• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden Digging His Heels In On His Second Term, GULP !

Eatomus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is going to funny to watch the scrambling panic among Biden's handlers as they discover that the early stages of dementia which once made it so easy to tell Joe what he needed to do or else he would " GET IN TROUBLE" turns into the later stages of dementia which are marked by increasing anger, defiance, foul & inappropriate language in settings where it was once never used.

Accept
Seniorlink

Dealing with Stubbornness in Parents Living with Dementia: 50 Expert Tips for Communicating, Gaining Cooperation, and Understanding Behavior
By William McIvor, Executive Vice President, Chief Development Officer, Seniorlink on Apr 27, 2021 3:58:02 PM
Resisting care and general stubbornness are two hallmarks of dementia, and they are among the most common reasons that adult children look for help as caregivers.

These latter stages coming on strong just at the point where they were hoping to nudge Joe into making an announcement that he won't be running based upon the reason they are now being completely stymied by,
his health.

"increasing anger, defiance, foul & inappropriate language in settings where it was once never used."

LOL.
You mean Trump again!
Don't you think that Biden's most zealous supporters in the media are already suggesting replacement now in 2022 are doing so being aware of the coming difficulty involved in later stage dementia?
If not that reason why then are they suggesting he is out so early?
Or are you afraid to say ?

11 Democrats who could replace Joe Biden in 2024​

Chris Cillizza
Analysis by Chris Cillizza, CNN Editor-at-large

Updated 10:31 PM ET, Mon December 13, 2021

Not to worry!

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Dem bigwigs & especially Dr. Biden will gently nudge President Biden toward the exit door.

His departure from D.C. in January, 2025, will be a grand event.

Since he loves choo choo trains (as do I), there will be thousands of people to see him off at D.C.'s train station.

There will be cheers and some tears, too (especially from the ladies who helped him win in the 2020 primaries).

He will go down in the history books as the man who ousted The Donald, whom many Dems considered to be as bad or even worse than Hitler and Stalin and Mao and Castro combined.

Not to worry!

I have no doubt whatsoever that the Dem bigwigs & especially Dr. Biden will gently nudge President Biden toward the exit door.

Since he loves choo choo trains (as do I), there will be thousands of people to see him off at D.C.'s train station.

There will be cheers and some tears, too (especially from the ladies who helped him win in the 2020 primaries).

He will go down in the history books as the man who ousted The Donald, whom many Dems considered to be as bad or even worse than Hitler and Stalin and Mao and Castro combined.
But what about the difficulty involved in letting the later stages of the decline develop, that would be inherent in his handlers acting later rather than sooner ?
The medical personal must have given them a detailed description of how controlling a dementia patient is only going to get more difficult with each new day .
Don't you think that is why so many power brokers in the democrat camp are already suggesting other frontrunners?

STAGES AND BEHAVIORS

En Español

Aggression and Anger​

Aggression and Anger
Share or Print this page

Aggressive behaviors may be verbal or physical. They can occur suddenly, with no apparent reason, or result from a frustrating situation. While aggression can be hard to cope with, understanding that the person with Alzheimer's or dementia is not acting this way on purpose can help.

Don't you think that Biden's most zealous supporters in the media are already suggesting replacement now in 2022 are doing so being aware of the coming difficulty involved in later stage dementia?

Chris Cillizza

I've said it before on this forum that there should be two age limits for Presidents, 35 and (maybe, I'm open to debate) no older than 70 at the beginning of a first term. I'm also open to any other dem running in 2024.
It's just that your statement about that type of inappropriate behavior has already been seen in settings where it was never used by a president (Trump) quite recently.

I've said it before on this forum that there should be two age limits for Presidents, 35 and (maybe, I'm open to debate) no older than 70 at the beginning of a first term. I'm also open to any other dem running in 2024.
It's just that your statement about that type of inappropriate behavior has already been seen in settings where it was never used by a president (Trump) quite recently.
So you agree they are better off being at least vocal about his not running again now as early as 2022 rather than waiting until the combative later stages set in ?
Even if they were able to nudge him into declining a second term now. with the nature of the disease he could very easily come out one day months from now and say he is running?
Who could stop him from doing so as he is frustrated in front of a microphone?
What would they do then ?
STAGES AND BEHAVIORS

En Español

Aggression and Anger​

Aggression and Anger
Share or Print this page

Aggressive behaviors may be verbal or physical. They can occur suddenly, with no apparent reason, or result from a frustrating situation. While aggression can be hard to cope with, understanding that the person with Alzheimer's or dementia is not acting this way on purpose can help.

A political leader has nothing to gain and everything to lose by saying he or she will not run for re-election.

It is going to funny to watch the scrambling panic among Biden's handlers as they discover that the early stages of dementia which once made it so easy to tell Joe what he needed to do or else he would " GET IN TROUBLE" turns into the later stages of dementia which are marked by increasing anger, defiance, foul & inappropriate language in settings where it was once never used.

Accept
Seniorlink

Dealing with Stubbornness in Parents Living with Dementia: 50 Expert Tips for Communicating, Gaining Cooperation, and Understanding Behavior
By William McIvor, Executive Vice President, Chief Development Officer, Seniorlink on Apr 27, 2021 3:58:02 PM

Resisting care and general stubbornness are two hallmarks of dementia, and they are among the most common reasons that adult children look for help as caregivers.

These latter stages coming on strong just at the point where they were hoping to nudge Joe into making an announcement that he won't be running based upon the reason they are now being completely stymied by,
his health.

I know, right? Next thing you know the current President will be babbling about grabbing ******s.

ADMINISTRATION

Biden has told Obama he’s running again​

BY AMIE PARNES AND MORGAN CHALFANT - 04/19/22 5:14 AM ET

At some point ( And sooner rather that later I would think ) his supporters that say he is out , and his supporters that say he is a fine choice once again have to fight it out between themselves to a single prevailing position for the sake of party unity don't they ?

1650640680977.png

So you agree they are better off being at least vocal about his not running again now as early as 2022 rather than waiting until the combative later stages set in ?
Even if they were able to nudge him into declining a second term now. with the nature of the disease he could very easily come out one day months from now and say he is running?
Who could stop him from doing so as he is frustrated in front of a microphone?
What would they do then ?
STAGES AND BEHAVIORS

En Español

Aggression and Anger​

Aggression and Anger
Share or Print this page

He has not been diagnosed with dementia. If he was, he would resign or be removed. Not being Republicans, Democrats would do the right thing.

But what about the difficulty involved in letting the later stages of the decline develop, that would be inherent in his handlers acting later rather than sooner ?
The medical personal must have given them a detailed description of how controlling a dementia patient is only going to get more difficult with each new day .
Don't you think that is why so many power brokers in the democrat camp are already suggesting other frontrunners?

STAGES AND BEHAVIORS

En Español

Aggression and Anger​

Aggression and Anger
Share or Print this page

I am sure that you know that there are some people who feel that any discussion about President Biden's cognitive abilities should be labeled "misinformation" and banned, as is COVID "misinformation" or election fraud "misinformation" by certain famous Internet platforms.

I do not read/watch the liberal media and I never watch MSNBC (I AM watching CNN coverage of Ukraine. Think that Don Lemon is doing a good job). But I am guessing that the President's alleged cognitive shortcomings are a taboo topic at those sources.

For reasons that I shan't bore you with, I am acquainted with the confused and angry response of some patients with varying stages of dementia. It is, to say the least, heartbreaking for the family. In short it is unbelievable.

If (IF!) President Biden's cognitive abilities do deteriorate seriously in the next two years, there is NO doubt that the Dem bigwigs will gently ease him out. Either finding a face-saving excuse for his returning to Delaware or simply letting him keep the title of "President" but transferring his duties to the Vice President and others.

Have a nice weekend!

A political leader has nothing to gain and everything to lose by saying he or she will not run for re-election.
How much is lost by saying both ?

ADMINISTRATION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Cillizza

He has not been diagnosed with dementia. If he was, he would resign or be removed. Not being Republicans, Democrats would do the right thing.
If not for health reasons why are so many Liberal power brokers suggesting it is over after 1 term ?

Chris Cillizza

I'd rather not vote for Biden but if it comes down to him or Trump again I'd have no choice but to vote for him.

Not to worry!

The donkeys cannot get rid of Joe. They have nobody to replace him. Imagine Weekend at Bernies and you have Joe's second term.

Chris Cillizza

Surprise, surprise, another @Eatomus lying troll thread.

You deliberately misrepresented Cilliza’s opinion and comments.

“Combine President Joe Biden's age (he'll be 82 shortly after the 2024 election) and his ongoing political struggles (he's mired in the low 40s in job approval) and you get this: a series of stories examining whether Biden runs again and, if not, who might take his place.”

How much is lost by saying both ?

ADMINISTRATION

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris Cillizza

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. could you give an example?

I'd rather not vote for Biden but if it comes down to him or Trump again I'd have no choice but to vote for him.
Biden wasn’t in my top 3 choices, but I happily voted for him, and haven’t had a moments regret since.

Imagine Weekend at Bernies and you have Joe's second term.
Seriously.

I assume that Dem power brokers are this very minute talking about whom they can anoint as their candidate for 2024.

Neither the Dems nor the Republicans have many attractive candidates.

Of course, I assume that the Dems feel that Vice President Harris lacks the gravitas for the job.

Of course, I assume that the Republicans feel that The Donald is out of the question.

Both parties need an Eisenhower type of candidate: Some kind of hero (not necessarily military) who can appeal to a cross section of the American public. (Probably a lady and a person of color. Or even -- gulp! -- a Caucasian that seems to be pleasantly moderate to both Dems and Republicans.)

I am sure that you know that there are some people who feel that any discussion about President Biden's cognitive abilities should be labeled "misinformation" and banned, as is COVID "misinformation" or election fraud "misinformation" by certain famous Internet platforms.

I do not read/watch the liberal media and I never watch MSNBC (I AM watching CNN coverage of Ukraine. Think that Don Lemon is doing a good job). But I am guessing that the President's alleged cognitive shortcomings are a taboo topic at those sources.

For reasons that I shan't bore you with, I am acquainted with the confused and angry response of some patients with varying stages of dementia. It is, to say the least, heartbreaking for the family. In short it is unbelievable.

If (IF!) President Biden's cognitive abilities do deteriorate seriously in the next two years, there is NO doubt that the Dem bigwigs will gently ease him out. Either finding a face-saving excuse for his returning to Delaware or simply letting him keep the title of "President" but transferring his duties to the Vice President and others.

Have a nice weekend!
The dangers of sudden behaviors coming out of nowhere are actually much more frightening than issues of memory .
I was once driving with an older relative in what I would say were the middle stages of dementia, very similar to where Joe is now, acting in many respects perfectly normal with some memory issues that I had known for decades as being one of the most responsible and cautious human beings I have ever known driving down the highway with other family members in the car when out of the blue he suddenly and very purposefully grabbed hold of the shifter on the console and attempted to shift the car while we were at highway speed.
I managed to wrest his hand away get the car over to the side and immediately had him sit in the back seat.
He had no explanation for what he had done and for that matter acted like he had no idea what he had done.
( In hindsight I suspect that this may have been the "DEFIANCE" factor in action as it was shortly before this incident that he had had his car keys taken away from him due to the progressing dementia)
Completely out of character from the person I knew, and even after doing such a dangerous thing seemed perfectly normal just a couple of minutes later.
From that day forward he was never allowed to ride in the front seat.
His decline progressed rapidly shortly after that and he died within the next 14 months.
Kind Regards !

If not for health reasons why are so many Liberal power brokers suggesting it is over after 1 term ?

Chris Cillizza

He's polling very bad. I can't imagine what a president would look like that polled well anymore.

He's polling very bad. I can't imagine what a president would look like that polled well anymore.
If they all poll bad why are the power broker, king makers throwing him under the bus 2 years ahead of time?

PEW RESEARCH CENTERJANUARY 24, 2022
1. VIEWS OF JOE BIDEN

Biden’s job rating continues to slide among Democrats, Democratic leaners​

Chris Cillizza

Quote Reply

Chris Cillizza

Thanks for reminding us that we have plenty of options if Joe chooses not to run again. (y)

Back
Top Bottom