• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden ends GOP infrastructure talks, starts new negotiations

That's far more than you deserve.
This is a debate forum so if you want to post childish comments go some place else. Be mature enough to actually debate the issues which it doesn't appear that you are capable of doing

I don't ever remember the 2016-2020 obstructionists, aka the congressional Democrats negotiating with Trump on hardly anything...And the echo chamber was right on board.

Karma.

What legislation did Trump and the GOP push for that Dems blocked?

(y) (y) (y)

It's over, GQP. The adults are in charge and they're going to show America how infrastructure is done. With the GQP out of the way, we're going to get a much better deal.

Oh, and since these are going to be a series of project funding, they get to go through the reconciliation process. No need to override the filibuster. :)

No more Lucy and the football!

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg
I have to disagree. IMO there are not 50 D Senators that will vote to pass it. Manchin is running cover for them.

This is a debate forum so if you want to post childish comments go some place else. Be mature enough to actually debate the issues which it doesn't appear that you are capable of doing
Need a tissue?

I don't ever remember the 2016-2020 obstructionists, aka the congressional Democrats negotiating with Trump on hardly anything...And the echo chamber was right on board.

Karma.
It was less "negotiation" and more "demand". I mean, even when Trump handed them not only what they wanted but MORE than what they asked for they still flipped the checker board and stormed off.

first of all there is nothing independent in any of your posts as you are purely liberal
Your opinions on my political lean are not a matter of discussion.
Second you have no idea what taxes you pay or their purpose
Your opinions of my knowledge about taxes are a deflection from the topic.
third anything coming out of Biden and the Democrats regarding spending is automatically accepted and promoted by you.
I support additional infrastructure spending that can be partially funded by taxation. However again... why are you trying to define my position? It's a very lame attempt at attacking a strawman.
You hear the word infrastructure and immediately think of highways and bridges yet haven't posted the Biden bill where actual infrastructure projects were defined.
The country has a severe infrastructure deficiency. You could educate yourself regarding the topic instead of trying to define my position as a means of attack. But you won't, because the focus of your diatribe is owning libs. The topic matters not.
Do you have any idea what excise taxes fund and to whom, federal, state, local?
If you have a point... make it.

You are not debating... and i don't believe you are capable.

Oh, my, are you really this poorly educated and informed. you do not seem to grasp the reality of the taxes you pay and what actually funds infrastructure. AS usual this is all about federal spending of taxpayer dollars and not states spending their own taxpayer dollars. Not sure where you liberals got your education but it wasn't in this country. Infrastructure is the responsibility of the federal, state, and local governments but as usual you ignore the state and local responsibilities as well as ignore the definition of infrastructure. Biden and liberals in general has never seen a dollar that they won't spend on something to promote dependence and their ideology
And you just outlined why we are in so much trouble now. We are woefully unprepared for the 21st century and you want to blame the States. This is not about blaming. That never fixed anything. This partisan BS has got to stop one way or another.

Your opinions on my political lean are not a matter of discussion.

Your opinions of my knowledge about taxes are a deflection from the topic.

I support additional infrastructure spending that can be partially funded by taxation. However again... why are you trying to define my position? It's a very lame attempt at attacking a strawman.

The country has a severe infrastructure deficiency. You could educate yourself regarding the topic instead of trying to define my position as a means of attack. But you won't, because the focus of your diatribe is owning libs. The topic matters not.

If you have a point... make it.
You are right, you post a lean and then never post anything to support it, just like the liberal ideology who claims they care about compassion and then delivers dependence. Liberalism and people that support this administration and former liberals who couldn't deliver on their promises either are frauds, using the heart for the thought process or not thinking at all

Yes, the country has an infrastructure problem just like they have a SS and Medicare Problem were dollars were sent to the gov't, targeted for those specific items and then spent as the gov't wanted to secure votes and power. Infrastructure is funded by taxation so use that taxation as it was intended, a concept you don't understand as you continue to support the unified budget

You want me to make a point? I have, you just don't seem intelligent enough to grasp that point, Biden's infrastructure bill does very little for infrastructure but a lot for building career politicians and growing power. The fact that you won't post the content of that bill is quite telling but that is the case with everyone of your posts, partisan, liberal talking points that never discuss details or results

Which of the House bills that died in the Senate are you talking about? They died because of Mitch not the Democrats.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...lative-priorities-being-held-up-in-the-senate
Why don't you tell us what was in that bill that died in the Senate because of McConnell? What we know is that people like you buy the rhetoric but never discuss the results. Do you even know what was in the Biden Bill or just blind loyalty to a feel good ideology that is a fraud?

You are not debating... and i don't believe you are capable.
LOL, doesn't look to me like you understand what debate is and what wins debates, hint, not propaganda that you spew but rather verifiable facts with context

How to win a debate, something you never are capable of doing

How to Win an Argument – Dos, Don'ts and Sneaky Tactics
  1. Stay calm. Even if you get passionate about your point you must stay cool and in command of your emotions. ...
  2. Use facts as evidence for your position. ...
  3. Ask questions. ...
  4. Use logic. ...
  5. Appeal to higher values. ...
  6. Listen carefully. ...
  7. Be prepared to concede a good point. ...
  8. Study your opponent.

And you just outlined why we are in so much trouble now. We are woefully unprepared for the 21st century and you want to blame the States. This is not about blaming. That never fixed anything. This partisan BS has got to stop one way or another.
So tell me how exactly a bloated federal gov't that took SS and Medicare funds, borrowed those funds, never paying them back, taking excise tax dollars and spending it as they see fit not on infrastructure issues makes this country stronger and better? We are unprepared because of your ideology, your spending in the name of compassion where that compassion created bureaucrats that keep you dependent. The partisan bs will never stop until you realize that personal responsibility exists in the individual not the gov't

You are right, you post a lean and then never post anything to support it, just like the liberal ideology who claims they care about compassion and then delivers dependence. Liberalism and people that support this administration and former liberals who couldn't deliver on their promises either are frauds, using the heart for the thought process or not thinking at all
My political lean isn't the topic of discussion.
Infrastructure is funded by taxation so use that taxation as it was intended, a concept you don't understand as you continue to support the unified budget
It isn't enough.
You want me to make a point? I have.....
You have tried to make your responses about my political lean, my knowledge of taxes, a vague reference to context, etc....

No... you haven't done much more than defecate in this thread and demand the rest of us roll around in it with you.

So tell me how exactly a bloated federal gov't that took SS and Medicare funds, borrowed those funds, never paying them back, taking excise tax dollars and spending it as they see fit not on infrastructure issues makes this country stronger and better? We are unprepared because of your ideology, your spending in the name of compassion where that compassion created bureaucrats that keep you dependent. The partisan bs will never stop until you realize that personal responsibility exists in the individual not the gov't
It is your partisan friends that have been in control for most of the last 50 years and when they were not in control they obstructed any efforts to modernize this nation and instead made tax cuts their priority. This is the sad truth about your party, they have betrayed America in the pursuit of easy cash from donors and that has been their only goal. They will continue that path until voters realize they have been had and that is why they now only care about suppressing the vote. But you are right we are all dependent on our infrastructure to support a modern economy and that is what your side has been denying us for 50 years.

My political lean isn't the topic of discussion.

It isn't enough.

You have tried to make your responses about my political lean, my knowledge of taxes, a vague reference to context, etc....

No... you haven't done much more than defecate in this thread and demand the rest of us roll around in it with you.
I have made the proper point, you have no idea what infrastructure is, no idea of what funds infrastructure and no idea what was in the Biden infrastructure bill

It is your partisan friends that have been in control for most of the last 50 years and when they were not in control they obstructed any efforts to modernize this nation and instead made tax cuts their priority. This is the sad truth about your party, they have betrayed America in the pursuit of easy cash from donors and that has been their only goal. They will continue that path until voters realize they have been had and that is why they now only care about suppressing the vote. But you are right we are all dependent on our infrastructure to support a modern economy and that is what your side has been denying us for 50 years.
My partisan friends, can you tell me how many times in the last 50 years Congress was totally controlled by the Republicans? Are you ever going to answer the question as to what was in the Biden infrastructure bill and what taxes pay for infrastructure? How about explaining to us where the excise taxes collected on gasoline go?

My party betraying America? Wow that is some kind of statement coming from a radical leftwing liberal who believes personal responsibility issues should be paid for by someone else, FIT and CIT should reimburse the SS and Medicare Funds that were abused by Congress, and that only liberals have the solutions none of which you want to talk about like the tent cities all over the country in wealthy blue states like California and NY and blue cities in Red States. Your partisan biased opinions have no credibility

LOL, doesn't look to me like you understand what debate is and what wins debates, hint, not propaganda that you spew but rather verifiable facts with context

How to win a debate, something you never are capable of doing

How to Win an Argument – Dos, Don'ts and Sneaky Tactics
  1. Stay calm. Even if you get passionate about your point you must stay cool and in command of your emotions. ...
  2. Use facts as evidence for your position. ...
  3. Ask questions. ...
  4. Use logic. ...
  5. Appeal to higher values. ...
  6. Listen carefully. ...
  7. Be prepared to concede a good point. ...
  8. Study your opponent.
and as he pointed out, you do not do anything in that list you provided. You make wild and hilariously false claims which get refuted by the actual data. It's happened on every topic you've "debated" that I have seen thus far.

Karma.
because Trump refused to. OOOPS!!!!!

(y) (y) (y)

It's over, GQP. The adults are in charge and they're going to show America how infrastructure is done. With the GQP out of the way, we're going to get a much better deal.

Oh, and since these are going to be a series of project funding, they get to go through the reconciliation process. No need to override the filibuster. :)

No more Lucy and the football!

CharlieBrownLucyFootball.jpg
How does this get passed through reconciliation, unless the $$ were already in the budget ?(they weren't)

If I were Biden I would just push through what ever he can push through via executive orders on anything proposed. Its clear McConnell is playing his obstruction game to the max and will not allow any further Biden victoroes if possible.

Back
Top Bottom