• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Biden contradicted himself

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I got quite a chuckle out of this when Biden said it last night:

I don't look at this in terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, they're all the United States and look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They're the red states, they're the states in the Midwest, they're the states in the upper Midwest, that's where the spike is occurring significantly.​

Are you going to continue with his next sentence, or does someone need to do it for you?

"But they're all Americans, they're all Americans, and what we have to do is say: 'Wear these masks,' number 1, [and] 'make sure we get the help that the businesses need.'"

I don't look at this in terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, they're all the United States and look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They're the red states, they're the states in the Midwest, they're the states in the upper Midwest, that's where the spike is occurring significantly.

He came close to doing it a second time but I forget what he was discussing when he pulled out the red state blue state card again.

That that Biden also repeated we are "the United States of America."
That That Biden's policies are all geared toward big blue cities, not the United States of America

I don't look at this in terms of the way he does, blue states and red states, they're all the United States and look at the states that are having such a spike in the coronavirus. They're the red states, they're the states in the Midwest, they're the states in the upper Midwest, that's where the spike is occurring significantly.

Are you going to continue with his next sentence, or does someone need to do it for you?

"But they're all Americans, they're all Americans, and what we have to do is say: 'Wear these masks,' number 1, [and] 'make sure we get the help that the businesses need.'"

lol...the first post's dishonesty was lazy even by Grim17 standards. He must be feeling pretty desperate.

Yeah, but in the context of the actual quote he didn't really. Though I don't expect partisans to generally go for context.

LOL The first post's dishonesty was lazy even by Grim17 standards. He must be feeling pretty desperate.

Everyone who worships the rattlesnake is desperate. They just will not admit anything.

Yeah, but in the context of the actual quote he didn't really. Though I don't expect partisans to generally go for context.

Republican partisans love to ignore context and do whatever they can to hide it. There is something called "lying by omission" that elephants do all the time.

Nothing like the chuckle I got when Trump said this:

“Nobody has done more for the Black community than Donald Trump. If you look, with the exception of Abraham Lincoln, possible exception, nobody has done what I’ve done.”
— Mr. Trump

Among modern presidents, the most significant legislative achievements arguably belong to President Lyndon B. Johnson, who shepherded the passage of the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act. (Last year, the White House celebrated the passage of the Civil Rights Act as a “historic milestone.”) Meanwhile Republican-appointed justices have gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Experts also pointed to an array of major contributions by other presidents. President Ulysses S. Grant sent troops to South Carolina against the Ku Klux Klan to protect the constitutional rights of freed black Americans during Reconstruction. President Harry S. Truman issued an executive order desegregating the armed forces. President Dwight D. Eisenhower enforced the landmark Supreme Court decision Brown v. Board of Education. President Jimmy Carter diversified the judiciary, and President Bill Clinton the executive branch.

You have to know what is in his heart, not what he actually said, because that is not what he meant. Grim knows Biden’s heart and Trumps

I know what his next sentence was, but it didn't change what he said. He says he doesn't look at things in terms of blue states and red states, then proceeds to talk about red states and Corona virus.

I know what his next sentence was, but it didn't change what he said. He says he doesn't look at things in terms of blue states and red states, then proceeds to talk about red states and Corona virus.
And then proceeds to qualify all states as being part of America. Is that not true? Do you wish it were not true?

Last edited:
And then proceeds to qualify all states as being part of America. Is that not true? Do you wish it were not true?

It was a gaff...

I don't see red states, blue states... But those red states....

The OP omitted the next sentence on purpose. It is what Trump worshipers do.
i hope everyone here realizes which Trump posters are hardcore Rush and Sean (massive liars) listeners. it's so friggin obvious. they use the exact same words and exact same tactics.

I hope everyone here realizes which Trump posters are hardcore Rush and Sean (massive liars) listeners. it's so frigging obvious. They use the exact same words and exact same tactics.

Rattlesnake worshipers know they are hardcore Hannity and Limbaugh fans. They refuse to admit their only reason for listening to those idiots is a stupid belief the rattlesnake is God.

I talked to my mom about this. She said the only people who think Donald Trump won the debate are Republicans who think he is God and used the word cult. I don't think she knows who Sean Hannity is, but her feelings about Fox are so strong she once threatened to take my computer away if I use it as a news source.

“Nobody has done more for the Black community than Donald Trump. If you look, with the exception of Abraham Lincoln, possible exception, nobody has done what I’ve done.” — Mr. Trump

Whoa, Donald. It is pretty obvious why Joe Biden teased you for pretending to be Abraham Lincoln.

I always hated sarcasm, but laughed during that argument.

Fact checkers please: Was the first time Trump heard of Black Lives Matter when someone told him about pigs in a blanket?

That That Biden's policies are all geared toward big blue cities, not the United States of America
Nonsense. Climate change is a good example. No one is impacted by climate change more than farmers. Forest fires primarily impact rural areas.

“Nobody has done more for the Black community than Donald Trump. If you look, with the exception of Abraham Lincoln, possible exception, nobody has done what I’ve done.”
— Mr. Trump

Among modern presidents, the most significant legislative achievements arguably belong to President Lyndon B. Johnson, who shepherded the passage of the Voting Rights Act, the Civil Rights Act and the Fair Housing Act. (Last year, the White House celebrated the passage of the Civil Rights Act as a “historic milestone.”) Meanwhile Republican-appointed justices have gutted the Voting Rights Act.

Experts also pointed to an array of major contributions by other presidents. President Ulysses S. Grant sent troops to South Carolina against the Ku Klux Klan to protect the constitutional rights of freed black Americans during Reconstruction. President Harry S. Truman issued an executive order desegregating the armed forces. President Dwight D. Eisenhower enforced the landmark Supreme Court decision Brown v. Board of Education. President Jimmy Carter diversified the judiciary, and President Bill Clinton the executive branch.

I laughed when Biden called him Abe Lincoln.

Nonsense. Climate change is a good example. No one is impacted by climate change more than farmers. Forest fires primarily impact rural areas.

What about the fires in cities on the West Coast? There are big fires in California every year that begin naturally and damage a lot of properties.

A welcome contrast to Trump torpedoing a national testing strategy and further economic stimulus because he doesn't want to help blue states.

A welcome contrast to Trump torpedoing a national testing strategy and further economic stimulus because he doesn't want to help blue states.

He does not want to help red states either.

Back
Top Bottom