle with both hands.

Mainstream "journalists" very much focused on his "ability to drink a glass of water with one hand."
and https://nowthisnews.com/videos/poli...trump-has-two-handed-water-drinking-technique

Remember when Trump walking down a ramp carefully "raised significant health concerns" according to the NY Times? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/us/politics/trump-ramp-water-glass-health.html

Remember when Trump's walk down the ramp - not falling -- raised health concerns to CNN? https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/15/politics/donald-trump-health-ramp-water/index.html - the media turned it into a near scandal. https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/06/16/media-ramps-up-frenzy-over-trump-walk/

So, yeah - ****ing hell yeah - if Biden can't keep himself from falling on a nearly stationary bicycle, then yeah - it raises at least as many "health concerns" as were raised about Trump and his water drinking and ramp walking.

Please, let's not pretend that focus on little things like this is just starting now. The Democrats were masters at taking anything - literally anything - and turning into a media scandal. They focused on everything from Trump putting ketchup on a steak, to Trump drinking too much diet coke, to Trump being a racist because he liked the Taco Bowls served at one of his hotel restaurants.

Remember when the media wrote articles about how Trump was at greater risk from serious Covid illness due to age, overweight, cholesterol and being male, but no such articles are published about Biden, who is older than Trump, also male (well, he's never specified, so we can only assume neutrality - he may well be female - we don't know - we can't know - right Progressives?), Biden takes pills to reduce his cholesterol too, Biden is on blood thinners, and takes medication for acid reflux and seasonal allergies - all of which puts him at heightened risk for serious Covid illness - you know this would be a feature of a Trump presidency, because it was when Trump was President. But, we don't see that at all. Why? Because the media covers for Biden.

Remember when how the President ate his steak mattered? https://www.eater.com/2017/2/28/14753248/trump-steak-well-done-ketchup-personality The Washingoton ****ing Post even did a piece on how Trump ate his steak, which they said was "overcooked" - https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...8895b4-fd19-11e6-8f41-ea6ed597e4ca_story.html and it was echoed around the media - tut tut - the media said -- what rube -- what maroon - what provincial peasant was Trump, since he did not order his steak rare or medium rare! And, for shame, he put ketchup on it! har har harrrrr dee har har..... https://nationalpost.com/life/food/...ld-trumps-overcooked-steak-with-catsup-is-sad

When Bill Clinton would eat massive amounts of burgers and french fries, and when Barack Obama would smoke, the media reported it as interesting peccadillos, to be admired in a great man, who has the proclivities. They were not failings to be criticized. But, Trump eats a hamburger, and it's a grave concern. Trump doesn't eat his steak right, and it is a grave concern. Trump picks up a glass with two hands or holds a railing on a ramp and it's borderline 25th amendment territory.

That's the bed the media has laid, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

What a wall of childish nonsense.

Forget about President Trump.

In fact, he expressed his concern for President Biden's health upon learning about the mishap.

Bottom line: President Biden should STOP riding bikes. There are safer ways of getting exercise. Some celebrities have fallen off and hurt themselves. They were much younger than the President.
To even call this falling off a bike is a reach. Have you ever used toe cages?

To even call this falling off a bike is a reach. Have you ever used toe cages?
An 80 year old man out for a leisurely bike ride ought not be using toe cages.

The entire episode was a PR stunt. The guy doesn't know where he is going half the time.

LOL, all accurate. If you care to refute anything, please do. You won't, because you can't.
You
That's the bed the media has laid, so what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Me
I suppose it was a big deal when Trump held a water bottle with both hands. This is just as childish.

It's not the water bottle, and hand rails alone. It's the words he says in between those silly slapstick moments. The guy talks like a moron, and spent way too many breathes talking about himself, and insulting others. Yes, there were plenty of news channels that spent way too much time talking about that petty stuff...kind of like the amount of time a channel like Fox spent defending and praising everything he did.
During his presidency I was only really watching/listening to PBS and NPR, and didn't hear about any of that stuff. That's what the old interweb is for.

The SNL thing was whiny baby shit. It's ridiculous to even bring up the FEC, because a comedy show is making fun of the easiest target on the planet. No "logic", just a whiny brat proving, once again, he doesn't know how things work.

Obviously, you care about more than just Biden's policies.

Back
Top Bottom