• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden Ended August With $141 Million More in Cash Than Trump

it is going to take a lot of cash to divert from the Biden/Harris resume and failures. There is no question that advertising sways people like you but what expect results to Trump advertising false information. Can you explain how all this money is going to divert from the failures of liberalism and all the police around the country endorsing Trump? Why on earth would police who are funded, hired and trained by the cities bite the hand that feeds them? Think about it.

It is going to take a lot of advertising the wipe way the stench created by rioting in cities and states run by liberals creating havoc, destruction, looting, racism. Bring it on, all that advertising to sell snake oil
What you ignore is that Biden is leading Trump and Trump is underperforming in every state compared to 2016. Trump won Texas by 9% and is now either even or leading by 3%. Trump is behind in Ohio and tied in Georgia.

Trump knows he’s losing but nobody told you. Candidates that are winning don’t try to invalidate ballots.

The unrest in the country isn’t on Biden nor Harris. They aren’t in power, Trump is. The re-election slogan, “the country is in shambles so you have to re-elect me,” isn’t resonating with voters.

What you ignore is that Biden is leading Trump and Trump is underperforming in every state compared to 2016.

Whoa there.

You just liked a post establishing the fact that this is 2020, and that we shouldn't be making comparisons to 2016.

He is definitely not underperforming in Pennsylvania compared to 2016. Look at the polling for October.

He's not underperforming in Florida compared to 2016 either. Where are you getting these numbers?

Interesting lol.

When there is data from 2016, by comparison, that makes Biden look good, you all are all over it.

When there is data from 2016, by comparison, that makes Trump look good, suddenly the 2016 mantra is old.

I had this crazy thought that the reason some liberal polling firms are oversampling Democrats is so, in case Trump wins, Democrats can accuse him of cheating. And then back it up by claiming that the polls did not match the results.

No, I'm not at all. This election is totally different from 2016. We've had four years of the "Oh Fake Pumpkin" and everyone can see what a mess he is, even his staunch cultist, albeit they won't admit it. I think the polls are pretty much on point and I don't see Putin's lap dog coming out the victor.

No, I'm not at all. This election is totally different from 2016. We've had four years of the "Oh Fake Pumpkin" and everyone can see what a mess he is, even his staunch cultist, albeit they won't admit it. I think the polls are pretty much on point and I don't see Putin's lap dog coming out the victor.
Well, all this dispute about the accuracy of the polls will clear up on Election Day.

I just hope we don't hear liberals crying "Republicans cheated! Quinnipiac had Biden ahead by 15, and Trump won!"

That would be the scandal of the decade.

He was 8 points behind Hillary in October 2016.

All is still on the table.

A lot of new liberal pollsters this year BTW that weren’t on RCP four years ago.

Do you really think Biden is fit to take office?

Selective memory and wishful thinking on your part does not make it so. It wasn't.

.... then there was Comey near the end who kind of pulled the rug out... actually, it wasn't Comey, it was a Senate leak of a Comey letter, but that is another story. But even then, Clinton had no where near the lead Biden has today...

Selective memory and wishful thinking on your part does not make it so. It wasn't.

.... then there was Comey near the end who kind of pulled the rug out... actually, it wasn't Comey, it was a Senate leak of a Comey letter, but that is another story. But even then, Clinton had no where near the lead Biden has today...

This is EXTREMELY misleading, and you know it.

Liberal outlets, and there are many, strictly comparing Biden’s lead today to Clinton’s lead on this exact date in 2016, ignoring the fact that Clinton’s lead on RCP widened to 7.1 points in October, are engaged in intentionally dishonest reporting.

And, as usual, you seem to be right on board.

Something else not being reported at all is that by the end of September 2016, Monmouth had Clinton up by 10 points in Pennsylvania, and another poll had Clinton up by 12 in Pennsylvania. Trump is arguably doing better in PA at this point than he was four years ago.

Another tidbit no one is reporting is that the only recent poll of Virginia, on either RCP or 538, has Biden up by 5.

Earlier Virginia polls have Biden with a double digit lead, but those date back 3 weeks

Last edited:
This is EXTREMELY misleading, and you know it.

Liberal outlets, and there are many, strictly comparing Biden’s lead today to Clinton’s lead on this exact date in 2016, ignoring the fact that Clinton’s lead on RCP widened to 7.1 points in October, are engaged in intentionally dishonest reporting.

And, as usual, you seem to be right on board.

Something else not being reported at all is that by the end of September 2016, Monmouth had Clinton up by 10 points in Pennsylvania, and another poll had Clinton up by 12 in Pennsylvania. Trump is arguably doing better in PA at this point than he was four years ago.

Another tidbit no one is reporting is that the only recent poll of Virginia, on either RCP or 538, has Biden up by 5.

Earlier Virginia polls have Biden with a double digit lead, but those date back 3 weeks

My post was hardly misleadingly, let along extremely. Its actually your post that is misleading suggesting that Biden is where Clinton was. The Biden Trump race looks nothing like the Biden Clinton race. Just look at the trend lines of 2016 look nothing like the current trend lines.

There was far more volatility in 2016 than we have since in the current race. Yes, Clinton might have been up by 7 point at a point in time, but the lead changed and narrowed multiple times over the summer and fall. Not so in 2020.

Biden is flirting with 50%, which means for Trump win he has to take votes from him. The undecideds can substantially break his way and it won't matter. 46% could win four years ago because there were 3rd party distractions. It won't do that now.... Trumps approval ceiling is 45-46%..... he has no upside. Barring something disruptive to the election, Trump has almost no shot of winning at the ballot box.

The Virginia poll is interesting, but you can't compare two different polls, particularly in states. State polling is sporadic and not as thorough as national polls. This is the only poll by this company. Its a single data point and it conflicts with both previous polls and, really Virginia voting trends. Hence, its more likely an outlier than definitive. If we see another poll that affirms this, well then maybe there is something, but otherwise its a single data point. There was a single poll that had Biden up by 5 in Texas. Similarly, Biden is up by 5 in Ohio in a poll released today. That is interesting; not definitive. I'm not too excited by the Ohio poll nor the Texas results (even though two other polls have Biden winning Ohio and 538.com has flipped Ohio to Biden, but that is another discussion). Don't get too pumped by the Virginia poll, it likely means nothing.

BTW... the analysis goes on to say that Biden is up by 8.3% amongst the enthusiastic vote. Interesting, because that was suppose to be the Trump advantage.

Last edited:
I give the American electorate more credit than that.

Maybe not DP posters, but the American electorate.

BTW your phrasing implies that you are afraid that people WILL watch the debates.
LOL. Im scared people will watch the debates? Where do you come up with this stuff? I for one am watching the debates - just to watch how pathetically stupid trump is. Most people who watch the debates have already made up their minds.

You should seek that answer out yourself. Why would more billionaires want to contribute to someone who is supposedly bad for the economy?
Clearly they want favors.

My post was hardly misleadingly, let along extremely. Its actually your post that is misleading suggesting that Biden is where Clinton was. The Biden Trump race looks nothing like the Biden Clinton race. Just look at the trend lines of 2016 look nothing like the current trend lines.

There was far more volatility in 2016 than we have since in the current race. Yes, Clinton might have been up by 7 point at a point in time, but the lead changed and narrowed multiple times over the summer and fall. Not so in 2020.

Biden is flirting with 50%, which means for Trump win he has to take votes from him. The undecideds can substantially break his way and it won't matter. 46% could win four years ago because there were 3rd party distractions. It won't do that now.... Trumps approval ceiling is 45-46%..... he has no upside. Barring something disruptive to the election, Trump has almost no shot of winning at the ballot box.

The Virginia poll is interesting, but you can't compare two different polls, particularly in states. State polling is sporadic and not as thorough as national polls. This is the only poll by this company. Its a single data point and it conflicts with both previous polls and, really Virginia voting trends. Hence, its more likely an outlier than definitive. If we see another poll that affirms this, well then maybe there is something, but otherwise its a single data point. There was a single poll that had Biden up by 5 in Texas. Similarly, Biden is up by 5 in Ohio in a poll released today. That is interesting; not definitive. I'm not too excited by the Ohio poll nor the Texas results (even though two other polls have Biden winning Ohio and 538.com has flipped Ohio to Biden, but that is another discussion). Don't get too pumped by the Virginia poll, it likely means nothing.

BTW... the analysis goes on to say that Biden is up by 8.3% amongst the enthusiastic vote. Interesting, because that was suppose to be the Trump advantage.
Nothing in my post suggested that Biden is where Clinton was.

However, comparing Biden’s lead today to Clinton’s lead exactly on this date four years ago is intentionally misleading, since journalists are well aware that Clinton was up by 7.1 in October, and Trump narrowed that gap in weeks.

Your paragraph about Biden “flirting with 50%” assumes the polling is accurate, which as we know, is a pretty big assumption. Even Nate Silver has come out and stated that many polling firms over represent college educated voters. If this is true, the 50% is meaningless, in that it represents 50% of the sample, not 50% if the actual electorate.

In October 2016, Clinton was “flirting with 50%” as well, I see polling that had Clinton at 54%, 53%, 51%, and a few at 50%.

I don’t see any kind of approval ceiling for Trump which was any different from four years ago. YouGuv recently had his approval at 47%, the Hill had it at 48%, and Rasmussen has it back up to 52%.

Something else to note. The YahooNews/YouGuv poll, which doesn’t show up in RCP, I believe because it focuses on younger voters, has Biden’s lead cut from 10 points to 5 points in two weeks.

Last edited:
LOL. Im scared people will watch the debates? Where do you come up with this stuff? I for one am watching the debates - just to watch how pathetically stupid trump is. Most people who watch the debates have already made up their minds.
You posted “No one cares about the damn debates.”

It sounded like you were angry about the fact that Joe has to appear in debates, with no teleprompter.

You posted “No one cares about the damn debates.”

It sounded like you were angry about the fact that Joe has to appear in debates, with no teleprompter.

I cannot wait for Trump to *crush* Sleepy Joe. Anything less than total domination, gigantic failure.

Dozens of billionaires are throwing money at Biden. I wonder why that might be?

Meanwhile, on Mainstreet...
Tells you who the rich really support. Do they know something about the Dems that we don’t? Like how they will benefit from the Dems in power.

Tells you who the rich really support. Do they know something about the Dems that we don’t? Like how they will benefit from the Dems in power.
Worked out well for them last time...

But I think they're mostly wanting someone they'll have more influence over.

Worked out well for them last time...

But I think they're mostly wanting someone they'll have more influence over.
Which always made me wonder what the point of all that cash is for. How many people actually pay attention to ads and of those that do, how many are actually stupid enough to fall for them.

A three year head start for Trump in fundraising has been more than erased by Biden, per the WSJ.

Biden Ended August With $141 Million More in Cash Than Trump

Billionairs are riding to the rescue! Hopefully the Trump campaign will continue to spend the new money as ineptly as before.

Dozens of billionaires are throwing money at Biden. I wonder why that might be?

Because they can't stand the lying, phoney Donald Jenius Trump.

Which always made me wonder what the point of all that cash is for. How many people actually pay attention to ads and of those that do, how many are actually stupid enough to fall for them.
I think they're aimed at people for whom those ads are their only exposure to the candidates. Many people in the so-called middle are there because they don't know much about politics.

Because they can't stand the lying, phoney Donald Jenius Trump.
I don't know that a tendency to make emotional decisions is a characteristic that a lot of billionaires have in common.

So if Rasmussen has Biden +1, and they are accurate, this would imply a Trump victory. If EC patterns hold up.

White House Watch
Following President Trump’s announcement of a U.S. Supreme Court nominee just weeks before Election Day, Democrat Joe Biden has jumped out to an eight-point lead in Rasmussen Reports’ weekly White House Watch survey. The survey does not include reaction to last night’s first Trump-Biden debate.

The latest national telephone and online survey finds Biden leading President Trump 51% to 43% among Likely U.S. Voters. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate. Another three percent (3%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

The race had narrowed over the previous three weeks, but Biden has now cleared the 50% mark for the first time. Trump’s latest showing is his lowest since early August.

eyes.png

Back
Top Bottom