• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Biden condemns violence in Portland and calls on Trump to do the same

If you don't like the status quo of widespread social justice protests with occasional rioting and looting

There didn't have to be any rioting and looting if those mayors and governors had done their job. Notice how these riots haven't spread very far? Cause most mayors would not put up with it, and they would quickly stop it. How come Detroit hasn't erupted? Cause they dealt with it at the beginning and sent a message that rioting and looting would not be tolerated. Notice I separate peaceful protests from rioting and looting? You can have one without the other.

There didn't have to be any rioting and looting if those mayors and governors had done their job. Notice how these riots haven't spread very far? Cause most mayors would not put up with it, and they would quickly stop it. How come Detroit hasn't erupted? Cause they dealt with it at the beginning and sent a message that rioting and looting would not be tolerated. Notice I separate peaceful protests from rioting and looting? You can have one without the other.

Rioting and looting eventually crop up wherever there are large scale protests. The solution to rioting and looting is to remove the reason for the protests.

Rioting and looting eventually crop up wherever there are large scale protests. [\QUOTE]

Well, that's certainly true of democratic controlled cities, isn't it? Wonder why it hasn't spread to any republican controlled cities?

merlin_155260731_e9e4a8f2-c919-492f-ac31-4a489b971ce7-articleLarge.jpg

It's time for Joe Biden to go on the attack. With Trumps dismal record of unending failures, Biden may have to prioritize his targeting.

I think it is important for Joe Biden to go on the hard offensive and not allow Trump to commandeer the daily news cycle.

I'm sure Trump would, but he's too worried about all the people living in shadows.

Perhaps Biden, being a Democrat, can do what Trump is clearly not capable of doing: Lending a sympathetic ear to the protesters and acknowledging that the problems being protested actually exist, rather than simply blaming the victims who are fighting for change?

Perhaps you should just start paying attention to what is going on. Democrat mayors of these cities have been 'lending a sympathetic ear' to these mobs since day 1. Its day 100 now and the violence rages on. Appeasement never works. Just ask the mayor of Portland. This is democrats behaving badly but you wont call them out because they are on your tribe. But its time to be honest and own it.

So, Biden's only solution after three months of saying nothing and nothing being said at the convention, is to condemn the rioters? That's it?

So, Trump's only solution after being in office for 3 !/2 years and doing nothing is to fan the flames?

So, Trump's only solution after being in office for 3 !/2 years and doing nothing is to fan the flames?

He tried to get rid of the rioters in Portland, leaving only the peaceful protesters but you guys chased him out. The peaceful protesters and the wall of moms provided cover for the rioters in order to let the rioters riot. Now Portland's plan of action is to give the rioters free reign to riot. Calling rioters out for their rioting, Wheeler's plan, the left's plan, and Biden's plan, doesn't stop the rioting. It is nothing but a meaningless gesture.

merlin_155260731_e9e4a8f2-c919-492f-ac31-4a489b971ce7-articleLarge.jpg

It's time for Joe Biden to go on the attack. With Trumps dismal record of unending failures, Biden may have to prioritize his targeting.

I think it is important for Joe Biden to go on the hard offensive and not allow Trump to commandeer the daily news cycle.

Amusing coming a from a man whose people been donating to groups that are bailing out those doing the violence. If Biden was really against the violence then he wouldn't be letting his people donate to groups that are bailing out the rioters and other scum doing the violence.

Biden staff donate to group that pays bail in riot-torn Minneapolis - Reuters
- Campaign staff for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden are advertising their donations to a group that pays bail fees in Minneapolis after the city’s police jailed people protesting the killing of a black man by a white police officer.

Kamala Harris ripped for flip-flopping on rioters after she asked for donations to bail them out of jail
Vice Presidential nominee Kamala Harris asked supporters in June to donate to Minnesota rioters who were arrested, in a tweet now earning her criticism after condemning rioters’ violence this weekend.

“If you’re able to, chip in now to the @MNFreedomFund to help post bail for those protesting on the ground in Minnesota,” Harris tweeted on June 1, just days after the Memorial Day death of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

BLM was formed after 5 years of Obama's presidency.

BLM was formed in 2013. Barrack Obama's term as president was from January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.

Just a moment...

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013

Oh how quickly we forget history.

Hilarious coming from the person who claimed BLM was formed 5 years after Obama's presidency.

BLM was formed in 2013. Barrack Obama's term as president was from January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.

Just a moment...

#BlackLivesMatter was founded in 2013

Hilarious coming from the person who claimed BLM was formed 5 years after Obama's presidency.

Oh boy, you really got me there. I was off by an entire half year! I'm slain, I tells ya! SLAIN!!!

If you vote for Trump, then you support the riots, looting, and violence, since it all happened under his watch, he has already done everything he is capable of doing to stop it, and there is no reason to believe that anything will change if he is reelected.

Vote Biden. Because at least he doesn't go out of his way to make snarky comments and fan the flames of hatred in order to piss off the protesters. Maybe it won't be enough, but it will be a damn sight better than 4 more years of the status quo.

Nope. I plan to vote for Trump. Trump backs the police. Democrats want to defund or get rid of the police.

I don’t mind peaceful demonstrations but riots with looting and burning piss me off. I don’t feel sorry for rioters, looters and arsonists. It wouldn’t bother me in the least to see the cops move in and start busting heads with billy clubs. If that doesn’t work send in the National Guard. Round up the rioters and let them rot in jail for a while. Let me emphasize once again I don’t mind peaceful Dr. Martin Luther King style demonstrations. They were quite effective and accomplished a lot of good for our nation.

If Biden wins things will rapidly go down hill in our nation. The people who pull Biden’s strings will get him to pander to Antifa and the worst elements of the Black Lives Matter movement and we may end up in either another Civil War or a race war (or maybe both). Plus Joe would push through laws to ban and confiscate civilian own firearms so we can’t defend ourselves against rioters. (Of course only a few people would turn in their weapons so the old quote, “If guns are banned only criminals will have guns” will be proven true.

Nope. I plan to vote for Trump. Trump backs the police. Democrats want to defund or get rid of the police.

I don’t mind peaceful demonstrations but riots with looting and burning piss me off. I don’t feel sorry for rioters, looters and arsonists. It wouldn’t bother me in the least to see the cops move in and start busting heads with billy clubs. If that doesn’t work send in the National Guard. Round up the rioters and let them rot in jail for a while. Let me emphasize once again I don’t mind peaceful Dr. Martin Luther King style demonstrations. They were quite effective and accomplished a lot of good for our nation.

If Biden wins things will rapidly go down hill in our nation. The people who pull Biden’s strings will get him to pander to Antifa and the worst elements of the Black Lives Matter movement and we may end up in either another Civil War or a race war (or maybe both). Plus Joe would push through laws to ban and confiscate civilian own firearms so we can’t defend ourselves against rioters. (Of course only a few people would turn in their weapons so the old quote, “If guns are banned only criminals will have guns” will be proven true.

But the rioting and looting happened and is happening under Trump's watch and he has done nothing to stop it. He has done absolutely everything he can for America during his presidency and look where we are.

Vote Biden if you at least want a chance at taking the country in a different direction.
Vote Trump if you want everything to stay exactly as it is right now.

But the rioting and looting happened and is happening under Trump's watch and he has done nothing to stop it. He has done absolutely everything he can for America during his presidency and look where we are.

Vote Biden if you at least want a chance at taking the country in a different direction.

There are limits to what Trump can do to resolve a problem in a city. He has to be asked first or declare there is an insurrection in the city (which is a big step).

The main problem is that that Democrats who run these cities are tying the hands of the police departments and not allowing them to arrest rioters who loot and burn and throw them in jail awaiting trial.

Of course Democrats blame Trump because Democrats blame Trump for everything in the entire universe that goes wrong. Democrats create a problem and blame Trump. A tried and true tactics that only works because the liberal media is the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party.

And correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember riots when Obama and Joe were running this nation. Of course you will insist that was Trump’s fault too despite the fact he wasn’t president.

I will post just ONE example of a riot under Obama and Joe: Why didn’t Obama and Joe do something about these riots?

2015 Baltimore protests

On April 12, 2015, Baltimore Police Department officers arrested Freddie Gray, a 25-year-old African American resident of Baltimore, Maryland. Gray's neck and spine were injured while he was in a police vehicle and he went into a coma. On April 18, there were protests in front of the Western district police station.[1][2] Gray died April 19.
Further protests were organized after Gray's death became public knowledge, amid the police department's continuing inability to adequately or consistently explain the events following the arrest and the injuries. Spontaneous protests started after the funeral service, although several included violent elements. Civil unrest continued with at least twenty police officers injured, at least 250 people arrested, 285 to 350 businesses damaged, 150 vehicle fires, 60 structure fires,[13] 27 drugstores looted,[14] thousands of police and Maryland National Guard troops deployed, and with a state of emergency declared in the city limits of Baltimore.[15][16] The state of emergency was lifted on May 6.[17] The series of protests took place against a historical backdrop of racial and poverty issues in Baltimore.[18][19]
On May 1, 2015, Gray's death was ruled by the medical examiner to be a homicide. Six officers were charged with various offenses, including second-degree murder, in connection with Gray's death.[20] Three officers were subsequently acquitted; in July 2016, following the acquittals, Baltimore City State's Attorney Marilyn Mosby dropped charges against the remaining three officers.[2
2015 Baltimore protests - Wikipedia

He tried to get rid of the rioters in Portland, leaving only the peaceful protesters but you guys chased him out. The peaceful protesters and the wall of moms provided cover for the rioters in order to let the rioters riot. Now Portland's plan of action is to give the rioters free reign to riot. Calling rioters out for their rioting, Wheeler's plan, the left's plan, and Biden's plan, doesn't stop the rioting. It is nothing but a meaningless gesture.

Trump is president and the country is a mess. Time for him to leave. End of story.

These are Biden voters rioting and looting and assaulting civilians and the police. Why do you want to reward their violent, criminal behavior by electing their guy?

Trump is president and the country is a mess. Time for him to leave. End of story.

Democrat rioters turn country into a mess and then blame Trump. Only a fool would fall for that.

There are limits to what Trump can do to resolve a problem in a city. He has to be asked first or declare there is an insurrection in the city (which is a big step).

The main problem is that that Democrats who run these cities are tying the hands of the police departments and not allowing them to arrest rioters who loot and burn and throw them in jail awaiting trial.

Of course Democrats blame Trump because Democrats blame Trump for everything in the entire universe that goes wrong. Democrats create a problem and blame Trump. A tried and true tactics that only works because the liberal media is the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party.

And correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remember riots when Obama and Joe were running this nation. Of course you will insist that was Trump’s fault too despite the fact he wasn’t president.

I will post just ONE example of a riot under Obama and Joe: Why didn’t Obama and Joe do something about these riots?

You mean there was rioting and violence under the Obama Biden watch? Well clearly then we cant vote for Biden to fix this. He helped create it.

If Biden replaces Trump two years after Joe takes over the cities will be still burning and we will be on the verge of a race war or actually in one. Joe will be hiding out in the basement of the White House hoping for some hot chocolate and a nap. Kamala Harris will be colluding with the cabinet to invoke the Twenty-fifth Amendment and remove Joe from the Oval Office as he is incapable of doing the job because he is suffering from dementia.

The Black Lives Matter groups will be pushing for the passage of a law that makes it illegal for a cop to shoot a black man no matter what the circumstances. The anti-gun groups will be pushing a bill through Congress to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms. China will be once again taking jobs from the United States and imposing enormous tariffs on our exports. Hunter Biden will be the ambassador to China. The stock market will have crashed and taxes will have doubled on the middle class.

Iran will have nuclear ICBMs that can reach the east coast of the United States and North Korea will have ICBMs that can reach the west coast. The border wall on the Mexican border will have been torn down and a flood of people will be crossing into the United States to get free medical care, free welfare and free college. AOC will propose building a bridge to Hawaii so we no longer need to use aircraft to fly there. She will still be worried about Global Warming despite the fact that evidence is mounting that we are in the early stages of a new Ice Age.

The scary part is much of this prediction might actually happen.

You mean there was rioting and violence under the Obama Biden watch? Well clearly then we cant vote for Biden to fix this. He helped create it.

There were also riots in Ferguson that happened during the Obama/Biden Administration.

Ferguson unrest

The Ferguson unrest (sometimes called the Ferguson uprising, Ferguson protests, or Ferguson riots) in Ferguson, Missouri, involved protests and riots beginning on August 10, 2014, the day after the fatal shooting of Michael Brown by police officer Darren Wilson. The unrest sparked a vigorous debate in the United States about the relationship between law enforcement officers and African Americans, the militarization of police, and the use-of-force law in Missouri and nationwide. Continued activism expanded the issues to include modern-day debtors prisons,[9] for-profit policing,[10] and school segregation.[11]
As the details of the original shooting emerged, police established curfews and deployed riot squads to maintain order. Along with peaceful protests, there was significant looting and violent unrest in the vicinity of the original shooting, as well as across the city. There was also significant media criticism of the militarization of the police when dealing with violent protests in Ferguson.[12][13] The unrest continued on November 24, 2014, after a grand jury did not indict Officer Wilson.[14] It briefly continued again on the one-year anniversary of Brown's shooting.[15] The Department of Justice (DOJ) concluded Wilson shot Brown in self-defense.[16][17]
In response to the shooting and subsequent unrest, the DOJ conducted an investigation into the policing practices of the Ferguson Police Department (FPD).[18][19] In March 2015, the DOJ announced that they had determined that the FPD had engaged in misconduct against the citizenry of Ferguson by, among other things, discriminating against African Americans and applying racial stereotypes in a "pattern or practice of unlawful conduct."[20][21][22] The DOJ also found that Ferguson depended on fines and other charges generated by police.[23]

Ferguson unrest - Wikipedia

There were also riots in Ferguson that happened during the Obama/Biden Administration.

And Trump blamed Obama for it.

So, the buck suddenly doesn't stop at the president?

You plan to vote for Trump because pretty much every "Libertarian" are just straight ticket Republican voters who call themselves "Libertarian" because they think it sounds cool.

The rest of your drivel is just talking points fed to you by your political masters who rob you blind and blame "ANTIFA" for it.

If Biden replaces Trump two years after Joe takes over the cities will be still burning and we will be on the verge of a race war or actually in one. Joe will be hiding out in the basement of the White House hoping for some hot chocolate and a nap. Kamala Harris will be colluding with the cabinet to invoke the Twenty-fifth Amendment and remove Joe from the Oval Office as he is incapable of doing the job because he is suffering from dementia.

The Black Lives Matter groups will be pushing for the passage of a law that makes it illegal for a cop to shoot a black man no matter what the circumstances. The anti-gun groups will be pushing a bill through Congress to ban and confiscate all civilian owned firearms. China will be once again taking jobs from the United States and imposing enormous tariffs on our exports. Hunter Biden will be the ambassador to China. The stock market will have crashed and taxes will have doubled on the middle class.

Iran will have nuclear ICBMs that can reach the east coast of the United States and North Korea will have ICBMs that can reach the west coast. The border wall on the Mexican border will have been torn down and a flood of people will be crossing into the United States to get free medical care, free welfare and free college. AOC will propose building a bridge to Hawaii so we no longer need to use aircraft to fly there. She will still be worried about Global Warming despite the fact that evidence is mounting that we are in the early stages of a new Ice Age.

The scary part is much of this prediction might actually happen.

No more OAN for you.

No more OAN for you.

OAN is more fun than Fox News. It is on as my background music while I am typing this. Once I finish I am off to watch Ancient Aliens.

Well, they do lie more.

I remember how CNN and MSNBC told me night after night that I could stick a fork in Trump because he was done. There was proof beyond any doubt that he colluded with Putin to beat Hillary and he would be impeached and removed from office.

Fox News and OAN said the opposite. They were right.

Explain to me why I should watch CNN and MSNBC when they were so wrong?

The bottom line is that the liberal media is the propaganda wing of the Democratic Party and Fox New is the propaganda wing for Trump and his Deplorables. The Establishment Republican Party has no propaganda wing because nobody gives a damn about useless wimpy Republicans like Romney and Kasich. The tusks have fallen off the GOP elephant but Trump still saddled it up and rode it to victory over Hillary’s poor donkey who not only had to carry Hillary but all her baggage.

Back
Top Bottom