• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden contradicted himself

I got quite a chuckle out of this when Biden said it last night:

I don't look at this in terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, they're all the United States and look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They're the red states, they're the states in the Midwest, they're the states in the upper Midwest, that's where the spike is occurring significantly.

Did you chuckle about this one too?

“"I take full responsibility. It's not my fault that it came here. It's China's fault.”

I don't look at this in terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, they're all the United States and look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They're the red states, they're the states in the Midwest, they're the states in the upper Midwest, that's where the spike is occurring significantly.

The thread was derailed on the second post.
This is what he was talking about:
ND Covid.png

Regarding contradiction, we can play that game all day long -- like pointing out the contradiction of the guy who says he wants nothing more but to release his taxes, whose been suing in the courts to keep his taxes secret. Or the same guy, who tells blacks that he's done more from them since Lincoln but tells suburban women to be afraid of Biden, because he'll allow scary black people into their neighborhoods. Or the guy who said he takes responsibility for Covid and in the same breathe blames it on China.

That That Biden's policies are all geared toward big blue cities, not the United States of America
Oh really? You mean blue states like West Virginia, that voted 70% for Trump? West Virginia has a third of the population on Medicaid, a program Trump is hostile to. Their rural hospitals are dependent upon Medicaid and the ACA. Many rural hospitals will close if the ACA is no more. This is true for most red states. After the ACA was passed and Kentucky expanded Medicaid, they experiences a two-thirds drop in the uninsurance rate.

In 2019, The Washington Post published a heart-rending description of a pop-up medical clinic in Cleveland, Tenn., a temporary installation providing free care for two days on a first-come-first-served basis. Hundreds of people showed up many hours before the clinic opened, because rural America is suffering from a severe crisis of health care availability, with hospitals closing and doctors leaving.

Since the focus of the report was on personal experience, not policy, it’s understandable that the article mentioned only in passing the fact that Tennessee is one of the 14 states that still refuse to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. So I’m not sure how many people grasped the reality that America’s rural health care crisis is largely, not entirely, but largely, a direct result of Republican political decisions. Biden's plan to provide a public option would alleviate much of this crisis in rural (red) America.

Oh really? You mean blue states like West Virginia, that voted 70% for Trump? West Virginia has a third of the population on Medicaid, a program Trump is hostile to. Their rural hospitals are dependent upon Medicaid and the ACA. Many rural hospitals will close if the ACA is no more. This is true for most red states. After the ACA was passed and Kentucky expanded Medicaid, they experiences a two-thirds drop in the uninsurance rate.

In 2019, The Washington Post published a heart-rending description of a pop-up medical clinic in Cleveland, Tenn., a temporary installation providing free care for two days on a first-come-first-served basis. Hundreds of people showed up many hours before the clinic opened, because rural America is suffering from a severe crisis of health care availability, with hospitals closing and doctors leaving.

Since the focus of the report was on personal experience, not policy, it’s understandable that the article mentioned only in passing the fact that Tennessee is one of the 14 states that still refuse to expand Medicaid under the Affordable Care Act. So I’m not sure how many people grasped the reality that America’s rural health care crisis is largely, not entirely, but largely, a direct result of Republican political decisions. Biden's plan to provide a public option would alleviate much of this crisis in rural (red) America.

Obamacare accelerated the closure of rural hospitals. Perhaps you should think a little more about why your heart rending description happened.

Nonsense. Climate change is a good example. No one is impacted by climate change more than farmers. Forest fires primarily impact rural areas.

Nonsense. $15 MW will destroy small town small businesses. They don't have the money to support it. Obama's waters of the US rule would have destroyed midwest ranchers had Trump not reversed it.

Obamacare accelerated the closure of rural hospitals. Perhaps you should think a little more about why your heart rending description happened.

Exactly the opposite.

Exactly the opposite.

Lots of links none of it addresses that the reason their demise accelerated was due in no small part to Obamacare reallocating funds for the treatment of the uninsured from them to free birth control for women making %70K+ a year

The ACA made temporary hospitals like that one no longer needed. People could finally get health care at real medical facilities.

Lots of links none of it addresses that the reason their demise accelerated was due in no small part to Obamacare reallocating funds for the treatment of the uninsured from them to free birth control for women making %70K+ a year

If any of your claims are true, you already have proof from totally unbiased scientific sources that only exist to provide factual information, not push an agenda. So let us see it.

That That Biden's policies are all geared toward big blue cities, not the United States of America
From the administration that sneered at Red States clinging to their bibles and guns.

Trump must have you in stitches?

Yeah, but in the context of the actual quote he didn't really. Though I don't expect partisans to generally go for context.
lmao the irony here cannot be missed folks. leftists hypocrisy is an amazing thing to before.

It pales in comparison to "...I take full responsibility .... it's China's fault..."

Trump must have you in stitches?

Naw, Trump tends to have people on ventilators....

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

lmao the irony here cannot be missed folks. leftists hypocrisy is an amazing thing to before.
Oh I'm sorry, taking things out of context is OK then? I'll try to remember that the next time y'all get upset over something.

Actually during the times that Biden has been in office, especially in the Senate he proved to be a moderate that was able to work with Republicans...but don't let facts get in the way.

Nonsense. $15 MW will destroy small town small businesses. They don't have the money to support it. Obama's waters of the US rule would have destroyed midwest ranchers had Trump not reversed it.
It hasn't where it has been implemented.

Really now? It sure seems to be helping Regional Medical Center here in Orangeburg County, South Carolina...

It was a gaff...

I don't see red states, blue states... But those red states....

The real problem is that Joe Biden does not see states as having the (constitutional?) authority to differ from his wishes. He Intends to “unite them” to do as he wishes under the control of the federal government.

It hasn't where it has been implemented.

That is a nice assertion, but with the exception of DC (not a state) no state currently has a $15/hour MW. A disturbing trend is developing whereby MW differs based on the size (number of employees) of the business. MW is then no longer that every worker must be paid at least $X/hour - it then varies based not on their job duties, but on how many co-workers they currently have.

Last edited:
What dos MW or the waters rule have to do with climate change?

Back
Top Bottom