• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Ended August With $141 Million More in Cash Than Trump

Greenbeard

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A three year head start for Trump in fundraising has been more than erased by Biden, per the WSJ.

President Donald Trump’s campaign cash advantage has evaporated as Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden’s team started the month with $466 million in the bank, about $141 million more than the president’s re-election effort.
Mr. Biden’s campaign started the general election far behind Mr. Trump in terms of money. The president has been raising cash for his re-election since January 2017, and he started the year with more than $100 million on hand.
The two campaigns started August with nearly the same amount on hand, and Mr. Biden outraised Mr. Trump last month, pulling in $364.5 million compared with $210 million for the president’s reelection effort. That month, Mr. Biden’s campaign was boosted by the addition of California Sen. Kamala Harris to the ticket. The Biden campaign has said it raised $48 million in the 48 hours after Ms. Harris was named as Mr. Biden’s running mate. Mr. Trump slightly edged out Mr. Biden in fundraising during their respective conventions.
Mr. Biden’s campaign may benefit this month from an outpouring of donations to Democratic causes after the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

ActBlue, the Democratic online fundraising platform, reported Sunday that donors gave more than $91 million to progressive candidates and causes in the 28 hours after Justice Ginsburg’s death became public Friday evening. That included more than $6.2 million in the 9 p.m. Eastern hour and $6.3 million in the 10 p.m. Eastern hour on Friday. Both were hourly records on the 16-year-old online fundraising platform, according to ActBlue.

i bet some young folks who can't really afford it are sending some cash to Biden. it's their America to protect.

Trump is also stealing from his own campaign. Do not forget that. For all of our teeth gritting and consternation it is entirely possible we are watching a The Producers style scheme right in front of our eyes.

iLOL And?

Bloomberg's primary bid already confirmed money isn't the only factor.

Dozens of billionaires are throwing money at Biden. I wonder why that might be?

Meanwhile, on Mainstreet...
Dozens? We know that some people who have civic virtue, and also happen to be billionaires, support Biden. I'd bet that more conservative billionaires support Trump.

Back in 2016, Hillary ended up raising twice the money Trump did.

Fortunately, most Americans are intelligent enough not to have votes sold to them.
In 2016, the media gave Trump billions in free publicity carrying his rallies start to end.

Nearly every poll is showing movement towards Trump.

Don’t count him out.

Hillary was up 8 points over Trump in October 2016.

Paid propaganda response....

Donations aren't votes. Not even electoral votes. Hillary Clinton had way, way, waaaaaaaaay more money too. Lot of help that was....well, maybe she spent some on bleachng email servers?

The same is true today, in terms of free publicity. For the most part.
But today, we have 4 years of experience with Trump. That's why he's trailing.

Reactions: lwf
But today, we have 4 years of experience with Trump. That's why he's trailing.
He was 8 points behind Hillary in October 2016.

All is still on the table.

A lot of new liberal pollsters this year BTW that weren’t on RCP four years ago.

Do you really think Biden is fit to take office?

He was 8 points behind Hillary in October 2016.

All is still on the table.

A lot of new liberal pollsters this year BTW that weren’t on RCP four years ago.

Do you really think Biden is fit to take office?
The RCP combined poll had Clinton up by 3.2% in national polls. Guess what? She got 2.1% more in the popular vote. In the swing state polls, Biden is outperforming Clinton. The only two that I'm worried about are PA and FL, which are within the margin of error. I'm not saying Trump can't win/ It's just the odds are against it.

The RCP combined poll had Clinton up by 3.2% in national polls. Guess what? She got 2.1% more in the popular vote.
How is that related to Clinton being up 8 points in October?

The point is, if you believe the polls, Trump narrowed an 8 point RCP gap to a 3 point RCP gap in just a few weeks. Which turned out to be a 2 point gap in the popular vote.

I’m not making any definite predictions, but using current polling to count Trump out is crazy.

Some of the polling firms BTW, especially YouGuv, are still sampling way too many Democrats in the Swing States.

Texas, for example, has 8% more registered Republicans than Democrats, and the latest YouGuv poll surveyed 1% more Democrats than Republicans. This is not doing the Biden campaign any favors.

Last edited:
Back in 2016, Hillary ended up raising twice the money Trump did.

Fortunately, most Americans are intelligent enough not to have votes sold to them.

I thought it was Hillary who had won the popular vote?

How is that related to Clinton being up 8 points in October?

The point is, if you believe the polls, Trump narrowed an 8 point RCP gap to a 3 point RCP gap in just a few weeks. Which turned out to be a 2 point gap in the popular vote.

I’m not making any definite predictions, but using current polling to count Trump out is crazy.

Some of the polling firms BTW, especially YouGuv, are still sampling way too many Democrats in the Swing States.

Texas, for example, has 8% more registered Republicans than Democrats, and the latest YouGuv poll surveyed 1% more Democrats than Republicans. This is not doing the Biden campaign any favors.
I'm disputing your claim. Many things happened. There was the Comey memo. There was a step-up in Russian disinformation against Clinton.

I'm not a pollster. Disputing the methodology of people who use statistics to make a living is a lost cause.

A three year head start for Trump in fundraising has been more than erased by Biden, per the WSJ.

it is going to take a lot of cash to divert from the Biden/Harris resume and failures. There is no question that advertising sways people like you but what expect results to Trump advertising false information. Can you explain how all this money is going to divert from the failures of liberalism and all the police around the country endorsing Trump? Why on earth would police who are funded, hired and trained by the cities bite the hand that feeds them? Think about it.

It is going to take a lot of advertising the wipe way the stench created by rioting in cities and states run by liberals creating havoc, destruction, looting, racism. Bring it on, all that advertising to sell snake oil

Bloomie's been sending him millions. No doubt Follywood celebs are sending millions as well.

When you come right down to it, size of the campaign's bank account doesn't matter.

I'm disputing your claim. Many things happened. There was the Comey memo. There was a step-up in Russian disinformation against Clinton.

I'm not a pollster. Disputing the methodology of people who use statistics to make a living is a lost cause.

Clinton was up by 8 in October of 2016, per RCP. Trump closed the gap to +3 in just a few weeks.

There is no methodology there to dispute.

In terms of oversampling Democrats, the facts are the facts. YouGuv reached +1 more Dems than Reps. Texas voters register by party, the registration is Republican +8.

Do you feel the same way about Rasmussen? Do you dispute the methodology of "people who use statistics to make a living?" Because according to Scott Rasmussen, who uses statistics to make a living, Biden is only up 1 per national popular vote, and a week ago, Trump was winning the popular vote.

Do you feel the same way about ABC's new poll which has Trump +4 in Florida? And which has Trump +1 in Arizona?

Asking us to assume pollsters are accurate is like asking us to assume Joe is mentally fit to take office.

CNN had Biden up +14 in their first poll, and that magically dwindled to +4 after they stopped the oversampling of black voters. Pretty accurate, eh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom